Thread: Doctors & Dentists

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Psychologist

Can anybody recommend good psychologist that speaks English?

Thanks.

If you need eyeglasses, I recommend "Ópticas Hugo." Talcahuano 26. Hugo is uruguayo and is very funny. Has seven daughters and two work there and are cute, although they have "expanded" a bit over the years.

When I was there last year, I hadn't seen him in five years. I walked in the door, he looked at me, and said my last name. I complimented him. He pointed to his bald head and said, 'El lobo pierde el pelo pero nunca las mañas.'.

Doesn't really translate well but for those who speak castellano, pretty droll.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

I have used Torchio. I think he is still working. Did 5-6 implants for my wife. About 8 years ago. Very good work.

Torchio Miguel A.

A Del Valle 134 , Martínez - Buenos Aires (CP:1640).

(11) 4793 - 3381.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomaso276 For This Post:

I had one done and was satisfied with the work and quality, although I don't remember the exact cost. I think it was $550 US given the rate at the time but would not swear to it.

The dentist's office was right by the Aristóbulo del Valle train station, on the same side Avenida Maipú, facing the ring road. I think it was on the street called Aristóbulo del Valle but it might be one block farther away. You will find cheaper prices if you go outside the city limits. Another dentist I can recommend is named Torchio or Torrchio and his office is in Martínez barrio, I believe. He may have more than one office. His son is also a dentist.

Dental Implants

Has anyone had dental implants done in Bs. As.? I've been in contact with Dental DAS and their prices seem very good.

My Dentist

I live in the S.F. Bay Area, so my costs for what you had done would have cost me $255 without insurance.

I had a filling done yesterday, it would have cost me $180 without insurance.

It is too bad you did not pay in pesos, you would have save lots more.

When I was there my bridge fell out, they glued it back in for $150. At home they would have charged me for a new one. Most likely a few thousand dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin  [View Original Post]
    Gentlemen: Went for a check-up and cleaning at Dental DAS Group which is located at Lapirda 1621, piso 2B , the cross street is Beruti and it is near the German Hospital. The facility is state of the art with new dental equipment and digital dental X-Rays. Most of the staff speaks English. The prices are quoted in dollars online but you can pay in pesos. I misunderstood the pricing during my telephone conversation scheduling my appointment. I thought they only accepted dollars and I foolishly paid by credit card which was unnecessary. Regardless the visit cost less than just a cleaning in San Francisco.

Cost: Examination 350 Ar.

Panoramic X-Rays 350 Ar.

Cleaning 770 Ar.

The Cleaning was done by a cute little female dentist and the exam was done by the head of the clinic. The dentist who appeared to be the boss spoke superb English and I believe he was US trained by his mannerisms. The clinic is completely digital and staff communicate with each other with walkie talkies, so there is no wasted time with the staff waiting around for instructions. If the dentist wanted something she merely used her voice pager and someone brought what she wanted.

The facility is so nice and efficient that I am going to have all my dental maintenance work done there and have my cleaning done every 60-75 days instead of the usual 90. I need to avoid any peridontal problems.

BTW: the clinic lists its pricing online. There were no changes at the office.

Paladin.

Dental DAS Group

Gentlemen: Went for a check-up and cleaning at Dental DAS Group which is located at Lapirda 1621, piso 2B , the cross street is Beruti and it is near the German Hospital. The facility is state of the art with new dental equipment and digital dental X-Rays. Most of the staff speaks English. The prices are quoted in dollars online but you can pay in pesos. I misunderstood the pricing during my telephone conversation scheduling my appointment. I thought they only accepted dollars and I foolishly paid by credit card which was unnecessary. Regardless the visit cost less than just a cleaning in San Francisco.

Cost: Examination 350 Ar.

Panoramic X-Rays 350 Ar.

Cleaning 770 Ar.

The Cleaning was done by a cute little female dentist and the exam was done by the head of the clinic. The dentist who appeared to be the boss spoke superb English and I believe he was US trained by his mannerisms. The clinic is completely digital and staff communicate with each other with walkie talkies, so there is no wasted time with the staff waiting around for instructions. If the dentist wanted something she merely used her voice pager and someone brought what she wanted.

The facility is so nice and efficient that I am going to have all my dental maintenance work done there and have my cleaning done every 60-75 days instead of the usual 90. I need to avoid any peridontal problems.

BTW: the clinic lists its pricing online. There were no changes at the office.

Paladin.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paladin For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Creideiki  [View Original Post]
    Are the fees for services substantially lower in BA than in the United States? I'm going to be in Argentina for a month, so I would have time to get some dental work done along with the more interesting things I have planned. Thanks in advance!
    Like most things here there are good dentists at good prices and then there are dentists (good and bad) that charge more then in N.Y. Or London. Check through these posts or ask one of the members.

Dental fees in Argentina

Are the fees for services substantially lower in BA than in the United States? I'm going to be in Argentina for a month, so I would have time to get some dental work done along with the more interesting things I have planned. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the feedback. Will post my experiences with the dentists.

Dental Dique in Puerto Madero. Google it. Superb professional good looking female dentist in the best neighborhood in town. Not to mention a really nice office in a posh building. Can't go wrong. As long as counting pennies isn't your m.o.

I used them when I was there. The receptionist spoke English.

DENTAL ARGENTINA.

Laprida 1621- Piso 2 B.

(C1425EKL). Ciudad de Buenos Aires.

+54 (11) 4828-0821.

Call FREE US & CANADA 1-888-784-9319.

www.dental-argentina.com

http://www.dental-argentina.com/

info@dental-argentina.com <mailto:info@dental-argentina.com.

dental.arg@gmail.com <mailto:dental.arg@gmail.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin  [View Original Post]
    Gentlemen: I need to see a dentist for a check-up and basic cleaning. English required. Does anyone have any info or experience with the above group. Good webpage and a member of the ADA.

Thanks,

Paladin.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to WorldTravel69 For This Post:

Dental DAS Group

Gentlemen: I need to see a dentist for a check-up and basic cleaning. English required. Does anyone have any info or experience with the above group. Good webpage and a member of the ADA.

Thanks,

Paladin.

UHC finally cut a check for my BA medical emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    I have already had to fill out claim forms twice. It seems that you send local claims to Salt Lake City and international claims to Atlanta. Of course, now I have two claims submitted for the same incident in the system. I expect the knock on the door and having to do the perp walk for fraud any day now.

One good thing though is that El Alamo advised me to get a physical exam at the Mayo Clinic. He thought it was the best place to go and has had some experience with it. It turns out that the Mayo Clinic is in my provider network so I will only have pay the added cost of getting the executive physical beyond what they would pay for the typical man in his 60's physical.
    UHC ended up reimbursing me $331.00. I had a $500 deductible and something called coinsurance which was another $82.84 they deducted off the bill. I think they calculated a different exchange rate then my credit card and of course a 3% Foreign Transaction fee showed up on the credit card bill at the end of the month. Also I had a $25 co-pay to get the stitches out in the USA.

Now let's see if the Allianz travel insurance will cover the $584. They seem to not like the Argentinian forms. They want the doctor to fill out their form.

As Dickhead predicted

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    I don't know about the Boss Man, but my international coverage is not merely emergency-only, but requires me to get everything translated at my own expense. Hope that doesn't happen to him.
    I have already had to fill out claim forms twice. It seems that you send local claims to Salt Lake City and international claims to Atlanta. Of course, now I have two claims submitted for the same incident in the system. I expect the knock on the door and having to do the perp walk for fraud any day now.

One good thing though is that El Alamo advised me to get a physical exam at the Mayo Clinic. He thought it was the best place to go and has had some experience with it. It turns out that the Mayo Clinic is in my provider network so I will only have pay the added cost of getting the executive physical beyond what they would pay for the typical man in his 60's physical.
    Last edited by Big Boss Man; 12-06-14 at 16:57. Reason: spelling error

Posting Limitations