Thread: Doctors & Dentists

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Maybe a good dentist

Went to Dr. Lee's office, 12 floor, Swiss Medical, for a check up. It's near Puerydon and Avenida Santa Fe.

Dr. Lee is rarely there but another dentist is there.

This dentist took X-Rays, told me what needed to be done, and wrote a prescription. As far as I can tell he was spot on.

I told him I was leaving town and wouldn't be back for about a month. Asked how much the visit cost.

He said nothing. Check back in when you are in town again.

Needless to say, this is my dentist when I am in Buenos Aires.

Plastic surgery

If anyone wants to buy his beloved chica a new pair for her birthday ---- or even for a TV if that's his thing. Or wants to get a little facial pick me up for himself, there is a new consultory opened in my neighborhood.

A senior Argie is the primary doctor and he works with a younger Spaniard by way of Montreal that speaks perfect English.

A local lady I know says they are the best, very professional, good people and their prices are competitive. She is a great advertisement for their skills at 45 looking 35 and hot!

Also, they do the medical tourism thing and serve Americans and Europeans who fly in to get worked on and they can handle the medical stuff, as well as the travel logistics.

PM me for a referral.

So far I don't need any work done myself. So far!

Burr removal

Anyone know of a good Proctologist in Buenos Aires that specializes in burr removal?

I happen to know of someone who is behaving like they have a serious "burr up their ass" and it is unbecoming of them.

Thanks!

Ask for the ambulatory clinic at aleman

You get a number and sit in a waiting room waiting for your number to come-up.

I got good service from the German Hospital and would recomend it.

A little more fancy and slightly more expensive is the Swiss Clinic--this place is really nice and english is common amongst the staff.

I have also used the swiss clinic--a few blocks from aleman-toward santa fee.

Swiss has the clinic enterances near the corner of Pueyrredon and Santa Fe on Pueyrredon. I went there with a problem. They asked if I wanted an english speaking doctor--I said the first available I speak spanish and after 5 minute wait, I got a doctor who gave me a very thorough examination and actually called my primary care doctor in Miami to discuss my situation with him. Top notch care--better than in the usa

Quote Originally Posted by JustGotBack
    For the last few months I've been having this dull pain in my chest. I think it's time I addressed it. Can someone recommend a English speaking doctor I can go to for a physical and chest x-ray?

I looked through the thread and many people go to Hospitals like the Aleman. I only associate going to hospitals for acute care. Are they different in Argentina and they will also do physicals? If so, is there a recommended English speaking one?
    Go to Hospital Aleman. You would have absolutely no issues if you speak no Spanish or have no insurance or if you have no appointment and if you are mildly or acutely ill.

They would take good care of you.

Hospital Aleman rocks!

Swiss Medical is also very good, if you need a choice. No problem with language at all.

Venues: 8
    Quote Originally Posted by JustGotBack
    For the last few months I've been having this dull pain in my chest. I think it's time I addressed it. Can someone recommend a English speaking doctor I can go to for a physical and chest x-ray?

I looked through the thread and many people go to Hospitals like the Aleman. I only associate going to hospitals for acute care. Are they different in Argentina and they will also do physicals? If so, is there a recommended English speaking one?
    There are both hospitals and clinics here, and I think the biggest difference in where to go for many locals is either what kind of insurance they have, or what place is closest (or cheapest)

Acute care is not a prerequisite for going to Hospital Aleman for non-insureds, which is where I went before I had insurance (purchased through Aleman) I would think that others are the same, but I don't know about Swiss Medical.

At HA, you might go to the emergency clinic, which just means it handles walk-ins. You can also make an appointment (which I recommend) and go to their lobby and wait there. The nice thing is that when you have an appointment, you won't wait as long; it's all really pretty efficient. You get a number after you pay the consulting fee (used to be 80 pesos, but I'm sure it's gone up in the last year and a half since I've had insurance) and just wait for the number to come up. Each specialty has its own set of numbers.

In my opinion, you will probably have a better chance of finding an English-speaking doctor at one of the hospitals. I'm not sure if you could call ahead and make a specific appointment with a doctor that speaks English, but if you try, when you call, just ask for someone who speaks English on the phone to help you through setting something up.

I personally don't know of any independent doctors who speak English, but every time I've been to HA most of the doctors I've spoken with speak at least some English.

Looking for a doctor recommendation for a physical.

Gallbladder Removal out to bid

Shopping prices for this procedure, anybody have any recommendations?

Thx for any feedback.

Lunico

Haircut

In Belgrano, 3 blocks from Juramento subte station, only 25 pesos. Wash and a good cut (according to my girlfriend)

I had a haircut and a beard trim the other day, in a hairdresser's on Cordoba. It cost me AR$50. The same place last year - in fact it was the very same rather effeminate barber - cost AR$30.

I don't mind the cost, but last year I was congratulating myself that it was a good deal cheaper than my local barber at home. Now it's actually marginally dearer.

Boffo Physical Therapist

I made my way to see this guy today. I was tired of the assembly line, Swiss Medical reimbursed, physical therapy I have been receiving. After only one session I can say this guy is a must see for anything ailing you in the muscle / skeleton department. A wizard. First session 120p.

http://www.capitalmasajes.com.ar/

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Bob
    Modern medical materials derived from stem cell research which is illegal in the usa and being developed in korea and used throught the modern world except the usa where power was held and shared with religious zelots who would love to put jackson in jail and discourage modern medical research? Jackson why would the usanot permitt my denist in the usa to use modern stem stem cell derived materials. Why would the usa not wish to be in front on this type of research and it's commercial applications?

I realize that you may have been making a glib joke, but some the decisions which the guys made to placate their religious power base are pretty off the wall I also hope that Obamah will give a lower priority to nancy pelosi and al sharpton's wish lists which may have equal intellectual weight to the banning of most federally funded stem cell reasearch---which is the law.
    My company is involved in stem cells. We do more work overseas than in the US for this very reason.

Right now the US is in a holding pattern, there is a 95% chance that Obama will reverse this silly embryonic stem cell law.

Meanwhile the South Koreans, French and especially the Taiwanese have a good 2-3 year head start on us. I have personally viewed some amazing research on kidney disease in Taipei.

One of my favorite sayings is that organized religion has killed more than any war, even while we are not in a war people are dieing because of what others believe.

While there are other stem cells that can be used, mainly bone marrow stem cells fighting leukemia, the real work has yet to begin in the US. Also some US scientists are moving to Europe to have better access to technology!

So now we have made a reverse H1-be visa!

Most pain pills need a script as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sham Bo
    If you are travelling in Argentina and find that you need prescription medicine, can a tourist get it?

Can a tourist go to a doctor and get prescribed heart disease pills, or sleeping tablets, or diabetic meds or antidepressants or hypertension medication?

Will a doctor treat you on your merits, or will he simply tell you to get back to your home country and talk to your own doctor.

This is very important information for a lot of guys here. They are in the age bracket where access to prescription drugs might be very important, and people DO get their stuff robbed at times.

So if you know, please share the info. You could save a life.
    Medicine for heart disease, hypertension, diabetes etc can be had over the counter. Sleeping pills or antidepressants can be more problematic but any doctor will fill out a prescription without too much (if any) fuss.

You can bring in 90 days worth of meds so you should never run out, however, many of these meds are available here without a script or you can go to any Dr. And get one after appropriate exam.

Don't ask me for a Dr., I use Swiss Med.

Posting Limitations