Thread: Airport Shuttle Buses

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Bus

This is still the cheapest way to get to the City.

http://www.tiendaleon.com/resultados/busqueda/bus/

Transportation EZE to BA

I travel from the midwest to BA 4-5 times a year. I have tried several ways to get from airport to my hotel or apartment. Taxis are expensive and your chances of getting screwed are 50/50. Try the bus. Walking out of the terminal first of all you get your first whiff of Argentine air and feel of Argentine weather. Walking to your left then right and then left again total walk time 3-4 min. You will see a bus booth. This is were you show were your destination is. Your ticket is 135 pesos. I am not sure but you may be able to use dollars. I can't remember cause I always have pesos. If this is your first time to BA ok your pretty much screwed. You need pesos to get to your hotel or apartment then taxi fare to Florida street to exchange your dollars. If this is not your first trip and you didn't save pesos. Shame on you. I see posts on this site were they would like to sell there extra pesos before departing. This is dumb, do the math.

Ok you take the bus to a city terminal and from there you are directed to a smaller van that takes you to your destination. I have used this service several times with no complaints. By the way the bus is called Tiendaleon bus.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HotRod11 For This Post:

Tienda Leon bus

Here is the brochure for the airport bus service. Runs every half-hour.

Price are as follow.

Airport to Airport is 90 pesos.

Airport to hotels is 95 pesos.

Airport to bus terminal is 85 pesos.

I had 100 pesos but my friend didn't. They accept credit cards.

The deal is if your hotel is in the area they service, they drop you off in front of your hotel.

For the areas look at the brochure.

The bus runs from terminal b at EZE airport and it goes to the bus terminal next to Retiro.

They make the announcement to stay on the bus if you going to the domestic terminal.

Once you arrive at the terminal and collect your baggage they start grouping you in vans for the hotel drop off.

I arrived at my hotel within 70 minutes of departing EZE airport.

Phone number is 0810-888-5366
    Web site www.tiendaleon.com.ar
    They say the buses are equipped with wi-fi but it didn't work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bus.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	28850Click image for larger version

Name:	bus2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	28851.
    Last edited by Mack Dad; 08-26-13 at 22:28. Reason: Typo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mack Dad For This Post:

Airport Shuttle Buses

If you plan to exchange dollars on the black market, change only enough at the official rate at EZE or an ATM (there are lots of ATMs in BA) to last you until you can get to a black market location. The Hotels and Restos usually give the official rate, or lower. Most of the black market locations are closed on weekends and holidays. Those few that are open usually give a lower rate on weekends and holidays. Argentina has many more holidays than the USA, Canada, and most European countries, so it would be wise to check the date you plan to arrive to see if it falls on one of the many Argentine holidays.

Tres3.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Exchange Rate

The ATMs are good, but the Exchange Rate at the Banks are really bad, as they are at all airports.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Pesos only, but you can change at the bank in the airport. They have two locations. There are also ATM's where you can get some pesos.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WorldTravel69 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario73  [View Original Post]
    Does anyone know if TL accepts US dollars at the EZE terminal?
    Pesos only, but you can change at the bank in the airport. They have two locations. There are also ATM's where you can get some pesos.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Manuel Tienda Leon

Does anyone know if TL accepts US dollars at the EZE terminal?

Used this recently

Price for the Manuel Tienda Leon shuttle bus service is now 75 pesos one way from Ezeiza airport to their terminal in Av Madero & San Martin not far from Retiro (same price going back). For an extra 10 pesos you can book a seat in a shared taxi (remis) from the terminal to your destination in Recoleta or centro. Buses run every half hour. You might have to wait 15 minutes at the terminal for the remis. You can buy a single 85 peso ticket covering the bus journey and the remis at their counter at the airport. They cover Aeroparque as well.

I've used this service every time I've come to BA over the years and would recommend, for those who are not in a hurry and don't mind using shared transport. Their counter is one of the very first things you see coming out of customs at Ezeiza in the screened off area before you hit the zoo of the arrivals hall. MTL are efficient and the buses are large with comfy reclining seats. I like these buses as I always get a good sleep on the way to the airport for a lunchtime flight out of BA, usually after an all nighter spending the last of my pesos on some chica and then packing. This trip I arrived at the terminal about a minute before the bus was due to leave, they rushed me through and made sure I got onto it.

Looking back at the thread, what surprises is not just the lack of recent updates (WT69 excepted) but the trouble guys took in the old days to put up valuable information. Even photos of how to find the stop. That kind of stuff made me want to be a part of AP when I found the site by complete accident searching for traveller information in 2010.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lucas90 For This Post:

Manuel Tienda León Bus

I can not believe nobody has posted since 2008.

I took this both ways, last year, from and to the airport.

Half the price of a taxi.

http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/home/em...sp?id_idioma=2

Saludos.

It seems like I remember getting asked for an excess baggage fee when we exceeded Aereolineas Argentinas' (then) limit 0f 2 X 70 pound bags plus carryon luggage per person. I don't believe it cost much. Their station in MarDel is on Moreno at Independencia. You can connect at several locations in BsAs, including the Tienda Leon kiosk to the right as you leave customs at Eziza.

Suerte,

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Rick
    Our family picks up the TL bus at EZE and go straight to MarDel. It is not as comfortable as the big busses, but, avoids the necessity of going to the Retiro bus station. It's a 5-hr ride. Not bad.
    And certainly beats going to Aeroparque to take a flight which you never know is going to be cancelled or not.

What's the deal with luggage - limits and so on?

MTL is excellent for going to Mar del Plata

Our family picks up the TL bus at EZE and go straight to MarDel. It is not as comfortable as the big busses, but avoids the necessity of going to the Retiro bus station. It's a 5-hr ride. Not bad.

Manuel Tienda León bus

At EZE airport, inside, as you exit the greeting area on your left is a Manuel Tienda office. I approached and showed the nice lady where I wanted to go. She asked me if I wanted a private car for 130 pesos. I politely declined and asked for a bus ticket. She went to the computer, made me a ticket for 45 pesos. I asked how far away was the bus stop. She gave me a map. I took a picture looking back from the terminal. This is how far you have to walk once you meet the main road and turn left. It isn't a long way, just be aware if you are carrying alot of luggage.

Note, this ticket has two stubs on it. One is for the main bus at the airport.

Followed the map and found the bus stop. The man in the booth took one stub and five minutes later the bus showed up. 45 minute ride through town, mid day traffic. Landed at the terminal and the attendant took the 2nd stub and the crew looked at where everyone was going and directed us to the small vans. 10 minutes later, I was dropped off at the apartment door on tucuman.

Jes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bus sign.jpg‎   bus with sign.jpg‎   looking back from bus station.jpg‎  

Taxi Ezeiza was 88 pesos from the airport to recoleta

This was on may 29th.

I used the Manuel Tienda León bus last week. $64 round trip EZE to Madero Bus Terminal (I walked to my apartment which is only a few blocks away). The outbound ride with hardly any traffic took exactly 40 minutes. The return ride with the evening 6:00 pm traffic took 30 minutes just to get on the autopista. But once there the entire trip took one hour. Here are couple of pictures of the Madero Bus Terminal and the bus. Sorry, I couldn't snap a good front angle view of the building because of the traffic. But you can't miss it after you pass the Sheraton Hotel & Convention Center on the right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Terminal Madero.JPG‎   Bus.JPG‎  

Posting Limitations