Thread: Cafe Exedra

+ Submit Report
Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    Not exactly, but I have seen numerous examples of the "business is slow so we have to raise prices" mentality, not just here but all over Latin America. Particularly in México.

I beg to differ with Sr. Dickhead

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    I have spent over seven years in Argentina and have been to all 23 provinces. Tres 3 is right, James Bond is wrong, and that is all there is to it.
    Yeah but in seven years living and traveling all over Argentina have you seen anything like what is going on now: A concerted effort by the government to close ALL boliches. This is something way different. James Bond is right and that's all there is to it.

I have spent over seven years in Argentina and have been to all 23 provinces. Tres 3 is right, James Bond is wrong, and that is all there is to it.

I Say Again--This is Argentina

This is my 10th trip to Argentina. I do not hang out at Hook or any of the other (now closed) clubs, but it has been the experience of those who live here, and those who like clubs, that an Argentine club girl would rather go home empty handed than lower her price. She seems to forget that she raised her price because some stupid and/or drunk Gringo paid her too much. The GPS does not respond to supply and demand.

Tres3.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Come and get it while you can !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    In most economies when supply goes up and demand stays about the same, prices come down. Not in Argentina! For some inexplicable reason, the Argentine mentality increases prices when supply goes up. Real world logic does not apply to most of this country.

Tres3.
    It's not just academic. The law of supply and demand is very real, even in Argentina. The monger market in BA has never been under so much stress before, with record number of boliches shut down within a few weeks and just a short time before they all shut.

Imagine if you are a 10 working at Hook or X and now have to compete with all the tens from Recoleta and only have a few more days before the market shuts down entirely, at least the boliche part of the market.

I predict for the next few days there will be heavy discounts, with two for one specials and boliche sellers at rock bottom privado prices.

Strong buy recommendation.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesBond69 For This Post:

This is Argentina--Forget Supply and Demand Learned in School

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond69  [View Original Post]
    With Recoleta boliches shut down in the short term prices have to come down, since the demand remains essentially the same but the supply increases dramatically as the sellers are flooding into the few marketplaces still open, no more than a half a dozen at the moment.

The only problem is that the sellers may not fully understand the gravity of the changing market but they will soon, as new sellers show up looking for buyers in the same markets, resulting in increasing competition for buyers.
    In most economies when supply goes up and demand stays about the same, prices come down. Not in Argentina! For some inexplicable reason, the Argentine mentality increases prices when supply goes up. Real world logic does not apply to most of this country.

Tres3.

A Classic Case of the Law of Supply and Demand

Quote Originally Posted by Zappaman  [View Original Post]
    TL - One can only hope they don't figure that out... Hook is already pricey enough and I would truly hate to see 977 corrupted...
    With Recoleta boliches shut down in the short term prices have to come down, since the demand remains essentially the same but the supply increases dramatically as the sellers are flooding into the few marketplaces still open, no more than a half a dozen at the moment.

The only problem is that the sellers may not fully understand the gravity of the changing market but they will soon, as new sellers show up looking for buyers in the same markets, resulting in increasing competition for buyers.

Hope springs eternal

TL - One can only hope they don't figure that out... Hook is already pricey enough and I would truly hate to see 977 corrupted...

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    X -( My Office ).

The girls that I have talked to don't even know about Hook or 977 .

TL.

Pleasantly Surprised last night

Stopped by Exedra last night and found every outdoor table occupied (albeit it was a very pleasant evening for late May in BA). I was expecting outlandish prices after reading this thread but a friend I encountered there said 800-1200 was the going rate (I guess the competition effect might be working). Confirmed the pricing after talking to a couple of Russ Meyer-ish sisters sitting behind me. I thought the talent level was actually pretty high last night.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tequila Tim For This Post:

All Dressed Up and No One to Blow !

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Was at E tonight, seems a lot of the chicks that used to rip guys off at Newport are now trying to rip guys off at Exedra.

Funny thing was they displaced a lot of the regular girls who were standing on the sidewalk.

Those chicks are like fucking locusts. They ruined Black, then Newport, and now no doubt will wreck the scene at Exedra.
    X -( My Office ).

I have not been there since Newport and D'Lirio were shut down about a week ago but I can imagine that you will start seeing a lot of the better looking Chicas that worked out of Newport and some of the Hags too.

It will be something like this :

"I Used to work at Black and Newport so it will be 300 bux for a quickie and 500 bux for all night.!".

With a straight face .

You won't have any problems spotting them either. Your Plastic Detector will go off like crazy !

I have received calls from girls wondering where they can work . My suggestion of McDonald's did not go over very well.

Question :

Will the Market price at X remain the same or will the Boliche girls try to raise the prices at X ?

Will the regulars at X try to raise theirs ?

The girls that I have talked to don't even know about Hook or 977 .

Time will tell .

TL.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Field report

Was at E tonight, seems a lot of the chicks that used to rip guys off at Newport are now trying to rip guys off at Exedra.

Funny thing was they displaced a lot of the regular girls who were standing on the sidewalk.

Those chicks are like fucking locusts. They ruined Black, then Newport, and now no doubt will wreck the scene at Exedra.

I called in for a drink yesterday at around 11.00 pm. This was my FIRST visit since it reopened as I am only an occasional visitor to Argentina!

There were certainly some girls there but the place did not seem to have the same ambiance as before.

I saw one "girl next door" type blond standing outside, early 30s called herself Paula. Quite nice but I was too tired to take it any further. I dd get her number for later on in the week.

Anybody know her or have experience?

Do any AP guys hang out there now? It would be good to see some friendly faces.

TejanoLibra. Are you going to be around Exedra this week? If so please let me know and I will be happy to buy you a drink.

Hotman

Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Santa  [View Original Post]
    Ghost.

Busters!
    That's exactly what I said to myself after reading TJ's post!

Give that X is going to be dead, I'll probably end up taking my chances elsewhere. Only have tonight and all day tomorrow to find a chica .

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Weekends are usually Dead Everywhere but especially at X .

After 10pm.

Try to Have Fun .

TL.

You never know .

Maybe you can get lucky and just happen to find a part timer or a bored , end of the month weekend hooker but not likely .

Better make a Reservation !

That's your Best Bet !

Who You Gonna Call ?
    Ghost.

Busters!

Weekends Are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Vince12  [View Original Post]
    Gents, I'm in BA this weekend and was wondering what time is "prime time" for Exedra. All tips are welcome.
    Weekends are usually Dead Everywhere but especially at X .

After 10pm.

Try to Have Fun .

TL.

You never know .

Maybe you can get lucky and just happen to find a part timer or a bored , end of the month weekend hooker but not likely .

Better make a Reservation !

That's your Best Bet !

Who You Gonna Call ?

+ Submit Report
Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations