Thread: General Hotel Reports

+ Submit Report
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Hotel Etoile

Jonas Fun,

Etoile is an excellent hotel, especially their location. Many members do not like their beds, but I had no problem with it. However, recently they have increased their prices significantly. In this price range, there are much better alternatives, i.e. Loi Suites at Recoleta.

Bandy

Etoille Hotel

I was in BA 9 months ago, and stayed in the Etoille Hotel. At that time it was quite hot for mongers, who meet in the bar. The Hotel was Chicka friendly, the rooms where clean and large, All in all I was quite happy to stay there.

Now I am heading back to BA next week, and am planning to stay in the same hotel. But It is not mentioned on this site anymore - is it not a preferrable hotel anymore? - Has there been problems?

Hope to meet some of you next week.

Jonas Fun

Ok...here we are with...

...Hotel Tres Sargentos (Tres Sargentos 345) offering Single for 60, Double for 70, Triple for 90, Quadruple for 105. Breakfast 4.
    Prices in Pesos
    tresargentos@hotmail.com
    4312-6081

uuuups...Lancaster rose the prices...

...sorrybut calling them today, they asked for a "reduced" fee of 184 Pesos...for "friends". I think it is too high. Will checkout tomorrow good alternatives and post them.

Lancaster Hotel...

Cordoba y Reconquista

Has been my first place before buying roperty to live here. Best relation in price/quality...46m aside of "la eclesia" = "the church" = Cafe Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman
    Y & R,
    Thanks for the help. I just booked the Shearton Libertador using my Starwood points. 7000 points for 3 nights, which is equivalent to about 10,000 airline miles. No a bad deal I think since the normal cost is over 100 USD per night. It will be nice if I get free breakfast and room upgrade since I am a platinum SPG member but I am not counting on it. Of course I'll post my experience.
    Sportsman
    No hay problema, amigo. You're getting a sweet deal by cashing in your SPG points. Enjoy your stay and misbehave as much as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Young & Restless
    Hi Sportsman,

I stayed at the Sheraton Libertador in March. Breakfast is included, although free internet access is not. Also, they had a very friendly chica policy. I mentioned a few other things about my stay there in my BsAs report.

Hope this helps,

Y & R
    Y & R,
    Thanks for the help. I just booked the Shearton Libertador using my Starwood points. 7000 points for 3 nights, which is equivalent to about 10,000 airline miles. No a bad deal I think since the normal cost is over 100 USD per night. It would be nice if I get free breakfast and room upgrade since I am a platinum SPG member but I am not counting on it. Of course I'll post my experience.
    Sportsman

Sheraton Libertador

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman
    Just booked my flight to BsAs for July. I have narrowed my hotel choice to either Howard Johnson on 2241 Bartolome Mitre for about 42 USD/night or use my STARWOOD points for free nights at Sheraton Libertador Hotel on Avenida Cordoba 690.
    I know this is not the best Howard Johnson in town. Pictures from Howard Johnson's web site look ok. Breakfast is included and looks like it offers free internet access. But the location is about 15 blocks from where I really want to be and Expedia only rate it as a 2 star hotel. I am not really picky but I don't want to stay at a hole in the ground in a bad neigborhood neither.
    Shearton Libertador would cost me 2500 points/night which is about their lowest free room redemption rate. But looks like it does not to have free internet access and breakfast.
    If Howard Johnson is a decent hotel then I might save my STARWOOD points for a later time.
    Any suggestion would be appreciated.
    Hi Sportsman,

I stayed at the Sheraton Libertador in March. Breakfast is included, although free internet access is not. Also, they had a very friendly chica policy. I mentioned a few other things about my stay there in my BsAs report.

Hope this helps,

Y & R

NH City

Hi Folks,

Just to inform you that NH City is a very nice Hotel, is located in Bolivar 160 near Plaza de Mayo. The hotel is Chica friendly, rooms are clean and staff is very nice.

HOJO or Sheaton

Just booked my flight to BsAs for July. I have narrowed my hotel choice to either Howard Johnson on 2241 Bartolome Mitre for about 42 USD/night or use my STARWOOD points for free nights at Sheraton Libertador Hotel on Avenida Cordoba 690.
    I know this is not the best Howard Johnson in town. Pictures from Howard Johnson's web site look ok. Breakfast is included and looks like it offers free internet access. But the location is about 15 blocks from where I really want to be and Expedia only rate it as a 2 star hotel. I am not really picky but I don't want to stay at a hole in the ground in a bad neigborhood neither.
    Shearton Libertador would cost me 2500 points/night which is about their lowest free room redemption rate. But looks like it does not to have free internet access and breakfast.
    If Howard Johnson is a decent hotel then I might save my STARWOOD points for a later time.
    Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Angry Warning: Hotel Rizt on Ave Mayo

Warning: Don't stay at this hotel. Its a dump, and you will get robbed as I did. They stole my laptop, cell phone, and my walkman. Besides, the rooms are dirty and there's too much noise coming in from the outside.

Hotel Gran Orly, for Roger

Hi Roger (and anyone else with advice),

In answer to your question, you can contact the Hotel Gran Orly by going to their website and selecting Reservaciones, which allows you email access.

But you found rates that are lower than what is posted on their own site, where a single is $34 and a double is $39. Could you tell me the site where you found the lower rate you quote in your post?

If anyone else has suggestions on hotels, please contact me. I am making my first trip to BA in June (to celebrate a divorce). I promise to make a newbie report.

http://www.orly.com.ar
    Last edited by ToledoGuy; 05-06-05 at 02:06. Reason: Website

Question Hotel Presidente?!

Anyone know if this place is nice? Chica friendly?

Thanks!

Gran Hotel Orly

I will be coming to Buenos Aires in July, and your recommendation of the Gran Hotel Orly looks good to me. I found booking on the internet at $33 US per night including breakfast. I assume this is the deal to which you refer. Otherwise, if there is a better deal, please let me know.

Also found on the internet that some bathrooms are refurbished, others not. Any way to request one with a refurbished bathroom?

Finally question: booking a room for one with a single bed is cited at $29, a double for two at $33. Since I want a double bed, this is what I will book. Will I still be charged 20 pesos if I have an overnight guest?

Quote Originally Posted by BayBoy
    Im currently staying at the Gran Hotel Orly, Paraguay near San Martin. Its a 3 star hotel, nothing great, but a good budget deal if thats what youre looking for. They quote a price of $34 per night, but when it came time to pay they only charged me $30US.

Chica friendly, but the girl has to register at the desk, plus its 20 pesos to bring her in.

Decent continental breakfast. -- bayboy
    I can second Gran Hotel Orly as a decent option. I stayed there right before the devaluation. In those days it was about $50/night. Good clean hotel with no b.s. I never tried bringing a girl back. Cutty Sark and Jaz are right around the corner and the Suipacha places are just down the street the other way. I picked the place for its location and it worked well.

On my first visit I stayed at Gran Hotel Argentino on Carlos Pelligrini. AWFUL! Dirty, old room and poor service. Of course, recommended in Lonely Planet!

If you're staying longer, a nice apartment is only half that. I have a two-bedroom apartment in Palermo Viejo (my favorite area) with a good kitchen and high-speed Internet for about $17 (monthly rate).

Posting Limitations