Thread: Wilton Hotel

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

The Wilton Hotel

The Wilton Hotel is pretty good. I've stayed there a couple of times.

I stayed at the Wilton Hotel ('Wilton Palace' Callao 1162) last week and was very satisfied.

I'd booked it through expedia or asia, I can't remember which, and a double room was the same as a single.

I have two rules for booking hotels:

1. If possible, always see the room before booking. (I generally only book in advance for short stays to save time. Or in dangerous areas late at night.) If you have already paid, there is less incentive for them to give you the best room available at the price.

2. Always complain about the room before unpacking. It can seem like too much hassle if you have to drag shirts and the contents of six suitcases to a new room. It can put you in a bad mood. So I check the room for all common probs the minute I get in. It also makes it less of a big deal for reception to reassign you and lets them know you are not a pushover.

My only complaint about my Wilton room was they had given me a twin instead of a double. They said they didn't have any doubles left. I said would they perhaps kindly have a look again and I'd call back in a few minutes as my reservation had clearly been for a double. (It hadn't btw.)

They found me a double room quickly, and better located and nicer.

Reception staff were pleasant and helpful with all my queries. The room was well appointed and excellent value I thought for UKP43 (forget what that is in pesos - about 263). I only took a girl back once and the staff were politely oblivious - I mean they acted as if I was something any gentleman might do and one didn't draw attention by looking. It's an easy enough walk to Microcentre and quite a few other places as well - all conveniences near to hand.

Redhaeaded *****

She was good to me n Dec. 2005. Never complaint, never a peep.

You guys must be OBVIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz
    I used to stay there all the time and the red headed ***** that worked the afternoon shift is forever giving people a hard time. I finally told her in no uncertain terms that it is none of her fucking business who I take to my room and can we clear it up with her boss. After that, no problems.
    Just another one of the many crap these argentine try to get away with,.

No wonder it is a third world country, they have no idea, nor do they care as to what it is to give good custmer service.

I love putiing them in thier place whenever I can, I do not know how many.

Hotels I have had problems with the personnel. There are a dozen hotels or so I am not allowed in because of the insults I have made, speaking my mind.

Was this the old red headed *****

I used to stay there all the time and the red headed ***** that worked the afternoon shift is forever giving people a hard time. I finally told her in no uncertain terms that it is none of her fucking business who I take to my room and can we clear it up with her boss. After that, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicfla
    I recently stayed here for six nights and had two chicas visit. When I checked out they charged me AR$20 per vist; when I showed them my Expedia receipt and protested that I paid for two people, they said it was only for married couples.

Make sure the chica has some form of ID (and she may ask for your last name in order to specifically describe who she is there to see I guess – that I did not like) There would have been a third chica visit but, somewhat amazingly, she did not bring any form of ID and the red-headed woman would not let her up (she is indeed a total ball buster)

If you follow the protocol and are willing to pay the AR$20 extra, having chicas visit here should not be a problem.

I had stayed here in April 2005 and, again, overall was pleased. They have safe deposit boxes in the rooms now. There are two computers in the lobby but they were both occupied much of the time. The room was clean and neat. The mid-range price (I got a deal on Expedia for US$65/ night) and the location on Callo (right by Santa Fe) are this hotel's most redeeming features.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicfla
    I recently stayed here for six nights and had two chicas visit. When I checked out they charged me AR$20 per visit; when I showed them my Expedia receipt and protested that I paid for two people, they said it was only for married couples.

< snipped >
    I hope you will ask Expedia and / or your credit card company to refund the $40 pesos. It's ridiculous to claim that a two person rate applies only to married couples. Unmarried couples travel together all of the time. Also I'll bet that their posted rates do not make that stipulation.

What greedy assholes! You paid the double rate for 6 nights and only had guests two nights. (Did they even stay all night?) And they charged you a chica fine for the two visits!

Bob

Chica Tolerant (as opposed to openly friendly)

I recently stayed here for six nights and had two chicas visit. When I checked out they charged me AR$20 per vist; when I showed them my Expedia receipt and protested that I paid for two people, they said it was only for married couples.

Make sure the chica has some form of ID (and she may ask for your last name in order to specifically describe who she is there to see I guess – that I did not like). There would have been a third chica visit but, somewhat amazingly, she did not bring any form of ID and the red-headed woman would not let her up (she is indeed a total ball buster).

