This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Still works for me

I ate at Broccolinos twice in the past 2 weeks. Still as good as I recall from past trips some years back. I can't speak to costs...not so familiar with the alternatives for proper comparison. Authentic Italian in my opinion.

Only on Suipacha

They closed the entrance on Cordoba.

The expanded on Suipacha at 768 and 776.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpot  [View Original Post]
    And its too fucking expensive !!!!!!!!!!

And a cubierto for nothing.

Jackpot.
    Prices have gone up, making other Centro options more attractive, but it's consistently packed for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy2  [View Original Post]
    Nobody goes there anymore, it is too crowded.
    And its too fucking expensive !!!!!!!!!!

And a cubierto for nothing.

Jackpot.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackpot For This Post:

Nobody goes there anymore, it is too crowded.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy2 For This Post:

Below Par x2

Stopped in twice last month and thought the food was less good. Has me rethinking my long held impression of a very solid choice in a convenient Centro location. The house calamari in a lemon, garlic, onion sauce, rather than fried, is what usually gets me in the door and while still good, it was less so on both trips, one as a starter and the other as a main dish. Full portion is up to 195 pesos.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Personally I've never been that impressed with Broccolinos.
    Neither have I, but today was the worst. Instead of walking 2 blocks from my office and paying 120 pesos for what they served me today, I'd walk an extra 4 blocks and go to La Stampa or take a cab to Circulo Italiano. It will cost me more but at least I'll be happy with the food.

You shoulda wrote me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe23  [View Original Post]
    Had not eaten here for about a year, but walked in today to have some pasta. Ordered Spaghetti Bolognese aldente and a bottle of water. Nothing more.

Spaghetti came slightly overcooked but edible, and I told myself that I'm eating in an average restaurant in Buenos Aires and this is something that happens once in a while, and finished the plate without making complaints.

Asked for the bill and they charged me 99 pesos. 65 or so for the spaghetti, and 20 something for the water, and, 13 for the "Servicio de la mesa". This did NOT include tip for the waiter, so in the end it added up to about 120 pesos for an overcooked plate for Spaghetti Bolognese plus water.

This place was never excellent but at least it used to be within acceptable range. It has deteriorated and I will NEVER repeat.
    I'm about the same distance away and I have a jar of home made Bolognese in the fridge. You coulda got out of here for a lot less than 120 pesos brother. Personally I've never been that impressed with Broccolinos.

Has changed. Never again.

Had not eaten here for about a year, but walked in today to have some pasta. Ordered Spaghetti Bolognese aldente and a bottle of water. Nothing more.

Spaghetti came slightly overcooked but edible, and I told myself that I'm eating in an average restaurant in Buenos Aires and this is something that happens once in a while, and finished the plate without making complaints.

Asked for the bill and they charged me 99 pesos. 65 or so for the spaghetti, and 20 something for the water, and, 13 for the "Servicio de la mesa". This did NOT include tip for the waiter, so in the end it added up to about 120 pesos for an overcooked plate for Spaghetti Bolognese plus water.

This place was never excellent but at least it used to be within acceptable range. It has deteriorated and I will NEVER repeat.

I usually get take-out from Broccolino once every two days while in town. I was here past two days in a row. The prices went up to 30-45% overnight. I have the old and new take-out menus. Some of my favorite pastas, Bolognese went from $15 to $22, Profumo di Mare from $30 to $39, Marinara from $22 to $30. Stella Cerveza from $9 to 13. Granted, this is their first price hike since at least the beginning of this year.

Sido's Rant

Yo Sido,

Do you realize you have slammed Cigar Eric's favorite Pasta joint!

He frequents this place 3 maybe 4 times a week and never seems sick.

What gives?

Jackpot

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyg50
    Way below average food, totally uninspiring and overpriced for what you get.
    Esatto! Sono perfettamente d'accordo! My mother would chase me with a rolling pin if I ever went back to this place.

Can't believe this dump has got a thread of its own.

Way below average food, totally uninspiring and overpriced for what you get.

Guess the never ending flood of hapless gringos passing through keeps it going.

Maradona's Pasta

Had a quick lunch at Brocolinos and as usual it was packed. Took a friend's advice and ordered the Maradona Pasta. I was not disappointed as it lived up to Maradona's name. One of the best I had in Buenos Aires.

Value for money, Brocolinos is still a good choice amongst the numerous Italian restaurants scattered all over the city.

Thumbs up Smokers

Broccolinos now has a smoking section, you enter it from Esmeralda a couple of doors toward Viamonte from the non-smoking section. Last night the smoking section was about 90% full, and the non-smoking section was about 1/3 full at 10pm.

Posting Limitations