Thread: Newbie question on apartment rental.

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by ToledoGuy

ByTargentina

I have used ByTargentina and have not had a problem with anything. There was someone there to assist in communication since I am not fluent in Spanish and the owner was great. Also, the ByT rep gave me a phone number in case I had any problems.

I had no problem with the deposit being returned.

I think it all depends on the owner.

Suerte,

Stowe

Talking Never Had A Problem With Them

I have used them four times. They were always on time upon my arrival and were on time for my departure. Anyone can screw up. I always made sure that if I was leaving at a normal time and checked in with them the day before. If I was leaving at an odd hour in the morning I had them come the afternoon before. The one concern I always have had when giving someone a cash deposit was getting fake bills back. I always check the deposit to make sure it is real when the return it and have gone to the point of asking for the actual money I provide. I go to the point of providing them with an envelope with my name on it and write my initials on the bill. I know if would be very disconcerting to have that happen. Hope you enjoyed your stay. Did you have the apartment in Recoleta where the bed is elevated on a little platform and is surrounded with mirrors? This was smaller that I thought it was but could not complain since they did state the apartments size on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverm
    I'd forgotten about this thread. Now that I have found it, I feel an obligation to report.

The apartment was in a great location, off Cordoba just a block from Club Jaz, one of my favorites. The price was very reasonable, so I was not disappointed that the apartment seemed smaller than the pics. The staff working in the building varied from great to morose, but that was OK with me, too. Everything in the apartment worked, and I had wired Internet access.

The big problem was that the guy who was supposed to return my deposit did not show up at the agreed-upon time, so I had some anxiety as I headed to the airport. Several emails and almost two weeks later, it finally worked out, and I received a Western Union check for what I was due. But, of course, none of us want this kind of hassle, because life has enough hassles. We go to Argentina to avoid hassles and have a ball.

Interesting fact: The owners of the apartment were just as upset with BytArgentina, the rental agency, as I was. The bottom line is that I was dealing with totally honest people, but one guy just blew it for everyone by not showing up. There's a pattern here: he did not show up with the key when I arrived, so I had to call several numbers at the locutorio to track him own. But the tracking down strategy did not work when I needed my deposit returned.

Retired Member

Smile

If you use Victoria at Reynolds Properties you won't have that problem.

Everyone rents the same apartments, all the rental inventory is in one huge rental pool.

Exon

============================================

Hi Exon123 and Riverm,

If you rent my apartment you won't have that problem either because I can accept your credit card as a deposit.

Thanks,

Jackson

BytArgentina: I will not repeat

I'd forgotten about this thread. Now that I have found it, I feel an obligation to report.

The apartment was in a great location, off Cordoba just a block from Club Jaz, one of my favorites. The price was very reasonable, so I was not disappointed that the apartment seemed smaller than the pics. The staff working in the building varied from great to morose, but that was OK with me, too. Everything in the apartment worked, and I had wired Internet access.

The big problem was that the guy who was supposed to return my deposit did not show up at the agreed-upon time, so I had some anxiety as I headed to the airport. Several emails and almost two weeks later, it finally worked out, and I received a Western Union check for what I was due. But, of course, none of us want this kind of hassle, because life has enough hassles. We go to Argentina to avoid hassles and have a ball.

Interesting fact: The owners of the apartment were just as upset with BytArgentina, the rental agency, as I was. The bottom line is that I was dealing with totally honest people, but one guy just blew it for everyone by not showing up. There's a pattern here: he did not show up with the key when I arrived, so I had to call several numbers at the locutorio to track him own. But the tracking down strategy did not work when I needed my deposit returned.

I will make a report after the trip if there is interest in a.

Newbie posting.
    I want to encourage you to post. For new visitors, your impressions and experiences are probably more valuable than those of long-time residents or frequent visitors. Seeing a place with a new set of eyes can sometimes reveal interesting insights that otherwise get ignored.

It's done

Thanks, guys. I booked the apartment. It's a block from Club Jaz.

And Cafe Orleans. I will make a report after the trip if there is interest in a newbie posting.

Also, when doing incall I'll usually remind the girls to dress normally and not look like crackhos coming to my building. This is usually not necessary though, most of them know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
    Hey, Hunt, we *all* give you the same rating.
    Nah. Just you, Dickhead, and that jealous doorman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt99
    Along this line, one time my doorman offered me this rating. I'm not fluent in Castellano. What could have he meant? That she was a real dog?
    Hey, Hunt, we *all* give you the same rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Moore
    Never heard of problems with chicas in an apartment. I live in a pretty nice building in Recoleta and often have whoares coming in, sometimes with me and other times as delivery. Sometimes the doorman, using fingers, will give me a 1 to 10 chica rating the next time I see him. You will find that prostitution is generally an accepted part of normal life here.
    Along this line, one time my doorman offered me this rating. I'm not fluent in Castellano. What could have he meant? That she was a real dog?

After reading the recommendations of One Tree Hill and Jaimito Cartero,

I made a reservation with BytArgentina. The question is: should I ask if the property is monger-friendly? If I show up at 6:00 AM. Or 1:00 PM with a lady or two with short skirts and low tops, will a doorman or owner of the property give me a hassle? If I should raise the issue with the rental agency, how do I do it politely?
    As long as you're not having loud obnoxious parties, I don't think you will have any problems. You do need to respect that other tenants live there, and not try to fuck *before* you get on the elevator.

Never heard of problems with chicas in an apartment. I live in a pretty nice building in Recoleta and often have whoares coming in, sometimes with me and other times as delivery. Sometimes the doorman, using fingers, will give me a 1 to 10 chica rating the next time I see him. You will find that prostitution is generally an accepted part of normal life here.

Quick question on rental

After reading the recommendations of One Tree Hill and Jaimito Cartero,
    I made a reservation with BytArgentina. The question is: should I ask if the property is monger-friendly? If I show up at 6:00 AM. or 1:00 PM with a lady or two with short skirts and low tops, will a doorman or owner of the property give me a hassle? If I should raise the issue with the rental agency, how do I do it politely?

Thanks much. I'll be in BA in March for a week. Can't wait.

ToledoGuy, if you're dealing with Roxana, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. She has discreetly and professionally handled financial transactions for me in the past in amounts far greater than you're talking about. She's been taking care of things for mongers, beginning with Jackson himself, for a long, long time.

So, from my experience, I can assure you not to worry. Now, if you deal with somebody else (unknown to me) who has such requirements, my advice would be different.

Apartments

For all the rentals I did with ByTArgentina.com I paid a booking fee ($20 last year, $25 this year), plus the full rental fee, and one week's deposit.

Keep in mind that most people would prefer to rent directly to you, as ByTArgentina also gets a percentage out of the owner (At least 10%, maybe more).

I've never had a problem getting the full deposit back. The apartment I stayed at in Recoleta was a moderate sized studio. No view, small ass shower that will leak into the other room if you run it full strength. It was also a bit noisy (You could hear when people come and go, and the elevator as well). However, the location was fine. The manager provided me with a cellphone with the initial 50 pesos on it, and was pretty good about fixing anything that was wrong.

The other problems didn't bother me much. If you want to stay out of Recoleta, you can save even more.

She said it was going to normally be $190 a week, but I paid $170. It's just around the corner from Madahos.

I'm renting a nice sized 2 bedroom from the same lady next month in Congreso for $240 a week.

I'm not trying to push this lady or anything, but if you want her contact info, just let me know.

Posting Limitations