Thread: ATM's

+ Submit Report
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Venues: 8
    I went to the ATM on the ground floor of the Village Recoleta yesterday after seeing a movie. I have been stuck consistently pulling only 300 ARS from ATMs since the beginning of the year, when I was able to pull out as much as 2500 ARS.

I have three different cards. 1, a business card, is a Mastercard on a regional bank called Trustmark. 2, a personal card, Visa, from Bank Of America. 3, another personal card, a MasterCard form PayPal.

I tried all three cards at the Recoleta ATM. Card 1 was limited to 300 ARS. Card 2 actually allowed me 600 ARS. Card 3 allowed 700 ARS! I would have pulled out more from card 3 to test how high it would go, but I had a small balance available in PayPal.

Earlier in the day, I was at a Link ATM on Cordoba near Maipu. With card 1, the one that was limited to 300 ARS at Recoleta, I was able to pull out 600 ARS! On that one, the first time since around the first of the year that I could get out more than 300 anywhere.

I have spoken with the companies who issue each of my cards and they have told me that they have no limit beyond what the bank limits on withdrawing money at ANY location around the world. The limits that I am hitting are all related to local policy and there's nothing they can do about it.

I thought as some have posted that perhaps on days, or at different machines, that they are limiting the transactions for various reasons.

What cracked me up and showed me that there is something strange with ATMs here was that at ONE SINGLE LOCATION I got three different results. The first card I used gave me the lesser money, and the second card I used gave me the most. It doesn't make sense to me.

Problems at customs?

When entering Argentina with more than us $10,000.

Will I have any problems in customs if I declare the amount I'm bringing?

===========================================

Hi Summerguy,

Your questions isn't really about ATMs, so I've re-posted it in the thread titled "Bringing cash through Argentine Customs"

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...ead.php?t=5015

Thanks,

Jackson

ATM

I have noticed that all banks have different limits on different days and depending what dates. For example a lot of people get paid on the first. The banks near me put a lower withdrawal limit on the first so everyone does not suck the machine dry in 2 hours. I have noticed I cannot withdraw 700 pesos, but 600 always seems to work. Of course I with draw 600 pesos two three or four times in a row until the machine goes tilt! Some days one bank won't work while another does. Some days I think the red is down and you can't get money anywhere. What you need to remember is the machines are not reliable and you need to keep a small reserve incase you can't take money out when you need it.

I can only withdraw 300 pesos a time. I was really worried in the beginning before I found out about this maximum amount because everytime I tried to withdraw 600 and I kept getting the messages 'you exceeded your daily limit This happened on all 3 bank cards I tried so I thought I was in deep shit. Until I read this beautiful forum! Then I tried 300 and it worked, ending all my worries about money

Not to worried about the daily limit set by the US bank, its the corp card and I remember the daily limit being entirely more than I could spend in day (be fun trying though) I think I've only used the one ATM the whole time I've been here so I'm going to try a different type and see whats up.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppo
    Have been in argentina about three weeks now and have had maybe 5 trips to the ATM. Only able to pull 300 AR$ at a go, I belive the ATM I have been using is a Banelco one. Going to try different amounts tomorrow along with multiple transactions. Gotta love the service charges.
    I am usually able to withdraw 650 ARS in one transaction at any of the ATMS. However, multiple transactions are allowed and it depends on the daily withdrawal limits set by yourself in your home country at time of opening the account. It can be anything from 500 USD to 2500 USD.

I set my daily limit as 1000 USD in my home country and I am able to make several withdrawals of 650ARS each from same ATM within 5 minutes or so. I use Visa plus.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    Have been in argentina about three weeks now and have had maybe 5 trips to the ATM. Only able to pull 300 AR$ at a go, I belive the ATM I have been using is a Banelco one. Going to try different amounts tomorrow along with multiple transactions. Gotta love the service charges.

Quote Originally Posted by BadMan
    The answer to the first question is " Yes "

The answer to your second question is " It depends on the particular bank, but you can open an account as a foreigner, you would need to provide international banking records in some banks. "

The answer to your third question is " It depends on the particular bank and the type of account you want to open ".

The dollar amount you can travel out of Argentina with is U$S 10,000, unless you get specific permission from the AFIP, that or you get creative.

I can tell you from first hand experience, the bank account requirements vary depending on the bank and your particular situation.

Your best bet is to call a few and ask.

Regards,

BM.
    Bad,

I called one of the largest banks in Uruguay and they walked me through the very simple process of opening up a bank account in dollars. All the necessary paperwork the bank requires I have ready to hand. Also, they have a branch office in Colonia. I called the branch office to verify the process just to make sure it didn't have different policies based on the perception of the local manager. The women I spoke with gave me the same information.

Muchas gracias.

Facundo

The answer to the first question is " Yes "

The answer to your second question is " It depends on the particular bank, but you can open an account as a foreigner, you would need to provide international banking records in some banks. "

The answer to your third question is " It depends on the particular bank and the type of account you want to open ".

The dollar amount you can travel out of Argentina with is U$S 10,000, unless you get specific permission from the AFIP, that or you get creative.

I can tell you from first hand experience, the bank account requirements vary depending on the bank and your particular situation.

Your best bet is to call a few and ask.

Regards,

BM

Quote Originally Posted by Facundo
    I recall a discussion regarding that one can open a bank account in Uruguay in US$ Dollars. Is this true? If so, what is needed to open the account? Is there a minimum amount that must be deposited to open the account? What is the amount of dollars one can travel with from Argentina to Uruguay?

Any information will be appreciated.

Facundo

Bank account in US$ Dollars in Uruguay

I recall a discussion regarding that one can open a bank account in Uruguay in US$ Dollars. Is this true? If so, what is needed to open the account? Is there a minimum amount that must be deposited to open the account? What is the amount of dollars one can travel with from Argentina to Uruguay?

Any information will be appreciated.

Facundo

Dodger

In the words of Voltaire (or perhaps Evelyn Beatrice Hall) "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" (With all due respect to MSCE, he's not a citizen so I won't defend his rights until my CIC tells me to do so)

Just because I have a wide stance (as you may have noticed in the men's room at Newport) doesn't mean I'm not straight. Although, I do book all of my trips to Bs As with a connection through MSP.

Speaking of which, I am back in Bs as 8/4. I owe you and yooshin a round. Are either of you still in town?

WW

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus9
    Time to pay the bloody rent
    To quote Gilbert Shelton's "Freewheelin' Franklin" of the famous Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers: "Screw the rent. Score a kilo of grass."

Citi bank

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus9
    Time to pay the bloody rent and accessing cash out of the ATM. I use only the ATM machines that are full fledged Citibank - no Banelco. My US account is Citibank and they're now nicking 2% on a withdrawal to help them pay off those failed mortgage papers they perpetrated. The inititation of the 2% on international withdrawls was timed to their humbling trip to Dubai for 16 bil.

Have always been able to pull 3,000 pesos in one go from the Citi ATM at Callao / Alvear (U$1,000/ day limit) but now it's only 2,950 p which I ascribe to the weakened US dollar.

Does anyone have experience with maximum withdrawals using other than Citibank cards on Citbank's ATMs here?
    Yes today at the same Citi bank. With a Master card issued by another bank. Could take out 1800 peso.

Another Oxymoron

Straight Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt99
    Military Intelligence
    A good friend of mine said that Military Intelligence it's to Intelligence what Military Music it's to Music.

Posting Limitations