Thread: General Hotel Reports

+ Submit Report
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Sheraton and Crown Plaza

1St time in BA coming up in April. Does anyone have an info on these hotels.
    Sherton at the convention center and the CROWNE PLAZA PANAMERICANO.
    Are they near each other? Are they in the party sections of the city? and finally are they Chica friendly.
    any help would be appeciated...
    Thanks

Cristoforo Columbo

As per the restaurant section, you will see Rio Alba acolades which is only 1 block down from this Palermo hotel.

As for the TVestites in the area, I spend a lot of time in this area over the last 3 years and have not seen any until you cross over Sante Fe. There are some extremely expensive apt's right in this neighborhood and other very fine restarauntes.
    Personally, I was not too fond of the rooms here as the ceilings seemed clastorphobically low when I looked at their exec suites. Price and neighborhood are nice and if it is nice out, and you and your chica want to get out into the daylight, this area has the most parks in the city.
    MAG

Ayres de Recoleta

I am going to try this Hotel based upon a recommendation by Mayra. Will let you all know how it is. Location is great - just a block from Madaho's (too bad that place seems to be going downhill).

Cristoforo Colombo Suites

IŽll give it a thumbs up. Great value, $34 a day before taxes. Good hotel. Probably the nicest I've stayed in BA. Damn good queen size beds. As the name implies, they are suites with full kitchens. Living room with separate bedrooms. They are bigger than some apartments I've rented in BA or Rio. Stay away from the rooms that end in 15 though. Those are right next to the service elevator and that thing makes the floor shake 24/7. I moved after my first day. It's a shame though since those rooms are huge. They have another dressing room that I wouldn't even know what to do with as well as a separate room for the kitchen instead of being a little room/alcove off of the living room.

Most importantly they are guest friendly. I asked the front desk and they said no problem. I tested it last night and my lady guest was welcomed with a smile. No registration at the front desk required. It might be a bit strange during the day. A lot of families stay here and they are about in the lobby with their dogs et al. Also, yesterday a school group with about 100 high school kids checked in. A sign that they are chica friendly is they have pamphlets for Solid Gold in the tourist information handout stand.

The downside is that it's in Palermo. About a 6 pesos ride from Recoleta. The subway closes at around 10 so it's useless for clubbing.

You'll also find a lot of street walkers in the neighborhood. Unless you are into transvestites I'd take a pass. But if you are into that, you can find them here.

Be Careful!!!!

Hi, Gentlemongers:

I want to remind you that BISONTE PALACE HOTEL is not chicas' friendly anymore!!!!!

Kisses, Roxanne.

Hotel Cristoforo Colombo

Quote Originally Posted by JustGotBack
    Is this hotel guest friendly? I remember that someone posted about it last year, but I can't get the search to find it. I try scrolling through all the old messages, but the site gives me the too busy message before too long.

I posted on this hotel in November/December of 2003. It was chica friendly and all in all a good buy with a decent outdoor pool, near Palermo SoHo. Highly recommended!

Kempinski Hotels

Anyone have any experience with the Kempinski's. I'm considering not using Mayra as a hotel agent.

Comments

Maloso1,

Also planning on being in town during that time-frame. Pehaps we can compare notes.

Jackson,

This great resource is certain to loose its base. Maybe you can provide some commentary on the problems "we" experience getting logged in. It's like setting around the death bed of a beloved parent!!!!

Ho tels

Gents,

Anyone with a list of chica freindly hotels would greatly be appreciated...looking into the possibility of going down for some mongering this Feb/Mar.

If you have prices in U.S. dollars it would help out as well.

Thanks,

Malosos

Hilton turned out to be Chica Friendly!

Just my .02

Cheers!

B.

Quote Originally Posted by Beleriand
    Hello all,

Happy holidays!

Would anyone be able to tell me if the Hilton @ Macacha Guemes is chica friendly? If she shows up around midnight? or with me around the same time?

Thanks!

B.

Christoro Colombo Suites in Palermo?

Is this hotel guest friendly? I remember that someone posted about it last year, but I can't get the search to find it. I try scrolling through all the old messages, but the site gives me the too busy message before too long.

