This blog is moderated by Lewemoc
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewemoc
    A friend has recommended the Puerto Madero Sofitel. Not where I was looking first, but I never turn down a recommendation without reviewing it. Has anyone had any experience with this hotel?
    The Sofitel is a great hotel. Excellent breakfast. Safe area (uniformed police all over) but the area doesn't really have much character. Plenty of resturants in Puerto Madero although I find them overpriced.

Talking Business class hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Lewemoc
    I will be looking for a business class hotel somewhere near the Pacific Galleries Shopping Mall. I will be on an expense account and needing to entertain customers, but also would like to avoid absurd charges and find something guest friendly.

Any recommendations?
    Hotel Horizonte is a "business class hotel", just ask the chicas at Orleans cafe..

Dave

Madero Sofitel

A friend has recommended the Puerto Madero Sofitel. Not where I was looking first, but I never turn down a recommendation without reviewing it. Has anyone had any experience with this hotel?

Damn near all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Donsat
    please email a list of girl friendly hotels.
    It's Argentina bubba, the night guy on the front desk will probably call you and ask you if you want company if your sleeping alone.

Some may charge you a bit extra if you bring company, most will want to see he DNI, the good ones will call you and make sure your ok before she leaves if you don't walk her out. If they do confirm your ok and unrobbed, a propina (5-10 pesos) is appropriate.

I've never been in a hotel where professional prostitutes were not allowed. Don't know about any hostels.

list of girl friendly hotels

Please email a list of girl friendly hotels.

not management but standards

When I spoke of S American or N American biz hotels I was thinking more along the lines of poshness. In the EEUU, biz hotels are pretty nice, Raddison, Hyatt et al. In S america they are where businessmen stay.

The Hotel Presidente is nice and right across the street from Excedra. About 4 or 5 blocks from the Galaria Pacifico.

Loi Suites Esmeralda is full of businessmen, small rooms, very cheap, a stones throw from the triangle and a short walk from the Galaria. On Marcelo T de Alvear entre Suipacha why Esmeralda.

Across the streets is the Aspen Towers, their best room is built for orges with a 6 person hot tub in the bathroom and a bed that will sleep 4 comfortably.

Retiro isn't bad just don't do a lot of walking at night wearing rolexes. But it's further away from G P.

Anything in Micro Centro is close to the GP but get a room high away from the street.

Thanks Niko. Retiro is the area around the Pacific Calleries Center?

OK so if you would recommend Recoleto then what hotels?

Daddy, my associates there are all Argentine, but I am open to either Latin or American managed hotels.

Yes, Sheraton libertador is 100-150 USD.

You have the holliday in which is about 70 USD

Lot's of choices also. But you have to be sure about the location. At night, the Retiro neighborhood is not what I'd recommend. Prefer Recoleta if you have the choice.

Business Hotel

An American style business hotel or a South American style business hotel. I have several recomendations for you but the differance is critical.

When my plane was delayed last year, I got put up at the Sheraton Libertador and it seemed nice. In the general vicinity. I had a chica with me, and didn't get any extra charges, but I checked in with her, and the airline was paying for it. I believe it's in the $100-$150 range normally.

Need a hotel in Cordoba San Martin area.

I will be looking for a business class hotel somewhere near the Pacific Galleries Shopping Mall. I will be on an expense account and needing to entertain customers, but also would like to avoid absurd charges and find something guest friendly.

Any recommendations?

Posting Limitations