Thread: Salome

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Conchuir
    Captain:

Is this an all day club for early mongering & boozing? What are the hours?

Thanks
    Go only in the night, after 11 pm.

Sunday nights, closed.

Hours

Captain:

Is this an all day club for early mongering & boozing? What are the hours?

Thanks

Captain's review of Salome.

I had been wanting to put a review of this place for past many weeks but finally got down to doing so only today. Trust, it would be of some use to the newbies.

GETTING THERE: Its located on the esquina (corner) of Cordoba y Billinghurst. Its not a location close to a large ghetto of boliches. So one will usually end up hiring a taxi to reach this boliche. Anyway, its very easy to locate.

I recommend stopping the taxi about 10-20 m away and then walking back to to the entry point of the club.

ENTRY: It is very simple. Just walk in without looking right or left. I am saying this because at times, their is a door man who might be tempted to ask for a entry fees. To avoid this fees, just walk in the place as if you literally own the place.

If at all you are indeed demanded a fees for entrance, do not pay more than 20 ARS. However, this entry fees will inevitably entitle you to a free drink of your choice.

LAYOUT OF THE CLUB:

Their are two floors. One is the ground floor which has a bar and few seats and few girls hanging about.

Their is a basement which is the main hangout of the club. In this basement, their is one more bar, loud music and and many more girls. The basement is designed like a cabin of a ship.

ATMOSPHERE: Pretty relaxed. Absolutely no pressure to take a girl. If you do not want to take a girl and just do chica watching inside, so be it. No one will bother you.

SAFETY ISSUES: Absolutly none. The crowd is a mixture of expats, tourists and locals. However, the nos of locals is much lesser than of foreigners. You can easily enjoy a drink here without feeling threatened.

BAR: As I said above, their is a bar on each of the floors. Their are also bar girls whose specific duty is to serve the drinks. They are dressed in a specific dress code and easily distinguishable. These girls are not available for going out. These girls are very polite and provide excellent service in my opinion.

DRINK PRICES: The prices are very very cheap. Almost anything costs 20ARS here including a peg of a local rum or a local whiskey inclusive of coke cola. However, foreign beers and drinks can be expensive but not recommended as the locals drinks are available and so cheap here.

The drinks come with free popcorn, as much as you want.

CHICA DRINKS:

It is same prices as men's drinks. That is 20 ARS for absolutely anything. Their is no pressure to buy a drink for the chica for just chatting with her and getting to know her.

QUALITY OF GIRLS: Excellent. I have seen many many 7s here and I think its a very good option for people looking for budget sex with good looking women.

QUANTITY OF GIRLS: 15 odd in peak hours on Thursday, Friday or Saturday nights. In off peak time, 6-7 girls available.

PRICES OF CHICAS: Negotiable. I have been offered good 7's for 150 ARS. She was ready to come to my apartment. However, I did not go ahead as she declined a BBBJ.

Some of the guys were offered 200 or 250 ARS with good looking 7's for 1-2 hours.

BAR FINE:

The bar fine is 2 drinks. Each of the drinks costing 20 ARS, so in all 40 ARS. If the girl has already one drink with another client than you need to buy her just one drink. In all, the chica must do 2 drinks in the particular night before leaving the bar with the client.

DID I TAKE A GIRL FROM HERE?

No, never. Its my loss really. However, whenever I went there, I was always in a non-horny mood and kind of wrong night, when I was fatigued etc.

DO I RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO NEWBIES?

I think its a great option for budget mongering with good looking chicas. I would recommend it highly. Its a great option for getting drunk in a boliche without having to pay much and just indulge in chica watching.

TRIVIA:

The basement which is the main hangout of the bar is kind of congested. I found this a negative aspect. Also, the girls don't seem to be trying too hard to woo the guys. In one way, its nice but its also a kind of turn-off that the girls seem to be too busy gossiping about their boyfriends or kids with their amigas rather than trying to woo the clients.

Happy mongering in BA

If you have never seen it

It is awesome, Brother Dickhead in his "Yes boludo not only do I speak Spanish very well, I've been kicked out of better clubs than this in my life so no you won't be ripping this gringo off" mode. I love the look on their face when it happens, it's like when your big brother shows up just as the bully is about to start pounding and your brother is REALLY BIG.

Went to this venerable boliche tonight. We were in the 'hood anyway. So we rolled up and it was empty. Literally empty on the top floor. Talked to the doorman and he said there were "many chicas" downstairs. I said "how many is many?" and he said "10." I did not believe this. Then another one walked in and he said "11." So we discussed drink prices and first he told us it was 20 pesos to enter "sin consumcion." I said WTF and he backpedaled and said 20 pesos included a drink. I said, "What kind of drink?" and he said, "Cerveza, champagne, or whiscola,"

So my wingman gave him 100 pesos (mistake) I gave the wingman 20, and we three proceeded downstairs. The wingman disappeared, I think to shake the dew off the lily, and I ordered a whiscola and the third guy ordered I don't know. Turned out to be a rum and coca. So waitress brought the drinks and 50 pesos cambio. We didn't know if this was good or bad, but we know it was not right, since there is no third drink, and thus the change should be 40 or 60 depending on whether another drink was forthcoming. There were 3 or 4 non-doables and a couple of cute waitresses.

