Thread: Solid Gold

+ Submit Report
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Stream
    I reassure you I counted. Because I was indeed overwhelmed (I'm Marak5's friend) There wasn't anywhere to sit downstairs. All the couches on both sides of the stage was taken. I sat in one of those tables with bar stools near the bar downstairs. Most of the stools along the bar were taken up. There were also girls lined up against the wall. There were also a few girls sitting up stairs.

There were approximately 5 guys there the one Tuesday night I was there this past late March.
    The talent there ranged from 3-8. I pulled out this real cute Paraguay girl, and I thought was as absolutely slamming. 20yo. College student (showed me one of her books) Essentially, she didn't speak any English (even better). She's been working there for 3 months and only works 2-3 nights a week.

200 pesos for 1.5 hours (5am-630am).

Very sweet and natural. There are gems to be found there. I mean, I found one.

Marak5's girl is also very cute and sweet, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy
    From my one visit there, how would you fit 50 chicas in that place? That's gotta be an exaggeration.
    I reassure you I counted. Because I was indeed overwhelmed (I'm Marak5's friend) There wasn't anywhere to sit downstairs. All the couches on both sides of the stage was taken. I Sat in one of those tables with bar stools near the bar downstairs. Most of the stools along the bar were taken up. There were also girls lined up against the wall. There were also a few girls sitting up stairs.

There were approximately 5 guys there the one Tuesday night I was there this past late March.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy
    From my one visit there, how would you fit 50 chicas in that place? That's gotta be an exaggeration.
    All I know is my friend has been to termas in Rio and casas in Columbia and told me he was "overwhelmed" when he was in Solid Gold because there were so many girls. Then today I asked my friend how is Solid Gold and her answer was there are lot of chicas now. Actually to be honest when I was there last May it was the best. The quality and quantity was noticely worse in September, November, and January. Make yourself useful for once and go check it out.

I am just wondering if this time of year is best for visiting. It was same deal in Blacks. Last May there were girls lined up, there had to be a couple dozen girls. Then in subsequent visits in Argentine summer there were substantially less girls. So this time of year may just be much better in all cabarets.

Quote Originally Posted by Marak5
    Guys.

I don't know if it is like this in all Recoleta cabarets at this time, but I had a friend in town 2 weeks ago, and also my novia friend told me that there are tons of girls in Solid Gold right now. Every time I have ever been in there, there were maybe like 25 girls maximum. My friend was telling me now that is was closer to 40 or 50 girls. I don't know if he was exaggerating or not. But my novia has never complained about this phenomenon before. Might be a good time to check the place out.

Hi Doggboy,

You do know that there is a 2nd floor? Believe me, they could easily fit 50 chicas in Solid Gold.

Thanks,

Jackson

responces

Doggboy.

They thought I was fresh meat, perhaps I was there. Didn't care either way, as I didn't really expect anything.

Thomaso276

As far as the pestering for drinks, it did ruin whatever good feeling I had. And I am sure whatever she may of commited to, it would of changed.

Full Throttle.

As far as the counter offer, you probably are right. I guess that was my way of saying no, I didn't expect her nor want her to say yes. Countered BS with BS.

Exon123

Sure, I am allways down for a drink and more. What is the best way to get in contact.

Senior Hunt

Thumbs down

Solid Gold was the first BA boliche I went into back in September on my first trip here. I didn't know anything about this forum or the BA "scene". I felt like half a cow floating in shark infested water. Like any place, I expect some of had good experiences there, but I am betting they are few, AND most likely only had by experienced mongers. The place reminds me of any number of clip joints in any country you want to name. I would avoid unless you are looking for a "challenge".

Pestering for drinks is a sure sign of a bad session to follow. 99% chance she will never be happy with the $$ amount, time or type of session you agreed to. She will change all of the conditions or rant about needing more money as soon as you are in the hotel room.

Might as well put a sign on their foreheads that reads- "You will have wasted a night in BA if you leave this place with me."

Retired Member

Checkmark

Mike411,

I see that you only have one post on the board, so I presume you to be a "Newbie", Welcome to Argentina.

As you Monger more and more in Buenos Aires you will find that Recoleta, and Recoleta Mongering has become a very expensive Tourist Trap. Solid Gold is a prime "Ripp Off" place as is Madaho's and others.

Try hooking up with a more experienced Monger to show you the "Big City Lights"

Exon

Quote Originally Posted by Mike411
    I said hell no. I lost interest completely, but countered with a lot less for the hell of it (250 for 2 hours)
    Welcome!

Not just advice to you, but to me and everybody. If you're not interested, don't make an offer. I can't tell you the times that I made an offer just because we seemed to be negotiating, then ended up with a chica (or car) that I didn't want. I know you can back out, but that is low class.

FT

Solid gold sucked

After being in BA for several days, I decided to check out one of these places and ended up at Solid Gold. Although I do read TFF I unfortunatly did not read the reviews of this place.

It sucked. 30 pesos to get in, included 2 shitty small beers. I tipped the doorman 10 pesos, I don't know why. First ugly chick wanted a drink for 40 pesos. I said hell no, way too caro. She lost interest immediatly, I never had any anyways. Second chick was all smiles and nice and talkative, and helped out with her english when I hit my limit speaking spanish, so I broke down and bought her a 40 peso drink. (My god, that ugly bartender ***** would not go away, allways asking for drinks, I easily told her no 8-10 times). Then some BS about going to a Hotel and we would talk about the price later. I told her I need to know before. But I had to buy a drink first (allready did) or was it that I had to buy two drinks (only one more on top of the first? I don't know) or something if it were more than an hour. And then 300 pesos for an hour or 400 for 2. I said hell no. I lost interest completely, but countered with a lot less for the hell of it (250 for 2 hours), she said "perhaps at other clubs it can be less". Watched 4 other gringos come in and leave with nothing. I left as well, down about 80-100 pesos for a shitty strip show.

