Thread: Clubs and Boliches - General Info

+ Submit Report
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Which clubs are back open ....?

Hi Guys.

Visited BA I'm May at the hiatus in terms of clubs being closed, even cafe orleans was shut. So my question is what clubs are open or will be open when I return in the next 4-6 weeks. Seems that Hook and New Port are open, but what about the other clubs in Recoletas?

All info gratefully received.

M.

It's not just the boliches, it's the tango salons also!

Apparently the government is shutting down some of the tango venues for the same reasons they have been shutting down boliches. The tangueros weren't about to go down without a fight, so they took to the streets to protest:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/vid...ideo?CMP=fb_us

I haven't read every word of this forum, but I've never seen anyone write about a tango salon as a mongering destination, so this strikes me as the municipal government putting the squeeze on venues everywhere, not just the boliches.

I'm a tanguero and had planned to do a lot of dancing in Bs.As. When I visit in October--so I hope they leave a few venues open, or sort this out otherwise.
    Last edited by Creideiki; 07-16-15 at 12:30. Reason: misspellings

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    I can't tell you for certain whether it is still in business (because I haven't been in BA for several months), but I can tell you for certain that it is no longer on the 12th floor. It moved maybe 9 months ago (very roughly) to the 14th floor.

Bob.
    Thanks Bob. I didn't catch the mention of the 12th floor. Definitely the 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11  [View Original Post]
    Havent seen this mentioned lately. Can anyone tell me if 868 florida 12c is still in business.
    I can't tell you for certain whether it is still in business (because I haven't been in BA for several months), but I can tell you for certain that it is no longer on the 12th floor. It moved maybe 9 months ago (very roughly) to the 14th floor.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11  [View Original Post]
    Havent seen this mentioned lately. Can anyone tell me if 868 florida 12c is still in business.
    As of last week, yes.

868 florida

Quote Originally Posted by Vitrea  [View Original Post]
    Re Clock: If they are not open on Fridays by choice, I have to question their business model. . I have a commitment tonight otherwise I would check it out and report.
    Not open on Fridays. Went by there last night and closed up.

Cocodrilo shut down by GCBA again. A friend of mine went last tuesday (June 16) and said it was well stocked with about 25 girls with some nice talent. He was informed last night by one of those talented ladies that over the weekend the hammer fell yet again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ElAlamoPalermo For This Post:

Clock

See my original post, this is an after 02:00 club. Coming in before is a waste of time. When I left a bit after 02:00 the stock of chicas was great and more were pouring in.

Re Clock: If they are not open on Fridays by choice, I have to question their business model. . I have a commitment tonight otherwise I would check it out and report.
    Normally, I'd agree. However, in Argentina, week nights are for chicas and weekends are for familia. It seems crazy, but they may not do enough business on Friday nights as opposed to week nights of the week. If they catered to the expat crowd, they'd be busy on the weekends...

Clock

Almost a live report. Just stopped by (Sat) at 0130 to see the action. Bouncers outside seemed to be good blokes and the lead (Rodriguez I think) let me go in and check out the club without paying the cover ($200p). Big place but it was dead. I saw 3 chicas (one at the bar was 20 something and a 7+). I am not sure there were any patrons. The doormen said it gets going in about an hour. Sorry not going to make it. The place has good potential - time will tell. They said it is open till 0700.

The bouncer said more chicas will be coming in the hour and charge varying amounts (could not get him to commit to a range).

Quote Originally Posted by ElPerro  [View Original Post]
    Did you go upstairs ? The boliche is upstairs and a restaurant of sorts downstairs. Again, I haven't been in years.
    Bingo. That makes sense. I did not go upstairs. 😔.

Thank you for the update on Crocodrillo. I sincerely hope I was as at the wrong hour and wrong day. The main floor I walked into had full tables though. If there is an another floor, I did not explore.

No joke but the "chica" that walked into the bathroom with me is a dude. Her shoulders are broader than mine. She had a microphone in her hand and I did not wait to hear what she had to say. He he.
    Did you go upstairs ? The boliche is upstairs and a restaurant of sorts downstairs. Again, I haven't been in years.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

Clock

Re Clock: If they are not open on Fridays by choice, I have to question their business model. 😄. I have a commitment tonight otherwise I would check it out and report.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPerro  [View Original Post]
    Vitrea, great post. BTW, I heard Clock is only open on certain nights. Which nights I have no idea.

You were at Cocodrilo too early, though I haven't been in years. 2-3AM is supposed to be the starting time and later is better.
    Thank you for the update on Crocodrillo. I sincerely hope I was as at the wrong hour and wrong day. The main floor I walked into had full tables though. If there is an another floor, I did not explore.

No joke but the "chica" that walked into the bathroom with me is a dude. Her shoulders are broader than mine. She had a microphone in her hand and I did not wait to hear what she had to say. He he.

+ Submit Report
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations