Thread: ATM's

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

ATMs are worthless

If you want to get the best rate, use western union and transfer yourself cash. They'll give you the blue rate and you can even use a coupon to get rid of the WU transfer fee.

Atm

OK, let's skip the praise of having a Schwab card. Anyway, an ATM at AEP airport dispensed me maximum ARS 5,000 and the machine fee was ARS 420. The taxi fare was ARS 175 and the fee 420. Are they high? Pun intended. Santander declined transactions. HSBC dispensed maximum ARS 4,000 again with the same 420 fee. I think it's the highest I have ever paid to withdraw cash. Any suggestions on higher amounts, lesser fees etc?

Winner 2017 Noob of the year

How much did you try to withdraw? Try a lower amount. I have had consistent luck with Galicia, BBVA, HSBC, IBC, able to get 5000 pesos. I have had poor luck with Citibank, Banco Provinica, Banco Nacion, etc. Probably wherever you are there are some that are better than others. Some of the other ones either are out of money, or don't allow amounts more than like 3000. Also try to withdraw earlier in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoccs  [View Original Post]
    I was not able to get cash from ATMs in the past couple of days.

Tried the both the Banelco and Link machines, with a Chase debit and a BOFA debit, with no luck, got a "We cannot process your transaction" message?

I could get $AR 4000 per transaction last week.

I anybody experiencing this issue in BA recently?

BR.

Issues getting cash from ATMs lately?

I was not able to get cash from ATMs in the past couple of days.

Tried the both the Banelco and Link machines, with a Chase debit and a BOFA debit, with no luck, got a "We cannot process your transaction" message?

I could get $AR 4000 per transaction last week.

I anybody experiencing this issue in BA recently?

BR.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBob  [View Original Post]
    Are atm's dead and no longer usefull?

Max pesos out at one transaction? Charge per transaction? Exchange rates?

Any current info would be appreciated?
    Currently what I have managed is 1500 per transaction.

Exchange rate is up to your bank and probably around $60 pesetas in fees + your banks (U$D5).

(side note 4 years a go a colleague in a competitive company got $10 bills from the ATM when it should have been $100. Never hear about it since but no one I know took out money at the airport again.).

We have found that the city center is pretty safe as long as it is a populated area with a lot of transactions.

But if you are here for work and working on a big site they probably have ATMs on site and they would be the preferred ATMs to use.

Cheers.

True, those three towns have Welsh influence but where you really get to see the colony is in Dol Avon and Tre Felin. Welsh tea shops, Welsh spoken on the streets and so on. And believe it or not, the Welsh language is still strong. The colony is the only other place in the World they keep the Eisteddfod. A sort of yearly competition for poetry and singing and so on where they swap choirs etc with the Welsh eisteddfod. They also have ATM machines there and you can withdraw 1500 pesos at a time from most of them! There are some very pretty girls but I don't recommend the area in general for mongering.

Formosa is one of the few provinces I have never been to but I have repeatedly been told there are some really gorgeous chics there. I bet that in most of the populated areas there are ATM machines. Though I would suspect that in the Chaco-Formoseño jungle they may be few and far apart!

There are (at least) three towns in Argentina that have Welsh influence, which form a triangle with legs of maybe fifty clicks or so, very roughly. Trelew, Puerto Madryn, and Rawson. These are in the province of Chubút. Here you have many tall, green-eyed women. I was in Trelew for Mardi Gras in 2008 and it was quite interesting. I think this is one of the more liveable areas of the country. I do not believe that there remains much of a Welsh speaking community, though. Near Bariloche in Río Negro you have Colonia Suiza where they make cheese and that community has retained German to a fairly significant extent. I went to a restaurant there where you could pick out your own fish from the retaining pond, select what greens you wanted them to go pick for your salad, and so forth. Formosa has probably the highest average looks of any of the 19 provinces I have visited, which is good because it is spectacularly uninteresting otherwise. And there are NO fat chicks there.

And, to stay on topic, there are ATMs in all of these places.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Dr Head arfe there any ladies in ba who your would consider calling dr head?

JeJeJe-good to see you are coming back for a visit.

I came here to escape from the Welsh lasses. Even the sheep are better looking. So I'm not going to start looking for them here! Again, you got it only half right. Yes, in Cordoba you have German (escaped Nazi) settlements but even today they don't mix much with the locals. The Germans, Swiss, Yugoslavs, Italians that settled in Misiones etc. Are from long before the war and they DID mix, creating the extremely good looking darker skinned blue-eyed beauties that are so common there.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aqualung For This Post:

I Know That.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    You are just showing your ignorance when you say shit like that. As an example, Formosa and Misiones both have large numbers of tall blondes because the Germans and Swiss were there. Dickhead's María is from Santiago del Estero and she is taller than you are. Luciana from Oro is from Salta and is just gorgeous. Oh and wait a minute; a certain someone you are promoting is from Misiones and / or Corrientes depending on her mood at the time.

Have you been to any Other provinces in Argentina? Have you been to any Other South American countries besides Argentina? I like short indigenous women. They have flat heads you can rest your beer can on while they are sucking you off and they don't even need to bend down.
    I know that there is a large amount of ex- NAZIS that came to Argentina and settled in the places that you point out and that there ARE gorgeous girls outside of BA but I was talking about something else.

Up north near Cordoba there is a small town where they celebrate Octoberfest every year but I can't remember the name at the moment.

It was setteled by Germans and they have a bunch of breweries.

During the 30's and 40's and even later they hung those funny looking flags out of the windows.

And I'm sure that there were some non-party members that moved to BA years before DH.

My personal favorites are from the north because they are the same thing as a Paraguayan girl with just a river separating them and they are Pocahontas look a likes.

I absolutely prefer brunettes with tan lines!

Hey Aqua Lung, tells us about the Welsh and Irish colonies in Argentina where they speak their own languages, etc.

Maybe Patagonia somewhere?

Sheep herders?

Sounds right.

Anyway, there is still a shitload of 5 footers!

TL

Probably the prettiest women in the country are from Misiones. I know many very pretty Salteñas and some of my favourites are Correntinas. To say that in the provincias you only have 5 foot indians is a gross mistake. Don't forget that most of the girls working in BA are from the provinces (mostly North) or from bordering countries. There are beautiful women also in the South but I have never found one ¨working¨. The working girls I have known from the southern provinces are mostly of very unattractive Chilean Indian descent. The prettiest working girl I have ever seen in my life was in Bariloche but she was a porteña working there.

You are just showing your ignorance when you say shit like that. As an example, Formosa and Misiones both have large numbers of tall blondes because the Germans and Swiss were there. Dickhead's María is from Santiago del Estero and she is taller than you are. Luciana from Oro is from Salta and is just gorgeous. Oh and wait a minute; a certain someone you are promoting is from Misiones and / or Corrientes depending on her mood at the time.

Have you been to any other provinces in Argentina? Have you been to any other South American countries besides Argentina? I like short indigenous women. They have flat heads you can rest your beer can on while they are sucking you off and they don't even need to bend down.

Atm

Now that's funny. R2

But DH!

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    If I find anything new to post about when I am in BA next month I might do so, but I ain't got much time so I'd be kinda surprised if I do much of anything but fuck past favoritas and maybe Camila and / or Romina (best value in BA as of when I left in December and super nice gals). As far as pricing goes, the basic equation is the more Spanish you speak, the lower the price you pay, adjusted for factors like are you a big fat douche bag and so forth.

But I will be sniffing around some fresh ground, four totally ignored provinces, and also will be back in Salta, so maybe I will post some when I'm up there. Or not since I am not bringing a computer or a phone or anything. It could be I won't find anything at all. I did some mongering in Formosa province last year which I could have posted about but it wasn't that compelling and few people would ever want to go to the places I went to. I was in that town closest to Asuncióand, Clorinda, for example. Don't ever go there. I have been to 19 of the 23 provinces in Argentina and if you want to give the country an enema, you should stick the nozzle right in Clorinda. The entire town smells like onions and garlic and the stray dogs there reminded me of watching The Milagro Beanfield War On acid. I did see one streetwalker there and she looked like she had been dumped out of a vacuum cleaner bag.

Also I would say that for newbies who have military experience and / or big brass balls, go to the military towns of Río Gallegos and Comodoro Rivadavia, particularly the latter.

Blah blah blah the good old days but I really miss Oro and the streetwalkers on the Florida Mall. And when you could buy beer 24/7, and when the government fixed the price of Brahma at 1, 55 per liter for a year or so because it was part of a basket of "basic goods." Eventually a woman president becomes a bad thing for mongers. We could have survived one term but that's about it.
    But DH,

Do you not end up with 5 foot fucking Indians when you go to the Provincias?

You lose the gorgeous, green. Blue eyed, Italian babes from Recoleta and Palermo in C. F?

You end up with Pocahontas Types which are great at times but not on a daily basis .

And my MOTHER would not approve!

The LAST thing she wants is a female grandchild with a fucking MUSTACHE!

TL

If I find anything new to post about when I am in BA next month I might do so, but I ain't got much time so I'd be kinda surprised if I do much of anything but fuck past favoritas and maybe Camila and / or Romina (best value in BA as of when I left in December and super nice gals). As far as pricing goes, the basic equation is the more Spanish you speak, the lower the price you pay, adjusted for factors like are you a big fat douche bag and so forth.

But I will be sniffing around some fresh ground, four totally ignored provinces, and also will be back in Salta, so maybe I will post some when I'm up there. Or not since I am not bringing a computer or a phone or anything. It could be I won't find anything at all. I did some mongering in Formosa province last year which I could have posted about but it wasn't that compelling and few people would ever want to go to the places I went to. I was in that town closest to Asunción, Clorinda, for example. Don't ever go there. I have been to 19 of the 23 provinces in Argentina and if you want to give the country an enema, you should stick the nozzle right in Clorinda. The entire town smells like onions and garlic and the stray dogs there reminded me of watching The Milagro Beanfield War on acid. I did see one streetwalker there and she looked like she had been dumped out of a vacuum cleaner bag.

Also I would say that for newbies who have military experience and / or big brass balls, go to the military towns of Río Gallegos and Comodoro Rivadavia, particularly the latter.

Blah blah blah the good old days but I really miss Oro and the streetwalkers on the Florida Mall. And when you could buy beer 24/7, and when the government fixed the price of Brahma at 1, 55 per liter for a year or so because it was part of a basket of "basic goods." Eventually a woman president becomes a bad thing for mongers. We could have survived one term but that's about it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Posting Limitations