Thread: Clubs and Boliches - General Info

+ Submit Report
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

New Port

Quote Originally Posted by ElAlamoPalermo  [View Original Post]
    I am pretty well versed in GCBA rules and regulations and I see no way for the GCBA to strip New Port of their habilitation. All you have there is a bar with live music; they have a class "C" license which allows high occupancy (1 person per square meter) and live music. There are no entrance fees or exit fees, the drink prices are the same for everybody, and the girls have to keep their coats and bags in a pile behind the staircase as the establishment does nothing to accommodate them. There is no pole dancing, stripping, etc. As long as the management follows all normal operational rules and regulations (fire extinguishers, evacuation plan, employees with libreta sanitarias, reasonable sanitary conditions, etc) there is nothing the GCBA can do to put New Port out of business.
    One of the employees mentioned that the place was Probably going to close.

That was about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

The only thing that I was told was that it had become increasingly difficult to stay open and conduct business as usual.

Unfortunately I did not ask any specific questions except what that person was going to do next. After the place shuts down.

The employee told me that people had approached and discussed opening something else, together with that employee.

If a Special Prosecutor with multiple bodyguards can be assassinated hours before he testifies against the President then a lowly Dive can be put out of Biz.

Legal or not.

I hope it stays open.

TL.

I am pretty well versed in GCBA rules and regulations and I see no way for the GCBA to strip New Port of their habilitation. All you have there is a bar with live music; they have a class "C" license which allows high occupancy (1 person per square meter) and live music. There are no entrance fees or exit fees, the drink prices are the same for everybody, and the girls have to keep their coats and bags in a pile behind the staircase as the establishment does nothing to accommodate them. There is no pole dancing, stripping, etc. As long as the management follows all normal operational rules and regulations (fire extinguishers, evacuation plan, employees with libreta sanitarias, reasonable sanitary conditions, etc) there is nothing the GCBA can do to put New Port out of business.
    They have a room at the top of the stairs but I don't think they use it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]

New Port is Also slated to close.

TL.

Hard to imagine a Real Super Chica dropping her drawers from 300 Bucks to 60
    Not if I said it happened it's not. She looks a lot like a young Angelina Jolie.

That will leave Hippo and nothing else in Recoleta.
    Where is this coming from? How would they close them? For letting hookers buy the same drink I can? I know the law is secondary in this country when it comes to closing places, but they generally have to prove something to keep them closed.

It's the people that are making their living on the proceeds of chicas that need to be worried, guys demanding commissions, people telling them when they have to work, when they have to come back. That kind of shit.

How is paying for an extra hour at a PV or from an Indy (that isn't a PV even though you keep lumping them together) any different than having to buy a second 250 peso drink at Hook and then pay the chick for the extra time?

Don't get me wrong, I like Hook and hope it stays open. I like checking out the chicks dancing. If they are successful at closing other clubs downtown maybe they will be smart enough to modify their business model. If not I'm sure Moni and Gabi will be happy to welcome new talent.

NP Going Away Too

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    And where do you think they will go? When Hook closes will all of those chicks live on their investments?

Why do you constantly insist that all privados are sperm banks with the exception of those two older chicks you always endorse? There is a ton of anecdotal evidence on this forum that disproves that thesis. Why just last week I fucked a chick that used to work at Black and now works as an indy for 800 pesos.

The closing of the clubs that count on being able to overcharge the uninformed monger as their business model are coming to a close. The only people that will lose from that are club owners charging 800 pesos for a chica drink, chicas that think 300 dollars is a good price for 40 minutes of work, and people that parasitically live off of that business model. It's incredible fucking news for guys who are trying to get their dicks sucked. Look for a rise in clubs like NP and 977 Marcelo T.
    I hope that there Will be a rise in clubs like NP and 977 Marcelo T but a lot of guys like the atmosphere that a place like Hook provides.

Semi nude dancers all over the place. Almost a Tiddy Bar feel to it.

Actually 977 has Dancers now.

Privados are 1 Hour and 1 Hour Only. Unless you pay for extra hours.

And forget about being first in line or first that day.

Hard to imagine a Real Super Chica dropping her drawers from 300 Bucks to 60 .

I agree, fuck the bar owners.

Your wish may come true.

That will leave Hippo and nothing else in Recoleta.

D ' Lirio upstairs if they like you.

For now.

Any others over there that I'm forgetting ?

Must be forgetful .

I guess a Private Members Only club is starting to sound really good.

There will be Membership Dues though.

A glorified Privado with monthly dues.

I like that.

Keeps the rif-raf out.

I sure hope that things improve with age.

TL.

Where do you think they will go

We should be careful what we wish for because

Although we don't like it When every bar and club is out of business because they can not pay rent and stay open the time will come when Guys will long to be able to pay for a Chica drink.

When the Only options will be the old hags at X and the Privado Sperm Banks guys will be thrilled to spend 250 p for a Chicas drink.

Can a Chica Bar make enough money to stay in Biz by charging the same amount for the girl's drinks as for the male's?

I think so. NP does. 977 Marcelo T. Does.

Nobody will bother Hook because there are no wealthy or influential neighbors in it's vicinity.

Hookers in Palermo sounds like it may work too.

Time will tell.

TL.
    And where do you think they will go? When Hook closes will all of those chicks live on their investments?

Why do you constantly insist that all privados are sperm banks with the exception of those two older chicks you always endorse? There is a ton of anecdotal evidence on this forum that disproves that thesis. Why just last week I fucked a chick that used to work at Black and now works as an indy for 800 pesos.

