Thread: Argentina Residency

+ Submit Report
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

CDI is NOT cedula !

CDI (Clave de identification) is your personal tax number as a stranger OR as a resident.

It will change after getting DNI to a new CUIT/CUIL.

Form of CDI is F. 663, you need to demonstrate a lease/rental-contract and a confirmation of the next police station (10Pesos).

Usualy the agency in Hip. Yrigoien will give you the CDI in the act.

DEMAND NOT to pay any mensual amount AS YOU ARE STRANGER.

With this CDI you can buy any property you like. Take care of the actual tendency to freeze in 30% of cash-transfers from non-residents!

Buying property

Andres:

You definitely can buy property without a DNI (I did it). If anybody wants to do that, get yourself a lawyer who specializes in doing these things with foreigners, you will need him anyway. What you need is the CUIT, and you can get that as a foreigner.

El Alemán

The official document is the DNI

Spassmusssein:

1) CUIL/CUIT (Código Único de Identificación Laboral / Código Único de Identificación Tributaria) are those corresponding to tax ID numbers (such as SSN). They are not used as a proof of identity, as are the CDI (Cédula de Identidad) or the DNI.

2) DNI is the official document for most of the errands and procedures. You cannot open a bank account nor perform most of the bank operations without it.

You "may" buy property without a DNI, but... weren't we talking about visas?

Andres

Property / Visa

Info of Andres is incorrect.

With your individual taxnumber (cdi/cuil/cuit/) you CAN buy property, no importance being tourist or whatever.

Getting cdi you have to demonstrate your legal adress this can be a little complicated.

Marrying for a visa in Argentina???

Bacchus:

As Dickhead said, this is one of the worst ideas I ever heard. Maybe that arrangement would work wonders for her, but... would it for you?

Will you work or study? Will you buy property? If "no" for both questions, forget it. A very close friend of mine has been living in BA since 1991 as a tourist (14 years). He has an HMO and his ATM card from the US works well.

Saint managed his circumstances to get his visa and the related documentation (DNI, etc). You can do so, also, but keep in mind that he works in Argentina.

Hope this helps,

Andres

On the off chance that you are actually serious and not trolling for a flame war, I would say that instead of asking a bunch of primarily foreign mongers, you should not walk, not jog, but flat-ass run to an Argentinean attorney who specializes in family law. One thing that jumps to mind immediately is her getting pregnant by another guy and you being legally the father. Overall I would say this is the worst idea I have heard in quite a long time and I think the cost of a divorce would cover an awful lot of boat rides to Uruguay.

Question The Nuclear Visa Option

My amigovia just suggested we get married in exchange for a visa for me and a good apartment for her and her hijo. No obligation to live together.
    Anyone have experience along these lines, the pitfalls and the pluses?

Hi Bacchus,

I'd do some legal research first. Getting married (or divorced) under Argentina Law is not the same as in the USA. For example, Argentina is still a "fault" divorce country, and if your spouse can prove that you were cheating on her, she can sue for a divorce and win a sizeable portion of your property, as in more than 50%.

I understand that pre-marriage contracts are recognized and usually upheld.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks,

Jackson

Usual...maybe expensive but safe way:

1. Find good lawayer/notary/gestor (who does the "running work", holding the line)

2. Found s.r.l. (cheaper than s.a., you can change easily to s.a.lateron), you need an Argentinean or resident as "Manager"

2a. Inspecion General de Justicia (checking companies...) is "achanging" from last years idea that a company must be at least 5%:95% to one-person companies.

3. Your "manager" writes to "immigrations" that your work is very necessary for this corp (certified ba notary) to get immigration permitted. Aside you need clean criminal history (just from YOUR homeland, nor ARG)

3a. Medical certificate (hospital of your decision) presentet to "immigrations" (with lung's x-ray)

4. Your "gestor" brings all the paperwork to immigrations and when accepted you get from "your" company a work-contract in a sealed envelope, have to organize a date with Arg-embassy in your homecountry to sign the work-contract in front of the embassador. After that in the act you receive your visa. Having with visa 2 envelopes getting back to Arg.: DO NOT give away one of the envelope (getting it back: 115Ps/2 weeks) at the airport. Showing visa you get your first "immigration" stamp.

5. With visa/stamp your "gestor will organize your first DNI within 4 weeks.
    As I am from Austria, maybe my english is bad, info is better...

AFN Visas

I looked into applying for a residency visa thru AFN Visas:

http://www.afnvisas.com.ar

For the most part, they were on top of their shit, spoke good English, and had only a touch of the typical Argentine business bullshit.

They want U$S700 to take care of everything, which is obviously very steep but probably makes sense for corporates and people who can't be bothered to do this themselves.

I consultation determined that I could qualify for the "retiree" version of the residency visa, but I decided not to go ahead with it. It simply isn't worth the money and hassle (a flight back to an Argentine embassy in the U.S. is necessary, as are police reports, translated original documents, etc.). The quarterly ferry to Colonia is simply easier.

As with most things in Argentina, doing anything "the right way" is simply too much hassle.

Correction

Sorry, there has ben a misunderstanding. To get the DNI one has ONE YEAR starting from the date of issue of the residency permit to get the DNI at another office in Buenos Aires in Calle Chacabuco. (It takes a month to get it there, this was the source of error.) Thanks to Jackpot for the correction.

More info about Migraciones and DNI via decreto

Contrary to previous informations (Jackpot!) it seems that Migraciones do not hand out the DNI but only the (temporary) residency. With that one should go to some other place (police?) to get the DNI. The problem to me and to some of us is that one has to apply for the DNI within 1 month after receiving the temporary residency. According to my current plans I won't be back in time but I am posting this for anybody who may like to put that into consideration. I am probably going to empower a lawyer/notary to take care of all the proceedings and, if necessary, to negotiate a solution for my special case on place.

URGENT - Residency in Argentina according to decreto

Everyone who wants to get a residency according to the decreto (see:http://www.mininterior.gov.ar/migraciones/) and who did not apply yet for it has got only next week to do so because this way expires with Sunday 20 March 2005 - if I understood the red text in this website correctly.

I am in a hurry now, will probably post more about the subject in the next days. Anybody interested in knowing more rapidly can write me an email so that we can get together by phone.

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE to get the DNI picked up by ANOTHER (notary-) impowered person because on picking it up the owner has to put his right thump-print on a part of his photo! This I found out today with the help of a lawyer whom I wanted to pick it up for me in May.

Immigration

here is page for Arg. Immigration. Check out: Requisitos para radicación (towards bottom of page). Residence is more involved than just proof of pension. You also need criminal history (FBI check), health chekup, Argentine Criminal History, birth cert..As well, every paper you present from USA needs and Apostille stamp on it (Just do a yahoo search to find out what it is and what purpose it serves) and then officially translated here in BA. Good luck. Tom

Working on a plan to move there

I'm working on a plan to move to BsAs (learning a new job blah blah blah) I've contacted the Argentine Embasy here and they told me they only have a retiree visa which you must show proof of a pension to get. Otherwise you have to get the equivilant of our green card to avoid the quarterly visit to Colonia. Has anybody gotten a residence visa? How hard are they to get? Saint I know you were working on getting a DNI, any success? I have no intention of trying to make a living on the Argentine economy (I have proved I can be poor here already) so I don't need the right to work.

Administrator

Venues: 398

Argentina Residency

Thead Starter.

Posting Limitations