This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Meh

Broccolinos was all right, but nothing to get excited about. Went there on a whim because it was close and had kind of a kitschy look about it. I much preferred "La Parolaccia," but it's really in an entirely different league. I had to go to La Parolaccia as soon as I saw the name—it means "the naughty word" in Italian.

Thumbs up Good suggestion from Sportsman!

Sportsman suggested that Punter and I join him for supper at Broccolinos for an Italian meal. He ordered an appetizer of Calamari in special Broccolinos seasoned sauce. I have to admit, it was VERY tasty. I have eaten here many times in the past with other mongers and even taken some of my chicas there, and sampled numerous items from their Salmon to their pastas and I have always found the food to be good. The service is sometimes slow, but the waiters are usually attentive and pleasant! I do want to recommend that someone looking for a fairly priced Italian meal, to try Broccolinos.

Between Fazzoli's and Olive Garden

I have quite a bit of experience trying to find great Italian food in BA. Brocollino's isn't it. It's OK if you want a belly full of pretty bland food. No real Italian creations here, but the price is right and the food is passable. Believe me, there are much worse choices that can be made, and some of them are ranked pretty high on the www.guiaoleo.com.ar website.

My suggestion (or tastes, if you prefer) in the neighborfood is Filo's at San Martin 975. More Italian Fusion than traditional Mama Italiano, but their pizza is very authentic (marguerite)

Mostly good food, pretty slow service

I ate here a few days ago with Jackson and Silvina. I had never eaten here before, but was mostly satisfied with it. It was very crowded, and the service was painfully slow and incomplete. They also had a major leak (Or AC condensation draining) in their entryway which was pretty cheesy.

An appetizer was ordered, and then 5-10 minutes later they came and said they were out. Instead we got some deep fried muzzerella squares. Of course by the time we got them, they weren't hot enough, and no sauce with them.

I got the deluxe lasagne, which was a good portion, and tasted great. Some of the bread in the bread basket was actually warm!

They do have a non smoking section, which is always nice. Moderately priced. Most entrees in the 15-30p range.

Hi guys.

I ate here one night but was hoping for something a little nicer. Just a cheap little Italian restaurant that had pretty mediocre food. I ordered the bruchetta and it was probably the worst that I have ever had. The tomatoes were just huge slices from a regular tomatoe, not diced or prepared in nicer fashion that I have always seen in restaurants here. The pasta was average. It is cheap but I am looking for a more upscale experience that I can't afford in the USA when I go out to eat there.

The Pasta war stories

Well it looks like I have my work cut out here, besides DH and Spaussmussein's contributions I've been advised secretly as follows:

"I don't post any longer on the forum because it is not password protected and has caused me some problems, but I still read and respond sometimes...

about Italian food:

Some of my favorites are:

Piegari in Retiro, near the 4 seasons hotel
    Il Matterello in San Telmo
    La Parolaccia in Puerto Madero (or Belgrano or Palermo)
    Gulia in Belgrano (in the Same block as Sucre)
    and for a neighborhood eateries....
    Proscciutto, Junin 289
    Bella Italia Cafe y Bare in Palermo...ask for the luncheon special...some of the best pasta in the city in my opinion...

Enjoy"

I tried the Il Gatto in my neighborhood on Callao but it didn't excite.
    Piegari, so many flash Argentines watching each other it made me dizzy. I have no idea what I ordered.

Someone gave me another name "Pinocchio" as guaranteed good Italian. Haven't found it yet.

It's pretty amazing really - pasta, boiling water, good olive oil, garlic and fresh grated Reggiano Parmigiano or even grana can be a thrill.
    It's the less is more concept which just like a lot of American "Italian" restaurants, they don't get. 100's of years recipes worked to perfection but they've gotta improve them. Basta! all ready.

I have eaten here about 7 or 8 times and I give it a high 6 to a low 7. I have not encountered overcooked pasta. I don't understand any rave reviews of it, though. I think it is a good value althought they have raised their prices a couple of times. They use too much salt. The service is good but what annoys me is they never have any of the decent wines on their list and if you order one, instead of simply telling you it is not available, they will return with a much more expensive one, talk it up, and try to sell you on it. No.

Even though the difference in price between the "half" portions and the "whole" portions is almost insignificant, order the half portion anyway unless you are a total oinker, or were recently released from a concentration camp.

I'm sure I will eat here again and enjoy it but I certainly hope it is not the best Italian restaurant in Buenos Aires. I don't bother eating at too many Italian restaurants because that is one of my favorite cuisines to cook at home. Their lasagna is very good, for example, but I would give mine the edge.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Strange probs...

...if you order "al dente" you will always get it the Italian style in "Broccolino". I am eating there at least twice a week and just once I had a problem as they had too much work and the kitchen produced not the best food.
    With the new (since 2 Years) chain "Il Gatto" you have an alternative for best Italian food. You will find them in Puerto Madero, Callao (close to Santa Fe) and two of them in Corrientes. I always prefer the noodles with shrimps (16Ps) after a good entrada (10Ps) an a bottle of "Mercier" champan (28Ps).

What did I miss?

Admittedly I've only eaten here once based on someone's "let me take you to my favorite Italian restaurant", but the night I was there no self respecting Italian would jingle the silverware. Pasta overcooked and the sauce like glue. It wasn't just my plate, same dish on another's looked the same.
    It's hard to have even a mediocre meal in Italy, but what happened when they got off the boat here is a mystery. Maybe they left Mama in Sorrento. It's hard to find an Italian restaurant here that gets it right.

It is really...

...the best Italian restos in Buenos Aires and the best friendliest place for tourists. The waiters are trying speak fluently english and the food, whatever you like, is great. There were times, I was almost "living" in that place...

I also like this place and yes the calamari is very good.

Funny thing is I was once in there and they had some sort of electric problem were all the lights went out in the smoking section. Long story short, I finish'd my meal right as it took place, the little old man (owner?) came over and said the meal was on the house. Gotta love that

Broccolinos - Microcenter - Cordoba 810

Cordoba 810; another enterance on Esmerelda around the corner.
    Italian cooking,reasonable prices.
    If you like calamari,try the house specialty CALAMAR BROCCOLINO.
    Prepared with white wine,onions and lots of seasoning,you won't find any better!

Posting Limitations