Thread: Airport Shuttle Buses

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Red sign

Yes, the Tienda shuttle stop is kinda hard to find. I asked a few people, including officials, and even they didn't know.

Another user has given directions below. For further identification, there is a small but VERY red sign at the bus stop. (Twenty years ago they would probably have arrested the sign for being communist! You can see it from a distance. Head toward it!

Yeah, it runs on Sundays. Their website has the schedule. Just google "Manuel Tienda León Buenos Aires" or some such. There is a ticket office inside too, just to the left as you walk out of customs.

When you leave the customs, you go through the meeting point, go out and walk straight to the very end. Turn left towards terminal B and you'll find the bus stop almost in front of the entrance to the terminal B

I couldn't tell from the website -- I assume it runs on Sundays, and where does one catch it upon exiting customs?

Thanks

Current rate

On Wednesday I paid 38 pesos for the shuttle trip from EZE to my apartment. The comfortable shuttle takes you to the Manuel Tienda depot near San Martin Square. From there a small van or taxi will take you to your location. I went to an apartment, another person in the van went to the Retiro bus station.

Don't lose your ticket! It has a second piece that the depot at San Martin needs.

By comparison, Tienda wanted 115 pesos for a remise, and the cheapest taxi fare was 80 pesos. For one person, the shuttle is the way to go.

Will this shuttle service only take you to a hotel?

Is there a comparable service for those of us staying in private apartments?

Or would it be a case of hopping into a taxi once you get downtown (in which case it might not be much cheaper than getting one directly at the airport)

I am not sure if they move at the city, but when I was there last week, their bus station is located at Madero and San Martin in the downtown centro area. The cost was $28 peso to from EZE to my hotel. Basically, you buy the ticket at the airport and ride the bus to their bus station at Madero / San Martin (centro) and from there, they will put you in a mini van to your final destination (hotel)

And I only paid $25 peso to go to the airport, they won't pick you up, you have to take a taxi or some other transportation to get to their station at Madero / San Martin.

As somebody mention, it is realible, every 30 minutes.

I had to take a trip to ADUANA at EZE to pickup a package from FedEx and the option of a 2 hour ride on the 86 Colectivo or take the 45min Manuel Tienda Leon bus (the aformentioned shuttle)

Knowing I'd have to spend at least an hour (90 minutes) dealing with an Argentine gov't agency I figured the MTL would be a much more resonable choice. And it was.

VNY

Thumbs up Bus from EZE to BA center

I arrived on the 6 of Sept. And tried the bus from the airport to my hotel. Since it was early I fiqure I would give it a shot. I was surprise, it was comfortable, clean, a / c and seat reclined. It cost about 8.50 usd. The stop in Buenos Aires was behind the Sheraton Hotel, where you switch over to van which takes you the rest off the way. It took maybe 10 mins more then a cab. It leaves every half hour from the airport, good deal!

Site Info

This site will not work in Microsoft Explorer try Netscape.

Quote Originally Posted by One Tree Hill

Bus

I've taken the Manuel Tienda Leon bus from the airport a few times, and found it very reliable and modern. They leave every half hour.

They charge approx. 28 pesos round trip. They have a bus station in the retiro area that they take you to then you're transferred to vans and taken to your hotel.

But, they don't pick you up at your hotel on the return trip, you have to get to the station on your own.

bayboy

Administrator

Venues: 398

Airport Shuttle Buses

Thread Starter.

Posting Limitations