Thread: General Hotel Reports

+ Submit Report
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Romine
    Where do you guys go for private internet use (when you want to view photos of prospects etc.)? I mean, there are the public internet cafes, which aren't very private. And there are hotels with internet access in the rooms, but I don't have a computer, so that doesn't help me. Please let me know.

Thanks
    I'm renting an apartment from ByTArgentina that comes with a high-speed Internet connection. I brought my laptop. This is working great.

I didn't have an Internet connection in my apartment when I visited last year. I found an Internet place on Lavalle towards the end near 9 de Julio that had booths which were pretty private. One could see the side of the monitor from the outside but not the content. I've seen other places like that but they aren't common in my experience.

I visited New Zealand a few years ago and signed-up for dial-up service for the time I was there. That would be "good enough" to get the job done. I wonder if one could do the same thing here.

Question Internet

Where do you guys go for private internet use (when you want to view photos of prospects etc.)? I mean, there are the public internet cafes, which aren't very private. And there are hotels with internet access in the rooms, but I don't have a computer, so that doesn't help me. Please let me know.

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz
    Hotel I Run that is in a not so good part of town. Almost as good as Mr. Chirts in Once.
    Daddy Rulz,

Yes, I see the joke, but at least staying in Hotel Irun(or I Run) beats staying in
    Hotel Callejero or Hotel Parados.

Hot To Cool
    Last edited by Hot To Cool; 04-09-05 at 05:49. Reason: mispelling

Hotel Help

I'm a newbie that will be making my first trip to Buenos Aires soon, arriving on April 22. From April 24-April 30, I will be staying at the Loi Suites near San Martin. I have two questions:

1. Anyone familiar with LOI Suites in the San Martin area? What's nearby where I can scoop something up?

2) I need a place to stay on April 22 and 23rd. Anyone familiar with the Ayres in Recoleta? How is it? Any other recommendations?

Gran Hotel Orly

Im currently staying at the Gran Hotel Orly, Paraguay near San Martin. Its a 3 star hotel, nothing great, but a good budget deal if thats what youre looking for. They quote a price of $34 per night, but when it came time to pay they only charged me $30US.

Chica friendly, but the girl has to register at the desk, plus its 20 pesos to bring her in.

Decent continental breakfast. -- bayboy

Does anybody else see the joke?

Hotel I Run that is in a not so good part of town. Almost as good as Mr. Chirts in Once.

Hotel Irun in Constituciňn area

I went down to BA on short notice to get some extension pages in my passport. I was leaving Clorinda and the opportunity was there, except it was Easter week. About the only pleasant surprise was the:

Hotel Irun, 1671 Santiago del Estero in Constitucion
    www.hotelirun.com.ar tel:4306-0018

I could only get a reservation for 4 days at the Constituciňn Palace, so had to look for a room for Easter weekend. I stumbled on this hotel walking around looking. It is 2 blocks directly behind the Constituciňn Palace(which is in Plaza Constitución). It has very inobtrusive signs and is right next to 2 cheaper but decent looking hotels(one of which is the Casa Blanca).

It is a 3 star hotel. The street and area aren't too bad, actually. I had no problems walking in the area over the course of a week.

It isn't that far away from El Centro. Taxi fare to Cafe Excedra is 6 pesos.

The hotel is actually newer and has nice rooms. Room with large dbl bed and good mattress is $ar105 dbl, $ar88 sgl. They have 2 room suites with jacuzzi for $ar150 and $ar200. Taxes included. The rooms tend to have large, very expensive bathrooms. Unfortunately, there is no frigibar. I told the manager that a frigibar is the thing that would raise the value the most. It does have an in hotel bar. Breakfast(coffee and media lunas) is included.

The hotel is very chica friendly. The nite shift guy remembered me because he used to work as the cashier in Cristobal Colon(aka SNOB) where I used to have a regular.

The people were very nice and very helpful. This hotel is still cheap because of the location. If you are venturesome, it is worth consideration.

Thumbs up

Aspen Towers hotel on Paraguay, near Florida St and right around the corner from Hook and Cattos. All rooms have a good jacuzzi bath (which went down well with the company I had!), a proper queen size bed (rather than two singles pushed together), air con, and a reasonably priced minibar. Hotel had buffet breakfast, swimming pool, sauna, exercise equipment, restaraunt, and bar. Girl friendly, no extra charge. Friendly staff.

LoiSuites in Recoleta has high speed Internet and a gym. Some of the rooms didn't have high speed Internet when I stayed in January but they are all supposed to have it now. The gym is OK except that it's in the basement with a low ceiling.

Hotel in recoleta area with internet hi speed connection

I'm searching for an hotel in Recoleta area with internet hi speed connection in room and gym.

Is it possible and what would be the price ?

Sheraton

Last time I stayed at Sheraton was when a few of my friends were working at the IBM bldg nearby - Walking back late from either work or the Kilnkenney's was easy I did not see any problem with guests as long as your lass was decently dressed and not overtly drunk.

Sheraton Libertador

Quote Originally Posted by Unagi
    I am reseraching into using my Starwood point in BsA. So far, I had ruled out Park Tower.

I understand Sheraton Libertador is even closer to Triangle/Qadrangle than San Martin Sheraton. It's also an older property. But I am wondering if its also Chica friendly? Any experience on room, facilities, service, etc.?

Is the San Martin location and newer building worth 33% premium over Libertador? Especially for mongers?

I also just realized that Hyatt is suppose to open a new Park Hyatt to replace the one that reflaged to Four Season. Supposely to be open around this July. Does anybody know where the location will be?

Thanks in advance.
    I have been there twice before and was overall pleased. No issues what so ever with chicas. A few times I even brought my mid-afternoon 'snack' back to my room from Orleans, which coincidently is only about 100 yds away.

The staff only checked the chicas' ID and off we went. Rooms are very standard Sheraton cookie cutter, but good nonetheless.

Not familiar with San Martin hotel, but can say Lib does not have outdoor pool. Wouldn't recommend 33% premium is worth it. Also, Lib is stone throw from Florida Ave and Galleries Mall.

Sheraton Libertador? New Park Hyatt?

Quote Originally Posted by El Aleman
    The Sheraton is near Plaza San Martín, very close to the microcentro (downtown), walking distance to the triangle (Quadrangle, sorry, Member #3313) - maybe 5 blocks - and A$R 5,- taxi to the Recoleta clubs and Restaurants. Also, 5 peso taxi to Puerto Madero.
    El Alemán
    I am reseraching into using my Starwood point in BsA. So far, I had ruled out Park Tower.

I understand Sheraton Libertador is even closer to Triangle/Qadrangle than San Martin Sheraton. It's also an older property. But I am wondering if its also Chica friendly? Any experience on room, facilities, service, etc.?

Is the San Martin location and newer building worth 33% premium over Libertador? Especially for mongers?

I also just realized that Hyatt is suppose to open a new Park Hyatt to replace the one that reflaged to Four Season. Supposely to be open around this July. Does anybody know where the location will be?

Thanks in advance.

Where do I find Moondogs primer?

Can you send me the link?

Thanks.

Hi,

Moondog's Buenos Aires Guide is right on the Forum's Table of Contents, under the cryptic title "Moondog's Buenos Aires Guide".

Thanks,

Jackson

Sheraton

The Sheraton is near Plaza San Martín, very close to the microcentro (downtown), walking distance to the triangle (Quadrangle, sorry, Member #3313) - maybe 5 blocks - and A$R 5,- taxi to the Recoleta clubs and Restaurants. Also, 5 peso taxi to Puerto Madero.

If this is your first time, I highly recommend to read Moondogs EXCELLENT Bs.As. primer, and print it out.

The Sheraton is chica friendly (at least, used to be in May 2003, since then I stayed in apartments). The chica has to register at the front desk (which is for your security) and show an ID. No surcharge. And, as they rent probably 100 rooms every night to gentlemen travelling alone, they see it maybe 33 times per night... Will say, no hassle at all.

Also, try to hook up with other guys, including the (expat) locals, and have them show you around. And don't miss a weekend Mansion party.

Have fun in my favourate city,

El Alemán

Posting Limitations