Thread: Periplo Bar

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Periplo is a very interesting place. There is a very large turnover of girls, even in the course of a few nights, so it can be "hit or miss". They're all freelancers, and while not on the payroll of the bar they are required to observe decorum, which includes not bothering you unless you motion them over.

Sandra/pricing

I went to Periplos Monday at about midnight. I spotted a very nice looking woman with a cute face and very curly shoulder length brown hair. I motioned for her to join me. 'Sandra.' After a drink and conversation in Spanish, I invited her to leave. Based on forum input, I prefer not to discuss money unless they want to do so. Tawdry, and I will pay going rate anyway. She looked at me and said she did want me to know that it would be 500 Pesos. I was quite surprised and said nothing for some time, then asked if she was serious. Yes.

I think prevailing logic is that I should have walked out. But I liked her and did not want to end on bad terms, and just said nothing at all for a bit, then said that 500 was more than Black, more than I had ever heard, and that maybe I had come across as never being in BA before. She quickly lowered to 300 and I said I was just not going to respond, that she may be worth 500 or more, but (using another Capt. Dave line) if I pay her 300 or 500 I have to pay everyone that. I said again I was not responding, and that I do not answer quotes like 300 or 500. Then she went to 200. I suspected that would be 60 minutes, not 61, and that this would be the end of things. So I asked about time. She indicated that time was no problem, 1.5 to 2 hours would be OK. She was really cute and I figured 200 for 2 hours would not violate Jackson thinking about overpaying. I did say ¨pago despues¨ and she said no problem, I trust you. (All in Spanish, she does not speak English).

Session was very good. Very responsive. Then a super hard back massage, which I like, in addition to normal range of activities. She is studying massage and will be great at it. Great body too, apparently no kids yet, 25 years old.

On leaving after just a bit less than 1.5 hours (but that was fine with me, and we were both sleepy), she happily accepted 200. I did not want to pay less at that point. She did ask for 10 taxi money. I gave it to her. As she put money away, she showed me 100 Euros and $ 50 US, which some bloke had paid her instead of 500 pesos. Works out to about 550, and she did say he had tipped. I think she did not want to be rude, but wanted me to know someone really had paid 500. But I did not like being treated as cheap, and also did not particularly like being shown and told I was the second round of the night. I politely told her I was impressed and would not bother her again with my cheap 200 pesos. She backed off once again and said she likes me and that is more important than money. (Unless the guy with that money is around, I presume!).

She was a good lady, on balance, but Marriott Hotel may impact pricing. I don't think I would head back soon, but it is an OK club. No music, no dancing. But that is good for talking.

HF

Periplo

I have been going to Periplo (opposite Marriot Plaza in M.T.Alvear) for many years and been fairly lucky but in recent years the quality has been going down and the prices up. However, last year the management changed, the place looks nicer, the prices have come down and the quality/quantity has improved. Has anyone had any experiences there recently? They have an excellent barman, Bauer, 60ish, white hair and really super guy.

Administrator

Venues: 398

Periplo Bar

Periplo Bar M.T. de Alvear 554 (in the Microcenter)
    4311-2885 / 3519
    www.periplo-pub.com.ar

Map Link: http://www.cybermapa.com.ar/default....5bLAYERS%3d%5d

Located directly behind the Marriott Hotel, this place is open for business in the early evening to service the business men staying at the Marriott. However, there are rarely more than a half dozen women working there, and the selection is typically disappointing. Still, you never know when you're going to find a gem.

Posting Limitations