Thread: Cafe Exedra

+ Submit Report
Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Jackson

The Horror

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123  [View Original Post]
    I had lunch with Gysell yesterday, she informed me, Unfortunately, that Cafe Excedra will be a Starbuck's coffee shop with No Chica's when it reopen's. The Golden era of Mongering in Buenos Aires is over. The MotherFuckers.

Exon
    So we lose Exedra to a yankee import, stuffed with local yup types, with overpriced shitty coffee. Sign of the times.

Retired Member

Angry Cafe Excedra

I had lunch with Gysell yesterday, she informed me, Unfortunately, that Cafe Excedra will be a Starbuck's coffee shop with No Chica's when it reopen's. The Golden era of Mongering in Buenos Aires is over.. The MotherFuckers.

Exon

Cafe Excedra

Coming back to BA in December, any word on Cafe Excedra and if it has the chicas like before?

If not, Cafe Orleans is my old stand by unless I get some other advice, Thanks!

Retired Member

The CockSuckers.

Exon

It'Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69
    I am still dreaming that it will look like this again.
    Smelled fresh paint through the doors last night!

Ceiling sheet rocked and ready to drop lights and paint!

Sidewalk is brand new and almost nice!

A shitload of huge windows all around the place 1

I heard it will open in August!

I also heard from a very reliable person that they will NOT have Chicas!

WTF!

TL.

What's up WT?

Retired Member

Dogg,

If They Built It, They Will Come, "we hope?"

Exon

Dreaming

I am still dreaming that it will look like this again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Exedra.jpg‎  

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman
    Passed by there again after dinner on Sunday night, all the workers had called it quit for the day. Half the barricade has come down, the whole side along Carlos Pellegrini. One window was not covered. I noticed the whole inside is still completely gutted out without any fixture what so ever. So still can't what it will be when and if it reopens. May be Exon noticed more inside when he passed by there on Monday.
    That's what I saw this afternoon. They've definitely been working but the inside is a long way from being finished. But, overall really good news. They have done more the past week than they have in a year.

But if they build it, will the chicas come? And be allowed to come?

Retired Member

What I saw was the interstructure was about done.

Nothing left but fixtures and cosmetic stuff.

Exon

Passed by there again after dinner on Sunday night, all the workers had called it quit for the day. Half the barricade has come down, the whole side along Carlos Pellegrini. One window was not covered. I noticed the whole inside is still completely gutted out without any fixture what so ever. So still can't what it will be when and if it reopens. May be Exon noticed more inside when he passed by there on Monday.

Retired Member

I was by there yesterday and a crew of about 8 men were working.

From what I saw, there's just a week or so of work left to do.

Hopefully soon and with Chica's?

Exon

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter
    Jackson,

Can we run a betting pool on when something will open here?

I'm going to bet 100$ on the under that nothing opens in that spot in 2010.
    I am still going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman
    Passed by Exedra today. There were workers laying down new tiles on the sidewalk, on a Sunday no less. Part of barricade surrounding the store was opened and probably more workers were working inside. Re-doing the sidewalk might mean they are planning to have some outdoor facility like tables in the past, who konws.
    Finally! Some movement in a positive direction. How long has it been? Nearly 2 1/2 years?

Passed by Exedra today. There were workers laying down new tiles on the sidewalk, on a Sunday no less. Part of barricade surrounding the store was opened and probably more workers were working inside. Re-doing the sidewalk might mean they are planning to have some outdoor facility like tables in the past, who konws.

Jackson,

Can we run a betting pool on when something will open here?

I'm going to bet 100$ on the under that nothing opens in that spot in 2010.

Posting Limitations