Claridge Hotel

Hi to all,

I'm not far from pushing the button and finalizing my first trip to Bs As. I've been looking at a few package deals and I came across one that includes airfaire and a seven night stay at the Claridge Hotel for a very good price.

I'm used to how the hotels operate in Rio where the majority of them are not chica friendly. I called the Claridge Hotel yesterday and asked a guy if bringing girls back was a problem and he assured me that it was not. I had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming, because the seems like a really nice hotel to still be chica friendly.

Has anyone else stayed at the Claridge Hotel? If so, was it easy bringing girls back to your room and is there anything else that I should be aware of before I make the move?

Thanks in advance!!

Y & R

Howard Johnson Plaza on Florida

I can't remember what I am paying for my room here. I got the reservation through Mayra and prepaid her. I think around $87US per night, breakfast included. The ROOM, IMO, is a decent value for the price. Maybe even a good value. My room faces Florida, so there is no traffic noise at all. I don't know about the other rooms of course. Remember that since Florida is a mall cabs cannot drive right up to the front door. But it's very close to the Plaza Liberador General San Martin end of Florida, so the cabs can get very close. Also, if you are concerned about luggage, the bell hops are willing to take their carts down to the point where cabs drop you off.

Other observations, in no particular order ...

There was a problem with the lock on my door so that I couldn't use the deadbolt. That as fixed within about 6 hours after I reported it.

There was no price list for the mini-bar left in the room. Likewise, there was no info in the room re the cost of phone calls. Local land-line calls are free. But local cell phone calls are a little over a peso per minute.

Eggs are included in the breakfast buffet but you have to ask.

The elevators are terrible.

Speaking of the elevators, to get above the first floor you have to use your room key. So you have to meet chicas on the 1st floor or at street level.

The two Internet computers are heavily used. Often by kids playing games or IMing. Also, there is 0 privacy. Anyone walking through the lobby is able to see what is on your screen.

There are all kinds of customers here. Elderly couples, young families (one came in with 6 children this morning), middle age and older single women. I'm not sure if I've seen any other mongers.

Bob

Howard Johnson Plaza

Stayed at the Howard Johnson Plaza on Florida between Xmas and New Years and was greatly disappointed and will probably not stay again. Would not recommend. While the rooms are pretty good, based on my experience it is nothing but a 2 star hotel due to the poor service.

In order of disappointments:

One elevator did not work at all and the only other one broke down more than a dozen times while there. Staying on the 11th floor and having no other rooms available, this made the elevator thing a problem. Had to use the stairwells numerous times and they are NOT air-conditioned.

Reception desk staff never smiled, never appeared friendly (unlike another hotel I stayed at before). When I mentioned my issues, they failed to respond with even the slightest (even if insincere) hint of sympathy.

The last 3 days hundreds gnat-like insects decided to share my room with me. Since I did not invite them and they refused to pay something, I decided to complain to the Director of the hotel. While they died quickly for some reason, I have never had insects in any hotel I have anywhere stayed at so I expect none in any hotel, especially a 4 star. While the Director was sympathetic, he did little but send a bottle of wine to my room. He promised to clean them off the ceiling and walls within 20 minutes. 2 days later their dead remains were still in place.

Per the Director, their internet access is 'high-speed'. First, it was unavailable more than 70% of the time. Second, I guess a 14.4 modem is high speed to them because that is how it was responding when available.

If I stay there next time, I'm bringing my own can of Raid along with a parachute, rope ladder and PC. What I won't bring so as to match the reception people, is my sunny, positive attitude.

Stowe

General Hotel Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Sexplorer
    I unpacked, and tried to hide my large suitcase somewhere in the closet to no avail. Although the room was very nice, it was so tiny that it appeared I had to hide the room in the suitcase, not the other way around!
    FYI,
    I had a similar experience in the Hotel Prince in Barrio Norte (just a few blocks from the Recoleta). However, the rates at the Prince, 80 pesos per day, are much less than the Art Hotel and the Prince staff were chica friendly. It's a very nice area and convenient for short stays, IMHO. Mayra booked it for me on a relatively short notice, and got an even lower rate: Mayra Brill

Hope this helps.
    -Happygotlucky

Posting Limitations