Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    Here are some alternatives:

A multiple listing: http://www.som.com.ar/

Guide to many realtors in BA:
    http://ar.dir.yahoo.com/Zonas_geogra...y_martilleros/

Another search engine: http://www.argenprop.com.ar/index.asp

www. Homes. Com. Ar

Anyone have any info on www.homes.com.ar, aka reynolds propiedades. Com. Their apartment sales "list prices" seem extremely high relative to other quotes.

Has anyone rented any of their apartments? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz
    If you do deal with an Argentine, photocopy the bills you bring and on a seperate sheet of paper also list the serial numbers. Then stand over their shoulder as the check off the bills from your sheet. Make them list the numbers of the bills they are holding as a deposit and insist on getting these same bills back when you leave. The ways they will rip you off are uncountable. Also go through the apartment with a fine toothed comb, they tried to make him pay for a small hole in a closet wall of a room he ended up not even using. Note any damage no matter how slight on the the inspection sheet of the contract and make sure they sign it and don't lose it no matter what or they will redecorate their apartment with your deposit.
    That's awfully expensive for 2 months, isn't it? I do agree with your photocopying idea. I often will lay out all my large bills and take a picture of them. I've never had any problems with fake bills, but I find it does help to be somewhat cautious. I also will split my money/credit cards into 2 or 3 different stashes, in case I get ripped off. This has helped once. (In the US, on a business trip!)

Arrow Apartment Ripoffs

I work for an airline and can always get hotel deals so I don't use the apartment option but a buddy of mine rented an apartment for two months from an Argentine company and got fucked over pretty badly. The terms were that he would bring the 2 months rental and deposit in dollars so on his way down he got U$S 3,400.00 out of the B of A in his home town. He met the agent at the apartment and gave him 34 100 dollar bills. As the agent was counting the money he inspected the apartment. When he was done the agent had set aside 6 100 dollar bills and said they were counterfit sending my buddy to the bank for more pesos and effectivly forcing hime to accept U$S 600.00 in counterfit money. My buddy knew he had been screwed but what could he do? It was pay the money or hit the streets in hope of finding some place to stay. Personally I think one of the major advantages to dealing with Jackson is because you wont have to risk this kind of shit.

If you do deal with an Argentine, photocopy the bills you bring and on a seperate sheet of paper also list the serial numbers. Then stand over their shoulder as the check off the bills from your sheet. Make them list the numbers of the bills they are holding as a deposit and insist on getting these same bills back when you leave. The ways they will rip you off are uncountable. Also go through the apartment with a fine toothed comb, they tried to make him pay for a small hole in a closet wall of a room he ended up not even using. Note any damage no matter how slight on the the inspection sheet of the contract and make sure they sign it and don't lose it no matter what or they will redecorate their apartment with your deposit.

Administrator

Venues: 398

Rental Apartment Ripoffs

Thread Starter.

Posting Limitations