Thread: Package Delivery Services

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by VaqueroNY
    Hello,

I'm generally a lurker in this forum and have gained alot of valuable information as one. I will be returning to Buenos Aires, this time for 8 months and had some concerns about receiving mail / packages during my stay. I do not have access to a mail (courier) pouch nor would the senders be able to afford the UPS / FedEx option.

Should I just not have packages (small ones) sent to me?
    VaqueroNY,.

Even if they could afford Fedex, don't use them. Fedex opens and holds the packages at the airport (EZE) and then you have to go get them. Then they charge more fees on top of that for storage and whatever else they can dream up. Even with an interline discout of 75% , you will still pay almost three times what the package is worth just to ship it via Fedex to Argentina.

Moondog

Hello,

I'm generally a lurker in this forum and have gained alot of valuable information as one. I will be returning to Buenos Aires, this time for 8 months and had some concerns about receiving mail / packages during my stay. I do not have access to a mail (courier) pouch nor would the senders be able to afford the UPS / FedEx option.

Should I just not have packages (small ones) sent to me?

Administrator

Venues: 398

Package Delivery Services

Greetings everyone,

As we all know, the performance of government or quasi-governmental organizations is always suspect, and specifically the performance of the official mail system: Correo Argentina. I've never used them, but I suspect that there's a reason why people don't send checks in the mail, and why the major utility companies hire private mail services to deliver their bills.

In any event, I had a occasion recently to need to send a letter to a friend in Junin, so I was compelled to research the alternatives.

First, Federal Express and the other recognized international delivery services do not or cannot deliver within the country, so that option, as pricey as it might have been, is off the table.

Eventually, I discovered the website of what is described to me as largest private mail services in Argentina: Correo Andreani.

http://www.andreani.com.ar

The specific page for their mail services is

http://www.andreani.com.ar/institu/a...eo/home1-1.htm

The website includes descriptions of their various packaging and shipping options, the delivery times to various locations, etc. I was also pleased to note that they are partners with UPS.

Most of their "offices" listed on their website are actually their agencies, which are typically incorporated within kiosks, locotorios, etc. However, they do have a main office downtown that is staffed with their own uniformed employees. The address is Suipacha 272, near the three way corner of Sarmiento & Pena.

I paid 12 pesos for next day delivery to Junin.

Thanks,

Jackson

Posting Limitations