Thread: Argentina Residency

+ Submit Report
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC
    Coming from Sydney once with LAN, they wouldn't let me board the plane as my return flight was more than 90 days from arrival. I had to buy a ticket in the airport to leave Argentina within the 90 day limit before they let me aboard. Not sure if that policy is general or just for that airline.
    This is ridiculous as you could be visiting Latin America with Argentina as your entrance and departure point. You arrive in Argentina one day and get on a bus the next day and travel to Chile, Paraguay, Peru, Bolivia or wherever and six months later arrive back in Argentina and fly home. But, of course, airlines are known to be ridiculous!

90 day limit

Coming from Sydney once with LAN, they wouldn't let me board the plane as my return flight was more than 90 days from arrival. I had to buy a ticket in the airport to leave Argentina within the 90 day limit before they let me aboard. Not sure if that policy is general or just for that airline.

You can go to immigration for the extension or simply take a ferry to Uruguay for a day.

No one ever asked for return ticket upon arrival in BA.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnDown
    Can I enter Argentina even if my plane ticket shows a return date beyond the 90 day limit. Are the immigration officers strict on this point.

Thank you in advance for any advise you can give me.
    I've never been asked to show a ticket departing Argentina. Unless you look like a dirtbag, I doubt you'll have any problems.

90 day no visa entry

Can I please get some feedback from the frequent visitors regarding the no visa entry into Argentina. I know that as a US citizen you can enter Argentina without a visa provided your stay does not exceed 90 days. Anything beyond 90 days should require a request for an extension of stay at the immigration office or an exit to another country to break the 90 days. Is this true?

Can I enter Argentina even if my plane ticket shows a return date beyond the 90 day limit. Are the immigration officers strict on this point.

Thank you in advance for any advise you can give me.

Thanks Lexton,

I also feel that ARCA is making some error in defining the requirements for a "rentista" visa. It almost seems, that they want to make it sound very complicated to prove their worth.

Now, I am in touch with 2 different immigration lawyers in BA. Both of them are quite positive that I qualify, since I have surplus funds to support myself for 3 years.

However, as far as my nationality is concerned, I personally feel that for a healthy atmosphere on a internet forum, its best that all forms of identities whether its name, race, color, religon etc is not mentioned in the discussions.

Hope no one takes my view point negatively here.

Rentista visa source of funds

There was another poster some time ago complaining about the mis-information from these "visa help companies" which may or may not have been ARCA.

As I recall, he said he was able to obtain the visa easily, with a bank letter. But he said the information from the visa companies indicated this was impossible.

The way I read the rentista stuff(from the link provided below), what ARCA says is flat wrong:

Quote:

Rentistas:

Certificación emitida por la entidad obligada a hacer la remesa de los fondos, en la que conste que los mismos se originan de:

QInversiones en bancos del exterior.-

QRemesas provenientes de instituciones bancarias ó financieras del exterior.-

Endquote.

That expressly says that a bank or other financial company in your country may issue a letter (certificate) of their obligation to pay the funds to you.

I would look for better information. By the way, you never did say what country you are from. If it is that bad, then there may be other problems here?
    Last edited by Lexton; 09-16-07 at 20:40. Reason: add information

Thanks Jackpot.

Your views well noted. Good food for thought!

Welcome to Argentina

It looks to me you have to have a Govt. Pension like soc sec or military, etc. You might inquire about an annuity in the us funding your 2500p per month.

You will find many circlejerks in your quest to get a residency here. A bunch of guys living here choose to go with the 90 day visa jump. I chose a "special plan " (available 2 years ago and now terminated) which was somewhat easy but filled with angst when watching the huge, slovenly beauracracy process the papers.

If I had to do it over and knowing now what this country is like, I would go with the 90 day routine. BA is seductive, but once the knickers are dropped, you might not be pleased with all you see.

The residency visa and DNI do give you some benefits lke reduced internal air fares. Unless you do a lot of internal flights, its a marginal benefit.

Spend 90 days and do a visa run to Uruguay to get another 90 days. If you are convinced the residency rat race is worth it then jump in and pack a lunch.

Best wishes. And keep us posted.

You might want to reseach this excellent forum under this thread, and read the trials and tribulations of the intrepid Thomaso.

Jackpot

Rentista Visa

Hello Experienced guys,

Can you please advise, some first hand information on Rentista visa?

I have been in touch with "ARCA" and the lady there by the name of "Lorena" says that, Argentine 2500 $ required every month for Rentista visa elegibility can NOT be:

A) Generated from a monthly income via my profession.

B) Generated from a fixed deposit in my bank in home country.

C) Generated from a rental income (she says I must open a company, put the property in name of the company & show the rental income as money generated from business!

D) Generated from simply transferring Argentine $ 60,000 one time for proof of funds for 2 years (this procedure is very popular in Costa Rica)

E) Generated from simply having a steady long time huge bank balance in my home country.

She keeps using the word "passive" income which is fair enough. However, I fail to understand that why can't simply prooving that you have the funds & have them steadily for long time, suffice.

With full respect to the authorities, may I know any reasons why they have made this procedure which could have been so simple a bit complicated?

I do understand that they want only financially stable people in the country. However, It would be prudent to let people bring in one go, the expenses required for 48 months and these may be locked in some fund with a monthly release of 2500 pesos.

It would be SO EASY.

I wish I knew good spanish. I would have definitely suggested this to them via the web

Dollars vs. Pesos

Facundo,

I did read this document, but some time ago. What I wrote was out of memory, and as one can see, this can fail.

Regards,

El Alemán

Quote Originally Posted by El Aleman
    Captain,

If you want to retire in Argentina, at the time of your retirement you might be eligible for the pension visa (I think you have to demonstrate income of at least USD 2000 per month)

El Alemán
    El Alemán, the actual amount for a person applying under the category retired (pensionado) is AR$2,000 pesos, not US$2,000 dollars. For additional information click on the site below and then go to the bottom of the page and click on the third from last word document that has the words rentistas / pensionados.

http://www.mininterior.gov.ar/migraciones/permisos.asp

Hope this information helps.

Thank you All for all the advise on Resident visa.

Can anyone suggest me a good, very smart, immigration lawyer in BA well versed with English language?

I am already in touch with ARCA for sometime, but somehow things arent working out with Lorena.

Cheers

Visa

Captain,

As a citizen of the U. S. Or the European Union (and I woould assume a lot more countries as well) you do not need a visa to enter Argentina. So, just present your passport, get an entry stamp and start enjoying your time. As long as you want to come for vacation each year, even for several months, this is just fine.

If you want to retire in Argentina, at the time of your retirement you might be eligible for the pension visa (I think you have to demonstrate income of at least USD 2000 per month)

An investors visa is difficult. My lawyer advised me against it, despite the fact that I would easily fulfil the monetary requirements. Also, it is NOT easy to bring money into the country, there are several things to observe, in most cases you have to deposit 30% of your cash as an interest free loan to the Argentine central bank.

2 centavos de.

El Alemán

Okay Captain. Good luck

Posting Limitations