Thread: Clubs and Boliches - General Info

+ Submit Report
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by OslersVoice
    What is the customary tip for a bartender and for the doorman at the clubs?
    Just a few pesos will do. If a doorman helps with a cab perhaps 3-5 pesos.

As for bartenders, just round up your tab a bit. 17 pesos tab. Round up to 20 pesos etc.

Keep in mind some do not tip at all. Others tip as if in USA.

Tips for Bartender and Doorman

What is the customary tip for a bartender and for the doorman at the clubs?

Hi OslersVoice,

If you leave with a chica: 5 pesos.

If you leave alone: Nothing

Some of them will ask for a tip when you leave alone, but I just tell them I pay a tip when I leave with a chica. Period.

They know the custom, they're just banking of the fact that you don't.

Thanks,

Jackson

Scary moment in Athos!

I have been traveling and staying in BsAs for a couple of years on a regular basis. Although I like to think I am relatively savvy, I had an interesting thing happen last week. About 11 p. M. I wandered into Athos. I had never been there before, and was just looking for a place to have a beer. I actually thought it was a "local" bar as opposed to a "chica" bar.

Well if there is a place that "chicas" go long after they should have hung up the "clear heels" and g-strings then I think I found it. I ordered a beer before I realized where / what I was in and wasn't going to "waste" it, but maybe I should have.

There were a couple of scary sights in there, plus some barracho porteno trying to bust my pelotas.

The bar tender was pleasant and said she used to work at Salome'.

The funniest thing was as I walked out there was a chica (working type) in a short pink school girl skirt, above the knee pink tights, and platforms, "working" on Purreydon. Other than being about 10 kgs. Overweight with clown make-up on, she was not bad (TIC)

She didn't have to wait long as some guy stopped his taxi and picked her up (I assume it was a her) I laughed until I almost cried, I can imagine that conversation. " Cabbie, stop a minute while I try to negotiate with this "chica"! It was just another night in the big city.

Chau!
    Last edited by Sky Ryder; 08-23-05 at 22:12. Reason: Fat fingers

First of all your list is amazing. Is without doubt a complete information Only to update some names, allowed me introduce some commets.

Microcenter Clubs.

Poker (ex Alexis) Cerrito & Santa Fe.

Boycott (it is closed) Marcelo T. De Alvear 965 at C. Pellegrini.

Jaz (ex Bridge) Reconquista & Paraguay.

Ka Club (ex Pussy Club ex Snob) Cordoba 937 Street Address.

Recoleta Clubs.

Rouge (ex Brut) See Vicente Lopez 2233

Athos Pub (ex Checkers Pub) Pueyrredon & Guido 4804-4168 / 4807-6055

What's Up (ex Closer) See Guido 1963

Buenos Secrets Azcuenaga and Vicente Lopez corner.

Barrio Norte Clubs.

Nectar (ex Miami Gold, ex Hackers) Anchorena & Paraguay.

Regards

@geo.

I met her yesterday.

Indeed, she is increible! Hot, hot, hot!

And guess what: she gave me all the plata back and gave me a tip too!

Didn't find a smiley.

what was that

She fucked you and she payed you, ha ha; ha.

For what? For being you, ha haa, we are getting a big laugh.

Here in miami, thanks for a good laugh, we can only imagine what.

Kind of fuck you got.

Bye DICK

Oh yeah, I was with her and she was awesome. She ended up paying me every time I fucked her. And I only go out with the very very very hottest girls.

amadies

I am wondering about a lady out there in one of the boliches,

I have a friend who met her in Madohos, he has said that this is.

One of the most hottes girls that he met that includeds SOLID GOLD, and SHAMPOO he spent two weeks in the recoletta, also she was so hot hot hot, and this guy only goes out with super good looking girls, he even told me that the this girl did not charge him on the last night, if any body is outthere that has ever been with this girl, please please please let me know if she is as hot as my boddy tells me. Give me the scoope on her.

Easter weekend

I am arriving in BA on Good Friday, and am curious what the clubs will be like over the holiday weekend? Also, does the city get quiet over the Easter holiday weekend (shops & restaurants)?

Many thanks.

Disco fire

The main reason it did not make the news the way it otherwise would have, is that it happened 2 days after the Tsunami.

Close to 200 people, mainly youngsters were killed when the interior of a dance club cought fire, and all the emergency exits had been locked to prevent people to get in unpaid. It also prevented them to get out of this trap.

Club openings

There was an article in Clarin on Monday with information on the club re-openings. This has been a white hot topic in BsAs ever since the fire with major government introspection, charges of irresponsibility at the level of the mayor, arrests, marches of protest and daily play in the newspapers.

At the club level I think only the discos and places that focused on dancing were actually closed. The boliches remained open but the dance floors went unused except in some of the smaller clubs where the dance spirit couldn't be smothered all together.

Now it seems that the dance clubs that have passed the new citywide beefed up inspection can re-open on a case by case basis after being granted permission in particular by the government. And it looks like they're shooting for March 1st to be back in business in general, which marks the end of summer and the return of portenos to Buenos Aires from summer vacations. A practical turning point as well as an acceptable period of public mourning.

There was a big fire a couple of months back. Many people died. It was all over the news in the US. And since Americans tend not be concerned about goings on in the rest of the world, I assume it made the news world wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cork
    Does anyone know the reason for the closures?

Why the closure?

Does anyone know the reason for the closures?

Which clubs have been closed?

Hi,

Does anyone know which clubs have been closed?

Thanks,

Y & R

Boliches are open but regular discos may still be closed.

I was down in BA about a month ago and was disappointed that all the dance clubs were closed. However, Black, Madahos, Cattos, etc, are open.

Posting Limitations