Thread: Clubs and Boliches - General Info

+ Submit Report
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

So what's left?

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    That closure really surprises me. A lot of well connected Argentine men went there for many years.

Tres3.
    So what's left?

As of Saturday night just Nuevo Estilo and Ness? Is that it? Only two boliches in all of BA?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesBond69 For This Post:

Surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxuk  [View Original Post]
    Also now closed. Embossed with the standard sign.
    That closure really surprises me. A lot of well connected Argentine men went there for many years.

Tres3.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Cutty sark

Also now closed. Embossed with the standard sign.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond69  [View Original Post]
    Indeed It is a sad state of affairs and not only for the mongers. For hundreds - if not thousands - of single mothers working the clubs this was their sole source of income during a severe recession.
    Again we have a difference of opinion about a "sole source of income" and about a "recession." The problem I have with this point of view is that I personally know five chicas who used to work in Hook, Ness, etc. and then went back to school or got job training and no longer have this purported or alleged "sole" source of income. And, this has held true through at least one full economic cycle. I disagree completely that in a fairly well developed country such as Argentina, that prostitution ever was or ever will be the "sole source of income" for anyone. It is just often the most expedient one. My perspective comes from having lived in several Latin American countries that are much less developed than Argentina, and seeing how much lower the percentage is of women who turn to prostitution at the bottom of the business cycle.

This leads me to the ineluctable conclusion that a lot of these chicas are just plain lazy, because of these five women I know:

#1 dropped out of seventh grade and after I met her she went back to school at night for several years, graduated from high school, and has been working factory-type blue collar jobs ever since. #2 dropped out of seventh grade, went back to school at night, graduated from what I guess is junior high school, and then went to culinary school, and has worked various low-level jobs ever since. #3 almost made it through high school, went to barber school, and after I met her opened up her own barber shop. She worked pretty hard at that but the business failed during a down economic cycle, so she went back to school, got a security guard license, did firearms training and etc. And worked in factories, as a security guard, and now is happily married and works part-time in a barber shop. #4 is from Paraguay and is only marginally literate but saved up money, bought a car, and is a remisera in Zona Oeste. She drives during the day and rents out her car at night #5 is from Per, where wages are even lower than here. She graduated from high school and had some college before coming to BA to sell pussy at Exedra. She learned some English and already knew some French from school. She became a mistress instead of a hooker for a while, saved up money, bought a car but did not know how to drive so rented it out, did that for a while, then bought an apartment in Per and rented that out, bought another and etc. And now is doing quite well as a slum lord of sorts.

It is certainly posible that one or more of these friends of mine continued to sell pussy at times during the process, but they all developed other alternatives. For those who don't know, it is free to go to school at night and every suck ass provincia has a place to do it.

So, it is not a question of having a "sole source of income"; rather, it is all about choices and consequences.

Sad to see the scene going down.

Quote Originally Posted by RobBarone  [View Original Post]
    Thanks man.

Still going for the family but It's sad to see the scene going down.
    Indeed It is a sad state of affairs and not only for the mongers. For hundreds - if not thousands - of single mothers working the clubs this was their sole source of income during a severe recession.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesBond69 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    Basically, if a significant part of your motivation for coming here was to go the clubs, you should cancel your trip.
    Thanks man.

Still going for the family but It's sad to see the scene going down.

Quote Originally Posted by RobBarone  [View Original Post]
    Really?

Where the heck do I go now?

Evrything is close?
    Ill get there in 3 weeks and all is gone?
    Basically, if a significant part of your motivation for coming here was to go the clubs, you should cancel your trip.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Really?

Where the heck do I go now?

Evrything is close?
    Ill get there in 3 weeks and all is gone?

Hook etc

Hook was closed...

Ness was awaiting it's execution.

Cafe X was busy of sorts but not as busy as the beginning of the week.

Cafe O was completely dead.

As was CS.

Hook was closed last night with the official "closed" strip on the door.

Ness was open, but the old head bartender was standing outside looking like he was awaiting the axe.

I said it before and I'll say it again

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    This is true. But with the elections coming, if the FPV loses control..!
    Hope springs eternal in the human penis.

Seems to me Nuevo is even more illegal than the rest because of the tying arrangement with the hotel. But those guys are pretty seriously mobbed up.

Will Out of the Way Boliches Survive ??

Quote Originally Posted by ElPerro  [View Original Post]
    I was hoping the boliches on the other side of Avenida de Julio would be spared, but I'm losing faith.

Soon, for kicks, I'm going to check out La Casa Blanca in San Telmo. I wonder if the anti-boliche/gato squad will be targeting out of the way places.
    I'm curious also about Estilo Nuevo in Belgrano? I wonder if that's next on the list to get shut down?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond69  [View Original Post]
    You're probably right. It was just a matter of time the triangle would go next after Recoleta. I'll drop by Hook tonight - IF it's open and report back if it's not.
    I was hoping the boliches on the other side of Avenida de Julio would be spared, but I'm losing faith.

Soon, for kicks, I'm going to check out La Casa Blanca in San Telmo. I wonder if the anti-boliche/gato squad will be targeting out of the way places.

Last roundup at Hook?

Quote Originally Posted by ElPerro  [View Original Post]
    Got a report from a friend that the coppers were at Hook last night after 2AM.

FYI, Sens is closed for what that's worth.

Looks like last roundup.
    You're probably right. It was just a matter of time the triangle would go next after Recoleta. I'll drop by Hook tonight - IF it's open and report back if it's not.

Posting Limitations