Thread: Clubs and Boliches - General Info

+ Submit Report
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Basically nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxuk  [View Original Post]
    It can't be that bad... I need an up to date list by the sounds of it though... So what's left in recoleta?

M.
    Seriously, it has declined to 0!

NP is like the guys say, all the ex Black girls has been there and all girls now want a minimum of 2000p, most more. The place is nothing like it was only a few months ago, clip joint sounds about right!

The only place left around the cemetery is NP and second floor on Pagana (or whatever they call it now), where many of the ex Hippo girls hang out, but it sucks, and what used to be called Hella is open, but it is worse than it used to be when it was bad!

Hook has also declined terrible lately.

Toretto has reopened in Palermo, was there a few days ago and would not go back (Uriartes and Salvador), it is called something else but the same doorman and bartenders, but hardly any girls, and they want 200p for drinks to get in..

I have been told that Nuevo Estile is still good, but haven been there for some time.

As a Boliche town BA is definitive over (or on hold), sad really.

Stranger.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stranger For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ElPerro  [View Original Post]
    Checkers has been closed for years. Black is closed. Madahos is closed. Cattos is closed. Hook and Ness are still open, though Hook is not the semi-relaxed place it used to be and seems on the road to New Port status as far as prices and service. Not that you'll have a bad experience every time. BA is not the wonderful boliche experience it once was. I'd recommend what's left of the Triangle.

Periplo is still open as far as I know but doesn't get a lot of press.

Hang out at Exedra and get some advise from mongers when you get in town. Hit up TL for some info as well.
    It can't be that bad... I need an up to date list by the sounds of it though... So what's left in Recoleta?

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxuk  [View Original Post]
    So where would you go if not Newport? Periplo? Black's I found disappointing last time I was here, admittedly 4 years ago, as was Madahos. When people say upmarket I would have thought a rise in quality and dress sense of the ladies... Alas not for blacks ... I do like the atmosphere of Newport.

Is checkers now closed?
    Checkers has been closed for years. Black is closed. Madahos is closed. Cattos is closed. Hook and Ness are still open, though Hook is not the semi-relaxed place it used to be and seems on the road to New Port status as far as prices and service. Not that you'll have a bad experience every time. BA is not the wonderful boliche experience it once was. I'd recommend what's left of the Triangle.

Periplo is still open as far as I know but doesn't get a lot of press.

Hang out at Exedra and get some advice from mongers when you get in town. Hit up TL for some info as well.

So where would you go if not Newport? Periplo? Black's I found disappointing last time I was here, admittedly 4 years ago, as was Madahos. When people say upmarket I would have thought a rise in quality and dress sense of the ladies... Alas not for Blacks. I do like the atmosphere of Newport.

Is Checkers now closed?

Newport is a joke!

Whenever, I have been there in last 1 year ( last trip about 1 month ago), I have simply been disappointed.

The girls do act as if they are doing you a favor!

They quote obscene prices. Usually refuse to go to yr place. BBBJ is a strict no.DFK could be 50/50.

Who the hell wants to pay 2000 or 3000 pesos + telo for a 30 minute quickie? Some regular posters claim to have had great experiences in recent times? Anything is possible. Who am I to question anyone's experience. But i live in this city, I monger here and I am relaying, what I have personally experienced, first hand, here.

But different strokes for different folks.

I would not suggest this place to any newbie monger unless you got dollars to burn.

Yes, they do try to force the damn drink as soon as you enter the place. Sign of a desperate place.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

Lol

As far as the " other poster " claiming he " knows " people who pulled girls out of there " month's " ago for 100 USD. Guess what? I was one of those. But on this latest trip as of 10 days ago. The same girls who were asking 1500 and would go for 1000 are now asking 3000 and they might go down to 2000 and that's for a quickie and they act like they are doing you a favor.

As far as pushing drinks on customers. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I've been there a few times and that's never happened before. Never. You can tell they aren't doing so well. The place is a tourist trap plain and simple. If you don't like my assessment cry me a river.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Newport hasn't changed their model, but you're way off on those prices bubba. Most of those chicks are asking for 2000 plus now with lots at the 3000 range.

You will find some older chicks that will still boogie for the 1200 range, but they are a minority.

I wouldn't characterize the bar as an overpriced clip joint, I would characterize the majority of providers there as overpriced with a bad work ethic.

I admit my info is about two months out of date because that was when I just got completely disgusted with the place and stopped going.
    Newport was and is a hit or miss YMMV place. Back in 2005 I remember some of the girls throwing out ridiculous $200 USD starting prices and the quality in those days was significantly worse than what I have seen the past few months. Several associates of mine have pulled high quality girls out of there within the past few months for $100 USD; obviously YMMV based on negotiating skills, appearance, language ability, etc etc. Obviously, it makes no difference to me whether anyone on this forum likes or goes to Newport, but dismissing the places as a clip joint of zero utility is simply an inaccurate characterization and does nothing to help anybody get laid.

As far as the other poster complaining about the wait staff asking you to buy a drink: why would any cafe/bar/restaurant want any customer to take up space in their establishment if they have no intention of buying anything?

Newport

I was there just recently. The girls weren't very good looking. They all, even the ones that weren't very good looking, were all asking 3000 ala madahos and Black. Not only that, the doorman came in, and pressured me to buy a drink, or leave. There weren't many clients there and it looks like they are really desperately pushing the drinks. Just like a clip joint. Its my personal observation. Tough cookies if some fanboys disagree but I just call it like I see it. An over priced clip joint where the girls, who aren't that good looking, think they can charge Madahos prices even though the place is at best Sodoma. And they look desperate to sell beers. So much so that they practically pushed a cheap beer on me. Didnt have 70% of the beers on the Carta.Quilmes and Stella only. Those that keep singing its praises must be real gluttons for punishment.

The place is a total waste of time and money. Unless you're a tourist or simply can't find any way to get laid other than paying 200-300 Dollars a pop. It's all yours bro.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BadMan For This Post:

Yes and no

Quote Originally Posted by ElAlamoPalermo  [View Original Post]
    This is not accurate. Newport continues to function the same as it always has (drinks price same for all, no entrance fee, no exit fee, girls are freelancers, etc). The average age of the inventory has dropped about 10-15 years from its historical norm. The girls will still go out for the same more or less $100 USD as it has cost since at least 2005.
    Newport hasn't changed their model, but you're way off on those prices bubba. Most of those chicks are asking for 2000 plus now with lots at the 3000 range.

You will find some older chicks that will still boogie for the 1200 range, but they are a minority.

I wouldn't characterize the bar as an overpriced clip joint, I would characterize the majority of providers there as overpriced with a bad work ethic.

I admit my info is about two months out of date because that was when I just got completely disgusted with the place and stopped going.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BadMan  [View Original Post]
    Newport has turned into an overpriced clip joint. They think they're the new Madahos or something. Id suggest skipping that place.
    This is not accurate. Newport continues to function the same as it always has (drinks price same for all, no entrance fee, no exit fee, girls are freelancers, etc). The average age of the inventory has dropped about 10-15 years from its historical norm. The girls will still go out for the same more or less $100 USD as it has cost since at least 2005.

Newport has turned into an overpriced clip joint. They think they're the new Madahos or something. Id suggest skipping that place.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BadMan For This Post:

Recommendations

Hey Guys.

I hope to see you all soon...

Just checking ... Which are the best bars/houses these days? I really liked New Port as well as Periplo. Any other recommendations as I tend to like the older woman.

More soon.

Max.

Well then.

Maybe all the girls should apply for visas to visit the AP house.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wild Walleye For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Cristina wants these places closed. Cristina makes her own laws. She has her own people to carry out her wishes. Out here in the boonies my favorite "boliche" was closed by the PREFECTURA because the local police and government said they were not braking any laws and would not close it, but the feds wanted it closed and they closed it. There are no longer ANY "boliches" around that I know of around here.
    I am fully aware, as both you and TL iterate, that all sorts of crazy extra-judicial activity goes on in Argentina. That being said, the current anti-prostituion crusade is being waged by the GCBA (NOT the feds) and spearheaded by the deputy mayor, who is a women and often personally goes on these raids. I can assure you from experience that there is due process in Argentina and it tends to drag on and on; Black was a perfect example of due process in action, as they were able to survive an extra year and a half after Madahos bit the dust because they were able to obtain an court injunction suspending the GCBA's administrative decision to revoke their habilitation. New Port, Exedra, Orleans, Cafe Iberia, and to a lesser extent Cocodrilo do not operate outside the GCBA's rules and regulations and the GCBA will not be able to be permanently them shut down on a whim simply because the majority of their female customers happen to rent their pussies for a living.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ElAlamoPalermo For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ElAlamoPalermo  [View Original Post]
    I am pretty well versed in GCBA rules and regulations and I see no way for the GCBA to strip New Port of their habilitation. All you have there is a bar with live music; they have a class "C" license which allows high occupancy (1 person per square meter) and live music. There are no entrance fees or exit fees, the drink prices are the same for everybody, and the girls have to keep their coats and bags in a pile behind the staircase as the establishment does nothing to accommodate them. There is no pole dancing, stripping, etc. As long as the management follows all normal operational rules and regulations (fire extinguishers, evacuation plan, employees with libreta sanitarias, reasonable sanitary conditions, etc) there is nothing the GCBA can do to put New Port out of business.
    Cristina wants these places closed. Cristina makes her own laws. She has her own people to carry out her wishes. Out here in the boonies my favorite "boliche" was closed by the PREFECTURA because the local police and government said they were not braking any laws and would not close it, but the feds wanted it closed and they closed it. There are no longer ANY "boliches" around that I know of around here.

Posting Limitations