Sucked.
    Last edited by Mike411; 02-18-06 at 00:23. Reason: added detail

sick of Solid Gold

Guys.

In my previous 3 trips to Argentina I spent about 75% of my time in Solid Gold.

The first time I was there I saw maybe 10 attractive girls. This past time there were maybe 1 or 2 that I liked with the rest just average. I would rate most of them to be 6.5 on a 1-10 scale.

The girls will all ask for 100usd. They will leave for 200 pesos or maybe 150 if its late. I paid 250 pesos since I am interested in paying whats fair in each club. Note that does not mean I want to get ripped off, but it ruins the mood for me if I am driving a hard bargain and have to argue with the girl over price for an extended period. So I offer 250 pesos, they are happy, and I am happy.

A girl in there told me that Solid Gold tells the girls that the minimum they can accept is 150 pesos per hour. I got screwed one night because I took a girl out for 4 hours without negotiating beforehand. I was prepared to offer about 400 pesos. The girl informed me that she would get in trouble if she took less than 600 pesos (150 pesos per hour) She says that the girls have to show Solid Gold the money when they return. I told her that was a lot and she said she had 100 pesos on her so I had to pay 500 pesos. I do not know what would have happened if I didnt give her the money but I wasnt interested in finding out as I like Solid Gold and wanted to be able to return the next night.

I believed her about the policy though because Solid Gold is really anal in pretty much all other respects. If you take a girl to your apartment from there, you have to leave the address. This is I guess because a girl was taken out of there and hit by a guy. Also when I took my girl out to the regular club, she had to send text messages to Solid Gold like every 45 minutes and it was really annoying.

The drinks are also 30 pesos and they are on you like hounds to refill them. The juice drinks were literally like 3 ounces and could be gulped down in under 3 seconds. The waitress is ready to refill the drinks pretty much immediately. That's why SG is probably not the best place to just sit around and hang out. If you are there for 2 hours its no problem for the girl to have 7 drinks and you have to spend 210 pesos. You need to buy 2 drinks per hour to take the girl out, so my advice is tell the girl to drink slow and just buy 2 and take the girl to the hotel next door.

I spent 5 out of my 7 nights there. They play the same music, and have the same show, every single night. By the last night I was so sick of it that I just paid the 210 pesos up front to get the girl the hell out of there.

The reason I kept going back was because I found what probably amounted to my ATF. The girl did genuinely like me also so I was getting long periods of dfk and bbbj every time. Our time spent together was closer to a real bf / gf relationship that any hooker john type relationship. Yeah yeah I'm sure you think I got played but I was there and you weren't and we are still in contact now. But. Outside the club, we were holding hands and stealing kisses the whole time. And the last day, she met me before my flight and came to the airport with me and waited in line until I had to go through security.

She's really sweet and would provide good service to anyone I imagine since I don't think she has a malicious bone in her body. It's unlikely that she will be waiting with you at the airport though. Anyway I recommend her. She calls herself Magui in Solid Gold. She's about 5 3, looks kind of Arabic, curvy round ass, and not fat at all. Very nice body and face is so so but above average I would say. Her night off is Wendesday so you can find her there any other night. Tell her that Mike from Chicago sent you and tell her that I said that she would treat you the same way she treated me.

Anyway Solid Gold kind of monopolized my time so I didn't spend much time in Affaire or Shampoo like I was expecting. Next time I am there it's unlikely that I will even step foot in Solid Gold.

Talking Solid Threesome

I was at Solid Gold a couple of nights ago. It wasn't my first time there so I was used to the 30 peso entrance fee with 1 free drink. The usual drinks for the wh**es are 30 pesos for a small drink or 60 pesos for a large drink or what they call top shelf. I met a Cuban Girl and hooked up with her friend an her friend, an Argentine girl who was 21 years old. We aranged on a threesome and after a few more drinks, we went to a hotel down the street. The arangement was for 240 pesos each girl. Yea, I know I could have gotten a better deal but was satisfied with that price and basically the club girls, as you know charge a little more that other places. Anyways, the time was great, all positions were excercised and came twice. Was with them for 2 hours. A great time was had by all.
    Last edited by The Tycoon; 11-13-05 at 01:45. Reason: spelling

Went again Saturday after being disappointed at a few other spots. Very quiet from 12.30 to 2.30. 3 doable chicas, one of whom I took out for 200. Uruguayan girl, Violeta. Highly recommend.

Went on Friday around 2. Busy place with lots of girls. Paid small admission which included 2 drinks. Chica drink is 30, not that bad.

They ushered me to a seat to watch their "show," basically a few OK girls stripping. That kept me from checking the place out more thoroughly. But there seemed quite a few good ones there. Spoke to a cute Peruvian girl I ended up taking out for 250, after buying mandatory 2 drinks. She ended up being a disappointment after "unwrapping." Many of the girls I met in BA need to spend a lot more time in the gym.

Overall, good but not great.

Question Mixed Feelings

Marak5,

To each his own but I would say go again, enjoy the warm feelings, don't judge her too harshly, buen onda. This could turn into one of the 'regulars' guys talk about when they come back, and from experience, even after they get out of the business. Still, you might want a diversion in between just to keep your feet planted. Enjoy the wave.

MAG

Posting Limitations