Thread: Travelers Checks

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    You will get fucked in the ass on the exchange rate.

Lightbulb AMEX Travelers checks

Back in Apr.-May while I was there, I had brought some AMEX TCs because I was also concerned about ATM's. Anyway, I was able to cash TC's at Banco Frances without any problems, just remember to bring your passport (has to be a passport) There is also an AMEX office in Barrio Norte but I don't recommend you go there unless you are prepared to wait in line at least an hour and you also have to register there first so you have two lines to wait in. The only advange to registering is if you are living there or will be there a while. Apparently they do this so when you do use their services it enables them to provide faster service and replace missing TC's easier bla bla bla. Again not worth it for the casual user of services.

Just my opinion!

El G

Any info on getting travellers checks cashed at exchanges / cambios? Is this a no-go? I've got friend who purchased TCs in advance because he doesnt want to use his ATM card when he gets here.

I appreciate it.

VNY

Traveler's Checks???

When I visited BA in late 2004, I noticed it was hard for me to cash traveler's checks (except the Sheraton where we were staying). Many of the cafe's would rather me charge it on my credit card than take a traveler's check. Is that common?

Administrator

Venues: 398

Travelers Checks

Thread Starter.

Posting Limitations