Thread: General Hotel Reports

+ Submit Report
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfe
    Booked me into the Regal Pacific for a week and I loved it. $140 a night with breakfast. Wifi in the rooms. This is brand new hotel with pillow top beds. Just a block away from Cafe Orleans, not that I found anything worth taking out. 18.275 minute walk to Cabana las Lilas.

Starfe
    $140 in Centro? Ouch. Was that a cash in advance price or a credit card price? How was the room, the breakfast, and the shower? Do they have a gym?

Mayra Brill: Thank you for the great service

Booked me into the Regal Pacific for a week and I loved it. $140 a night with breakfast. Wifi in the rooms. This is brand new hotel with pillow top beds. Just a block away from Cafe Orleans, not that I found anything worth taking out. 18 to 75 minute walk to Cabana las Lilas.

Starfe

RE: Mayra Brill

Quote Originally Posted by Woof Woof
    Last time I was in BA was in March 2004 and Mayra made all the hotel arrangements for me. I haven't kept up with her and was wondering if anybody knows whether she still provides those travel services? If so, would appreciate a contact email or phone number.

Cheers,

WW
    I think the following e-mail address is still good.

Mayra@ArgentinaTravelServices. Com

Bandy

Mayra?

Last time I was in BA was in March 2004 and Mayra made all the hotel arrangements for me. I haven't kept up with her and was wondering if anybody knows whether she still provides those travel services? If so, would appreciate a contact email or phone number.

Cheers,

WW

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

I normally stay at the Marriott. Never had a problem with girls coming up at any time of the day or night. If they are coming on a pre-arranged appointment, I usuall get a call from the front desk telling me my guests are here and I say it is OK to send her or them up. Never a problem.

Last time down, when I walked in with a girl I was never stopped for ID or anything. I usually walked "down the stairs" as though I was heading to the bar and then took the elevator up from the lower level.

Marriott

I will be staying at the Marriott for the weekend in a week. Is the hotel girl friendly? And how is the location? Close to the attractions?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Thumbs up Chica freindly hotel

Argenta Towers is a very freindly chica welcome spot. Its located on Juncal st. And Santa Fe. Easy walking to some great eye candy for choosing.

Happy hunting!

Smile Hotel Felipe II - Cordoba

(Its Christmas Eve - ANYONE ELSE IN CORDOBA?

I'm at that hotel now, per the recomendation of someone else on AP. It pretty good, basic comfortable, nice people and 82 pesos w. IVA and breakfast. Not sure about chica frienly cause I havent tried. And they will gadly give you a back-facing quiet room if you ask.

In my opinion the fisrt criterion on any low or medium priced hotel in NOISE. I spent one night, my first in Argentina, in a front facing noisy room. As Goerge Patton might have said, it was heck - like sleeping under a running bus.

every hotel full

I'm usually travel without reservation all over the world and I never found so many problem to find a hotel as in BA in my last 3 weeks trip.

Many hotels were completly full.

I stopped in a "locutorio" and started calling many hotels and finally found a room in Sarmiento Palace - we were travelling in 3 and we found only 1 triple for 60 usd (good quality with 2 sleeping room)

Many tourist and working peolple now in BA, better to reserve before.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantisLove
    Is it generally possible / practical (assuming you have high-speed internet in the room) One of my fears is that they might block it. Hotels just love ripping you off on phone calls.

Thanks, Bob
    I doubt they would block Vonage but most hotels require some kind of browser based authentication process to use HS Internet so using a Vonage adaptor would get tricky. A softphone would be no problem although last time I looked at the Vonage offering, it was an expensive alternative. Better to get something like Skype or GizmoProject that runs on your laptop.

Gran Hotel Dora

Had business in BA. The company travel coordinator booked me at the very overpriced Sheraton. It seems that in addition to charging way too much for a room, they don't particularly like chicas. Or was it just me? At any rate, I checked out and moved to the Gran Hotel Dora. Price was an object. The front desk seemed chica friendly, at least they didn't complain when I brought a lady back.

Nice Argie business hotel. Highspeed internet in the room. The room was clean, the hotel was in good if not five star great shape. More later.

Use of Vonage in Hotels?

Is it generally possible / practical (assuming you have high-speed internet in the room) One of my fears is that they might block it. Hotels just love ripping you off on phone calls.

Thanks, Bob

Quote Originally Posted by SobeMiami
    I believe the Faena Hotel is new. Does anyone have any experience?

Thank you.
    Let me put it this way, if it was in SoBe, then it would be around us$1000/ night range at least and sold out way in advance. Check all the life style magazines; all talk about this hotel and they have a turkish bath.

Quote Originally Posted by SobeMiami

Thank you.
    It's supposed to be really nice. Not surprisingly, then, it is the preferred hotel of the gay set. They have such good taste, you know. Maybe they'll let a straight guy stay there; I've never been able to get a reservation.

Faena Hotel

Thank you.

+ Submit Report
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations