Thread: Airport Exit Fee

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Sportsman
    Hi,

Well let me tell you I am a employee of United, and the tax that you don't have to pay any more is $39.00 US bucks, I would love to pay at the booth is used to be only 17.00 bucks. So it;s nice not to wait in line but it's 39.00 bucks. I'll wait in line to save some bucks.

Meforu

I just got back from Buenos Aires and had the same situation as Rock Harders.

The agents at American put a sticker on the back of my ticket and told me I didn't have to pay a departure tax. I guess it was included in the price of my ticket.

Mongers,

I left on a LAN flight to Miami on Saturday, March 21st and I was told that I did not have to pay an airport tax as it was now included in the price. They attached a sticker to the back of my boarding pass and I was on my way. I believe that all airline tickets booked after a certain date will have the tax (whatever amount it is) included in the price of the ticket. I had booked my ticket only two weeks before.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Ezeiza Departure Fee, as of March 25, 2009

Was still $18. I just left, and that's what I just paid.

US$18 vs US$29

Quote Originally Posted by Big Travel Guy
    The discrepancy between GH's report, and COD's are interesting. I'm actually kind of interested in this, and not just for the sake of saving the $11, but for global travel ramifications and economic interest generally.

Please keep these first hand reports coming if you have any.

I don't leave till the 25th.

BTG
    Feeling cheated, I confronted my travel agent to ask him about the discrepancy in the airport terminal fee. As it turns out the new rate of US$ 29 took effect last March 8. Lucky you Gato Hunter, you evaded the new rate by one day.

My agent also said that tickets issued from March 2009 will already include the exit fee. The rationale is this will save the passenger time as its one less queue for him. Makes sense really as it gives me more time to oggle at the promotadoras at the cosmetics department at the duty free. Oh and yes, watch out for the chica who sells carne near the duty free cashier, she complements what she sells as she has the nicest set of lomo in the entire duty free section, hell the entire Ezeiza Airport complex.

Venues: 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnDown
    Its confirmed! I just purchased a ticket from my travel agent and I was informed that the new airport fee of US$ 29 is included in the ticket. I asked him to show me in the ticket the amount in question. Well, its there - Arg. Pesos 105.85 XR (US$ 29 * 3.65)

Dios mio even the Ezeiza Airport is getting into the act of increasing prices like there is no tomorrow.
    The part above about the fee included in the price of the ticket - It was my understanding that the airport exit tax is never included in the price of the ticket and you have to go stand in line to pay it.

Maybe it was just that Delta and Continental (the two airlines I use) are not able to put it in, but I thought I had a conversation with a travel agent here who told em that the exit fees are never included in a ticket.

Of course, every ticket I have bought has always included SOME tax, so I'm not saying that taxes in general are not put on a ticket, just questioning the specific exit tax.

But I agree with what Moore said about raising the price after ten years. Although I have little doubt that the money earned from this "tax" is used in ways that most people (myself included) would disapprove, a large hike after 10 years doesn't seem like a very big deal.

Departure fee question: Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter
    I left on Saturday and it was still 18USD at EZE.
    The discrepancy between GH's report, and COD's are interesting. I'm actually kind of interested in this, and not just for the sake of saving the $11, but for global travel ramifications and economic interest generally.

Please keep these first hand reports coming if you have any.

I don't leave till the 25th.

BTG

I left on Saturday and it was still 18USD at EZE.

That exit tax had been set at US$ 18.00 for about 10 years, maybe longer.

If they must collect it, one hike per decade doesn't seem so bad relatively.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnDown
    Its confirmed! I just purchased a ticket from my travel agent and I was informed that the new airport fee of US$ 29 is included in the ticket. I asked him to show me in the ticket the amount in question. Well, its there - Arg. Pesos 105.85 XR (US$ 29 * 3.65)

Dios mio even the Ezeiza Airport is getting into the act of increasing prices like there is no tomorrow.
    Gents,

This was reported on the forum back on 2/08/09

Airport boarding fees.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"La Nacion" reported today that, beginning March 1, the fees for boarding international and local flights will go up 69% and 140% , respectively. Boarding fees for international flights out of Ezeiza will rise from US$18 to US$ 29 and at airports like Jorge Newbery the fees will rise from AR$6.05 to AR$14.50.

Foreigners and locals alike pay these fees.

("La suba para los vuelos internos, la primera desde 1998, será de 139,7%. A partir del 1° de marzo, la tasa será de $ 14,50 contra los 6,05 actuales en los aeropuertos de mayor tráfico, como aeroparque Jorge Newbery why los de Mendoza, Bariloche, Córdoba, Tucumán, Salta e Iguazú.

Para los vuelos internacionales, el aumento será de 61,1% en dólares. Así, la tasa pasará de los US$ 18 actuales a 29 en Ezeiza, Aeroparque why el resto de los aeropuertos más transitados del país")

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp...807189&toi=6262

Airport fee US$ 29

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman
    I read on Flyertalk that EZE exit fee has increased from $18 to $29 effective MAR 1. And the fee will be included in the price of the tickets that are issued after MAR 1.

Info is still scratchy.

Can anyone confirm that?

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman
    I read on Flyertalk that EZE exit fee has increased from $18 to $29 effective MAR 1. And the fee will be included in the price of the tickets that are issued after MAR 1.

Info is still scratchy.

Can anyone confirm that?
    The MotherFucking CockSuckers.

Exon

I did dummy bookings on UA, AA, and DL, there were no breakdown of the exact fees. But in LAN, the breakdown for a July ticket is:

Fare Detail Adult
    Fare 624.00
    Other Charges (Q) 70.00
    Fare (Total) US$ 694.00

Tax details
    US CUSTOMS USER FEE (YC) 5.50
    DOMEST TRANSP TAX (MIA-7,5%) (US) 16.10
    DOMEST TRANSP TAX (MIA-7,5%) (US) 16.10
    US ANIMAL AND PLANT (XA) 5.00
    US FEDERAL INSPECTION FEE (XY) 7.00
    USA CIVIL AVIATION SECURITY SE (AY) 2.50
    AIRPORT TAX ARGENTINA (XR) 29.00
    INMIGRATION TAX ARG. (QO) 10.00
    SECURITY TAX ARGENTINA (TQ) 2.50
    PASSENGER CHARGE (XF) 4.50
    Tax US$ 98.20

Total US$ 792.20

EZE exit fee increased from $18 to $29?

Info is still scratchy.

Can anyone confirm that?

More trivia

Not that it is really important, but the EZE airport is a private facicility that pays the government for the "opportunity" to operate the airport. The same company also runs the airport in MVD. That is one reason that when you buy Duty Free you pay in dollars not pesos, also why some of the taxes are in "hard currenecy" instead of pesos.

To the best of my knowledge the landing fees are still paid in dollars as well.

But hey I could be wrong.

Posting Limitations