So the wingman who paid the 100 pesos came down and asked for a beer and then they wanted 20 pesos more. Thus there was a 10 peso discrepancy. I asked the third guy what he ordered and he said rum and coke but also said he distinctly heard the doorman include that in the offering, as well as "cualquiera." I did not hear that. So I explained this to the waitress and told her to go get the doorman. She headed to the bar and I intercepted her and said, "No, andate arriba agarrar el chico."

Said chico eventually came down and put a hand firmly on my shoulder and told me he was sorry but I misunderstood him and the consumicion minimo is 20 pesos and the cover only includes a beer. I knocked his hand off my shoulder, told him that I specifically asked what drinks were included, and he had specifically included champagne and whiscola (which was why I ordered that). He repeated his apology and his assertion that I had misunderstood him and I reminded him we had three witnesses and also I told him he could not count to eleven unless his fly was open. I said we would not pay any more no matter what. We slammed our drinks and left and so it could be said we screwed them for ten pesos since probably we owed 60 but fuck that anyway since there was no one in there worth fucking except the waitresses.

I have scratched this place off my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead
    I was trying to get at your wallet.
    With his secret wallet stealing trouser snake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead
    Can you still remember that? Must have been a loooonnngggg time ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz
    It's always happening, there are always lots of girls and your drinks are cheap, just go, have fun, and fuck. Just don't overpay and spoil it for the rest of us.

If you're intimidated about hitting the clubs alone, follow the time honored tradition of inviting Dickhead or one of the guys living there out for an evening of debauchery. Pay their entradas, taxis, and beers, though with brother Dickhead that could mean a second mortgage on the house, and do what they tell you.
    Daddy thats good advice, but he needs to be very careful with that Dickhead guy, because he has tendency to turn around and back up to you, he did it to me one night at el Alamo.

Not sure what he really wanted?

Only an Idiot.

Only an IDIOT would be unable to escape a fire at Lálliance!

Worse comes to worse and you head upstairs to the neighbor's rooftop.

Plus the building is made of brick and concrete. Nothing to burn baby!

Maybe a lomo or bife de chorizo.

With Salome you are in the basement so you are at a disadvantage.

The clubs and bars were closed down for almost 1 year after the ¨WhiteSnake ¨style fire. (220 plus dead)

No dancing allowed. You could'nt even fuck standing up because someone might think that you were dancing!

Felt like I was at Baylor University in Waco, Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantisLove
    I think that this is quite common in BsAs. The aparthotel I stayed in last year had one stairwell and an elevator right next to it. I was on the 11th floor. If I recall correctly the place I will be staying in this year will be the same. But I will be on the 7th floor and I am seriously thinking about getting 70 feet of rope to keep in the room! At the Superbowl party last year we were on the 2nd floor (they'd call it the 1st floor) of L'Alliance and it looked to me like there was only one narrow staircase leading down to the first floor. I couldn't see a window to jump out of.

Bob.

Just go

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger
    my apt is quite near to this place - has anyone been here in the last month and could tell me something about its girls, prices ect.
    It's always happening, there are always lots of girls and your drinks are cheap, just go, have fun, and fuck. Just don't overpay and spoil it for the rest of us.

If you're intimidated about hitting the clubs alone, follow the time honored tradition of inviting Dickhead or one of the guys living there out for an evening of debauchery. Pay their entradas, taxis, and beers, though with brother Dickhead that could mean a second mortgage on the house, and do what they tell you.

Is it still the same Salome?

My apt is quite near to this place.

Has anyone been here in the last month, and could tell me something about its girls, prices ect.

Window

The window was behind the screen and it does open.

But they may not open again. See the restaurant report.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantisLove
    I think that this is quite common in BsAs. The aparthotel I stayed in last year had one stairwell and an elevator right next to it. I was on the 11th floor. If I recall correctly the place I will be staying in this year will be the same. But I will be on the 7th floor and I am seriously thinking about getting 70 feet of rope to keep in the room! At the Superbowl party last year we were on the 2nd floor (they'd call it the 1st floor) of L'Alliance and it looked to me like there was only one narrow staircase leading down to the first floor. I couldn't see a window to jump out of.

Bob.

Fire Trap?

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Monger514
    We hit this place last night on our way to Cocodrillo. I've only been here once before. Last night the selection was not at all what I would call good, and we left after about only about 20 minutes. Drinks were 20 pesos. I did see one cute Paraguayan on the way out, but not cute enough to keep me there.

I've said this before, and someone should feel to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this place is a real fire trap. I am of course referring to the downstairs. So far as I can tell, there is only one way in and out, that narrow staircase. There is another staircase, but it appears just to lead to an upper deck of some sort. I don't see any other exits, and if they exist, they aren't marked. Either that, or I'm blind.

The lower level is made entirely of wood, from head to toe, and of course patrons smoke (and there are signs that declare this to be a smoking area) If there were a fire, that narrow staircase would be piled high with bodies of people passed out from smoke in no time. I remember very well a few years ago just before my first trip to BA there was a bad disco fire with many fatalities. Then the authorities clamped down on establishments with insufficient fire exits. Did they just choose to ignore this one?

Most night clubs and discos were closed for a while and live shows were banned while authorities checked to see that their permits were in order etc. So we must believe that Salome is safe and that it's only Monger514's vivid imagination that it's a death trap!

Yeah sure! The city is full of these death traps. There are hundreds of other potential Cromagñons.

Posting Limitations