If you follow the protocol and are willing to pay the AR$20 extra, having chicas visit here should not be a problem.

I had stayed here in April 2005 and, again, overall was pleased. They have safe deposit boxes in the rooms now. There are two computers in the lobby but they were both occupied much of the time. The room was clean and neat. The mid-range price (I got a deal on Expedia for US$65/ night) and the location on Callo (right by Santa Fe) are this hotel's most redeeming features.

Red Headed Bi atch

The red headed woman that works the afternoon shift is a real ball buster, if you bring a girl then you will pay. The two guys that work the night are totally on the program. The caucasian one speaks decent english and I never used to get charged for chicas when I stayed there.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasFirstTime
    I just checked out the Wilton today. Overall nice place, esp. For $70 USD. They tried to charge me 20 peso for each guest as well, I kept pushing back, they he came back with inflated charges for telephone and one water from room service. It was only 10 peso lower than his first bill, but I was ready to go, so I just paid it.

I think you can tip the guy at the desk or ask up front about guests to avoid the fee. Other than that, hotel is nice. A cab ride from the action, but only costs about 5 pesos. Make sure the cabbie hears Wilton and not Hilton, that happened to me once.

Never got up in time for the free breakfast. Internet room is okay, 3 pc's, all a bit dated and annoying install pop-ups, but its free and in the hotel. They have wifi too but I didn't want to bring my laptop down, remember you will need a transformed as well since they are on 220 volts.

I stayed at Hyde Park off Maipu last time, it is great location but a real crap-hole place.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasFirstTime
    Not finding Wilton on Hotels. Com or Expedia. Com anymore, check all the way from now to end of March, I wonder if they stopped partnering with them.
    It shows up if you use the expanded search and typing in the hotel room. The strange thing is booking must be for 10 days minimum. That might be the reason it did not show up that you did the search.

It is also listed in Orbitz.Com by using the same search method.

Hotel's own website is: http://www.hotelwilton.com.ar/nuevo/todo.htm

Not finding Wilton on Hotels. Com or Expedia. Com anymore, check all the way from now to end of March, I wonder if they stopped partnering with them.

Unless you have an incredibly old laptop, you won't need a step down transformer to provide 220 to 110 electricity to your laptop. Just an adapter plug which you can buy in any electrician store in BA.

Look at the bottom sticker of your power supply / adapter. Should say dual voltage rating of something like input 100-240 volts at 50-60 hz.

I just checked out the Wilton today. Overall nice place, esp. For $70 USD. They tried to charge me 20 peso for each guest as well, I kept pushing back, they he came back with inflated charges for telephone and one water from room service. It was only 10 peso lower than his first bill, but I was ready to go, so I just paid it.

I think you can tip the guy at the desk or ask up front about guests to avoid the fee. Other than that, hotel is nice. A cab ride from the action, but only costs about 5 pesos. Make sure the cabbie hears Wilton and not Hilton, that happened to me once.

Never got up in time for the free breakfast. Internet room is okay, 3 pc's, all a bit dated and annoying install pop-ups, but its free and in the hotel. They have wifi too but I didn't want to bring my laptop down, remember you will need a transformed as well since they are on 220 volts.

I stayed at Hyde Park off Maipu last time, it is great location but a real crap-hole place.

I have only entered the reception area to inquire about a room for visiting guests about a year ago. Unfortunately they were sold out.

The place looks decent, but most importantly you could not ask for a better location in the great city of Buenos Aires. 5 minute walk (or taxi ride) from almost everywhere. Very close to tourist trap alley (Recoleta Village) but not immersed in it, like Recoleta Suites for example.

Arrow Charge!

I stayed there 7 nights in Dec. 005 and they never charged me for "take out".

The guys who work late shift are cool, and can give you tips for bars / etc.

Happy hunting

I'm at the Wilton over the weekend. Free I-net is nice, rooms are clean, big bathrooms with tub and shower. Location is a bit far from stuff but cabs are cheap. Paying $70 night via hotels. Com.

No safe or alarm clocks in room though, also I didn't like they write down your credit card number, expiration and security code on the registration form.

Haven't brought in a chica yet so not sure if they will charge or not.

Posting Limitations