Thread: Wilton Hotel

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    I'm staying here for a couple days.

Overall it isn't bad. The room is a little cramped but pretty clean. The hotel itself is kind of small and quaint but nice.

The definite plus is that they have internet available and I've been able to get onto a machine twice today with no wait.

Walked over to the mall today for lunch and it's within walking distance kind of. It's probably about 5 long blocks, about a 12 minute walk. I was hoping the location was a bit closer but it will do.

I'd say it's good for someone on a tighter budget looking to stay walking distance from the action. I'm only paying about 80 bucks per night.

My hotel of choice

I've stayed there a ton, the wireless signal doesn't get up to the top floors but works great in the lobby or business center if you need it.

The bellboys are not the ones to help you with your arraingments, talk to the guys at the desk on the night shift. I used him once but wasn't impressed by what showed up, an older agency girl. The red headed ***** that works the desk in the afternoon is to be avoided at all costs, the Hotel really needs to be rid of her.

As far as paying extra for guests, Yo paid more for a reservation for two than you would have for a single reservation, they factor in the cost of food with the buffet, extra water for showers etc. What I do is throw 10 pesos to the night guys on my first night and no more questions asked, just walk across the lobby like you own it.

Next time you go ask for the room on the top floor of the front tower with the double bed if you can get it. There is a terraza up there that's really nice and it's pretty private at night. You have to walk up the last flight as the elevator only goes to the 13th but I think the privacy trade off and terraza is worth it.

Wilton Hotel

Stayed at Wilton Hotel for 3 days last week. It was part of the package deal with my airfare, so I don’t really know how much the room alone cost. But going by various web site including hotel’s own web site it ranges around 70 USD per night.

Location is near the intersection of Sante Fe and Callao, so it is near Recoleta and only a block from Sante Fe 1707 and various privados. The room is ok, a little smaller than I hope for and no couch or sofa inside. My biggest complaint was I wanted a King size bed but all they had available was ones with 2 singles. I moved the night stand out of the way and pushed the 2 singles together during my TLN. Another complaint is no in-room safe.

I called ahead and was told free wireless internet is available. So I brought my laptop with me. In my room, I got a weak signal at best and could not get pass through the service provider (telefonia) splash page. It could be configuration setting on my part. As back up, 3 computers with high speed internet were available on the 1st floor business office.

Free buffet breakfast was good. Nice selection of pastries, cold cuts, cereal, but no hot items like eggs, bacon, and sausages.

The hotel staff was ok. The bellboys seem cool and always ready to help out. They actually speak pretty good English even better than some of the reception clerks. If I return to this hotel, I may ask them for help in making some arrangements.

Chicas apparently have to check in with the front desk because during check out they tried to charge me 20 pesos per guest who visited me. I told them my reservation was for 2 guests (even though I think the hotel cost would have been the same with 1 or 2 guests). I showed them my reservation print out from Expedia and they waived the charge. So the only charge left was 4 pesos for the 6 phone calls I made which were mostly to cell phones. BTW I was told sometimes they could cost mucho at hotels. So I am ok with 4 pesos.

After that I left my luggage with the hotel and did some walking around, visited one last privado, and had lunch. I returned at around 3:30 pm. Went to the fitness center on the 14th floor to take a shower and got changed before leaving for the airport for my red-eyed flight.

Overall enjoyable stay and would consider this hotel again in the future.

Posting Limitations