Thread: Cafe Exedra

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    I was about to edit my post but probably better to clarify in a new one.

I've never seen a girl inside even at 11 or 8 or 6 pm this week. They aren't in.....

And Iv'e never seen a girl outside as long as the police are patrolling.

Not sure if it is the Pope visit coming but there are a lot of more cops around walking....

Also the blokes with the flyers are no where to be found if there is a cop around...

And there are cops everywhere I don't know this is new but 4 years ago I didn't see this many cops. (or I am getting old and forget).

I went there at 6 pm and it was dead. Not a soul of either sex. I will try tomorrow at 9 pm.

Exedra is dead. But....

I've been walking past Exedra the last couple of days, as I live near by.

Never seen any girls in there, ( I work normal hours and have not been there during the day).

However in the evening/ night there are a lot of girls trying to get your attention...

As I have never seen the girls in Exedra I dont know if they are the same or other girls trying to cash in on.

Exedra being out of service..

Real is again favorable to US Dollar

Last time I was in Sao Paulo in June 2011 the Real was 1.50 to the US dollar. I wrote an entry on ISG that I was in sticker shock. Hotels were $250 a night. Clinicas, similar to privados were $100 an hour. Night club girls were $300 to $400. Now the real is 3.10 to 1. Hotels I have used in the past are $125. Clinicas are now $50 or $60. Nobody seems to report on nightclubs anymore but I imagine you could have a fun night in Bomboa for $200. I recommend splitting the trip into two parts to deal with congestion. Get a hotel in Moema for the better clinicas. Move over to Paulista for the Bomboa, Sauna House and the Rua Augusta nightclubs. I also had a trouble with getting money from the ATMS. Citibank and HSBC were the only ones on the Star system. The Brazilian banks use Rede(?) and would not accept my card. In other words, you want a hotel near a Citibank.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Boss Man For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DallasNorte  [View Original Post]
    My vote would be Sao Paulo for the hookers (Termas are much better) and Rio for the tourism.
    I agree with this. Rio is now about 15% of what it was in its heyday in terms of mongering options. It is still an interesting/great city for tourism with some high quality restaurants, great juice bars and good daytime action.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ElAlamoPalermo For This Post:

Sao Paulo versus Rio

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    I want to go as soon as the citizenship thing is done. I know you have been a bunch, for both hookers and tourism, Sao Paulo over Rio?
    My vote would be Sao Paulo for the hookers (Termas are much better) and Rio for the tourism.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DallasNorte For This Post:

I've never been

Quote Originally Posted by ElAlamoPalermo  [View Original Post]
    In my opinion Buenos Aires at the moment is simply not even worth considering as a mongering destination. Sao Paulo is about the same distance from the USA or Europe and absolutely blows away Buenos Aires in terms of (mongering) quality, quantity, and value. Add into the mix the fact that Brasilian girls are almost always excellent performers and generally have better diets and are in better physical condition than Argentines. Sao Paulo also has better food and better conventional nightlife. Sao Paulo's flaws are that it's a spread out sprawl and the traffic is horrific.
    I want to go as soon as the citizenship thing is done. I know you have been a bunch, for both hookers and tourism, Sao Paulo over Rio?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxuk  [View Original Post]
    Well is Cafe X history? I am planning my next trip and I'd hate to see its demise...max.
    In my opinion Buenos Aires at the moment is simply not even worth considering as a mongering destination. Sao Paulo is about the same distance from the USA or Europe and absolutely blows away Buenos Aires in terms of (mongering) quality, quantity, and value. Add into the mix the fact that Brasilian girls are almost always excellent performers and generally have better diets and are in better physical condition than Argentines. Sao Paulo also has better food and better conventional nightlife. Sao Paulo's flaws are that it's a spread out sprawl and the traffic is horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    If it's before the elections I would go to Germany.
    Or Columbia, Costa Rica, Brazil......

Well is Cafe X history? I am planning my next trip and I'd hate to see its demise...max.
    The veterans say that now you are going to do your homework a little bit. The good old days are gone. The only reliable game right is through the Internet sites. You will have to learn some Spanish if you don't speak some already.

When is the trip

If it's before the elections I would go to Germany.

Stay tuned

Nobody knows.

Next trip

Quote Originally Posted by PickCherry12  [View Original Post]
    I have a feeling that the government is doing this because the Pope comes from Argentina and they want to have a perfect image.
    LOL!!! My favorite theory is that Cristina is afraid of another Evita coming out of one of the Boliches!!!!! :-).

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger  [View Original Post]
    Was a staff meeting there when I walked by this afternoon, probably all the waiters getting the good news they now are unemployed do to some crusader in the government.

Stranger.
    I have a feeling that the government is doing this because the Pope comes from Argentina and they want to have a perfect image.

Posting Limitations