The closing of the clubs that count on being able to overcharge the uninformed monger as their business model are coming to a close. The only people that will lose from that are club owners charging 800 pesos for a chica drink, chicas that think 300 dollars is a good price for 40 minutes of work, and people that parasitically live off of that business model. It's incredible fucking news for guys who are trying to get their dicks sucked. Look for a rise in clubs like NP and 977 Marcelo T.

Chica Bars

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Looking forward to the day I don't have to pay for a chica drink at Hook. Loving it.

Though not for the overall bullshit that other non hooker clubs have to go through.
    We should be careful what we wish for because

Although we don't like it When every bar and club is out of business because they can not pay rent and stay open the time will come when Guys will long to be able to pay for a Chica drink.

When the Only options will be the old hags at X and the Privado Sperm Banks guys will be thrilled to spend 250 p for a Chicas drink.

Can a Chica Bar make enough money to stay in Biz by charging the same amount for the girl's drinks as for the male's?

I think so. NP does. 977 Marcelo T. Does.

Nobody will bother Hook because there are no wealthy or influential neighbors in it's vicinity.

Hookers in Palermo sounds like it may work too.

Time will tell.

TL.

Three cheers

It's basically over for the chica bar business model that has been in place for at least the entire ten years I have been in Buenos Aires. The GCBA has decided the business model is illegal and has made a concerted effort to go after these places until they are no longer able to operate. The "business model" I am referring to is the practice of charging price-diferenciated "chica drinks", exercising control / schedules, providing lockers, etc etc. What is left are places like Newport and Cocodrilo which are essentially freelancers (Cocodrilo not longer charges price differentiated drinks for chicas, no chica drink / exit fees, etc) that the establishment has no control over and no liability over any negotiations that may or may not take place on their premises. The advent of technology (smart phones, high speed internet, cross referencing information on-line in real time) and the rise of anti prostitution and anti nightclub NGO's (Alameda and the Cromagnon victim's relatives group) have made it progressively more difficult for all genres of nightlife to operate outside the GCBA's rules and regulations.
    Looking forward to the day I don't have to pay for a chica drink at Hook. Loving it.

Though not for the overall bullshit that other non hooker clubs have to go through.

The city government's campaign against boliches

It's basically over for the chica bar business model that has been in place for at least the entire ten years I have been in Buenos Aires. The GCBA has decided the business model is illegal and has made a concerted effort to go after these places until they are no longer able to operate. The "business model" I am referring to is the practice of charging price-diferenciated "chica drinks", exercising control / schedules, providing lockers, etc etc. What is left are places like Newport and Cocodrilo which are essentially freelancers (Cocodrilo not longer charges price differentiated drinks for chicas, no chica drink / exit fees, etc) that the establishment has no control over and no liability over any negotiations that may or may not take place on their premises. The advent of technology (smart phones, high speed internet, cross referencing information on-line in real time) and the rise of anti prostitution and anti nightclub NGO's (Alameda and the Cromagnon victim's relatives group) have made it progressively more difficult for all genres of nightlife to operate outside the GCBA's rules and regulations.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElAlamoPalermo For This Post:

Hella's Was a Total Rip-Off

Quote Originally Posted by Vitrea  [View Original Post]
    Thank you. Sounds like it. I have not been there but will check it out this coming week.
    Notoriously Infamous Rip-Off Bar !

A Tiger can't change it's stripes !

Has always been on the "Avoid" list but maybe they have changed their Argie Business Model .

Monger Beware ,

TL.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    I guess you mean this place?

Toreto, (ex-Brut).

Vicente Lpez 2257. Prices: Cover 150p includes 2 drinks. Hours: until 8 am.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...p?8501-Malaka-(formerly-known-as-Hellas).

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...php?6158-Brut&
    Thank you. Sounds like it. I have not been there but will check it out this coming week.

Look on the Map

I guess you mean this place?

Toreto, (ex-Brut).

Vicente López 2257. Prices: Cover 150p includes 2 drinks. Hours: until 8 am.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...p?8501-Malaka-(formerly-known-as-Hellas).

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...php?6158-Brut&

Is there a new club called Torrito? (spelling?). Not tributo, as I know of that dump in Microcenter. I was at Newport close to it's closing time and I saw some girls getting ready to leave. I ask them why they are leaving so soon, a half assed attempt at a joke. I was expecting them to say, "home". But they said they are going to a club called Torrito. I told them I never heard of it (pretending to be a BA expert). They pointed to Vincente Lopez and said one or two blocks to the left and they were going to walk to it. They said it is open lot later and one of them said that if I want to take them, I should do it now because the "Torrito" has cover! I did not have energy so I did not go into details but might check out another day, literally, as it was close to 4 am.

Is there a new club called Torrito? (spelling?). Not tributo, as I know of that dump in Microcenter. I was at Newport close to it's closing time and I saw some girls getting ready to leave. I ask them why they are leaving so soon, a half assed attempt at a joke. I was expecting them to say, "home". But they said they are going to a club called Torrito. I told them I never heard of it (pretending to be a BA expert). They pointed to Vincente Lopez and said one or two blocks to the left and they were going to walk to it. They said it is open lot later and one of them said that if I want to take them, I should do it now because the "Torrito" has cover! I did not have energy so I did not go into details but might check out another day, literally, as it was close to 4 am.
    $150 peso cover gets you two drinks. I think the chica drinks are $250. This place doesn't really get rolling until 4AM.

This place has a history of ripping off unsuspecting tourists and can be dangerous. If you don't speak Spanish or act the tourist beware. I go there from time to time with a porteno buddy.

Some heavy hitter Boca barra brava boys often show up on Thursdays . Avoid that situation.

Torrito

Romina. <3 <3 <3

A photo of me, to know me, reference can. Searched and will be very good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails romi tapandose.jpg‎  

Posting Limitations