Thread: Gyms and Health Clubs

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Her name is Sandra and is bilingual and has excellent references

Her name is Sandra and is bilingual and has excellent references.

Can somebody recommend me a good female masajist. A normal girl / woman and not a hooker.

I prefer if she can come to my home or she is located near Microcentro, Puerto Madero.

Mongers-

A few weeks ago I renewed my Megatlon membership for another year to the tune of $85 AR per month. The rates are very screwy at these places, several people have told me they were quoted $300 AR for a one month membership at the Alto Palermo branch. I think negociating with these gyms is like negociating with chicas in that if they know you speak spanish, live here full time and know the score, they will not try to fuck you over as much. An important clue when joining Megatlon: the only way to get the best rate is to use a credit card, if you pay cash the rates are much higher for reasons that I am unaware of.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Quote Originally Posted by Hemin
    There is a very good one in Montevideo (just corner with Vicente Lopez square) the place is upscale and has very good facilities. The trainers are good and dedicated. The monthly fee for the gym is 120 (all days) and the trainers must be about 35 per hours.
    This is Deporte Total which I happened to visit today. Price is unchanged with other plans at 100 (8 visits per month) and 110 (12 visits per month)

The one kicker is that you need a medical certificate for $50. They have an on-site doctor that does them on Monday mornings. She said it was a requirement for all health clubs but it's the first time I've heard of it and I've belonged to 5 or 6 clubs in the last couple of years. Either it's a new requirement or most clubs ignore it (shocking!

Or you can buy a day pass at the Park Hyatt ($250) or Alvear Palace ($350 including a 1 hour massage) Which doesn't really seem very practical approach for most of us.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SmirkyBiscuits
    Close! PITA (acronym) Pain in the ass. Example: She's a great lay, but then there's the PITA factor.
    Funny how your definition and my first one are close.

If you find crossing 9 July a PITA and are close to Ave. De Mayo here is a little trick figured out by us public transit users. Enter the supte station on either side and then follow the signs to transfer to either the A or C line. A to C if your going from Cerito to Pelegrini or the reverse Peligrini to Cerito. It's a great way to cross the street when it's raining. In the rain the tunnle floods so your shoes get wet but they would have outside anyway.

PITA. Not just for gyros anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz
    What is a PITA factor.

Put It in a Tight Ass?

Pussy Is Tempting Always?
    Close! PITA (acronym) Pain in the ass. Example: She's a great lay, but then there's the PITA factor.

?

Quote Originally Posted by SmirkyBiscuits
    Yeah, I really like that gym, but I find a certain PITA factor in crossing Avenida 9 de Julio, so I'd rather not go that way. Is anyone familiar with olimpia cancilleria? It bills itself as a squash and racket club, but it also has weights and the like.
    What is a PITA factor.

Put It in a Tight Ass?

Pussy Is Tempting Always?

Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276
    Meglaton at Riobamba and Areneles is only a 15 minute walk from the Plaza. Very upscale and clean. But as with all gyms here, going at 7 or 8pm means there will be a crowd.
    Yeah, I really like that gym, but I find a certain PITA factor in crossing Avenida 9 de Julio, so I'd rather not go that way. Is anyone familiar with olimpia cancilleria? It bills itself as a squash and racket club, but it also has weights and the like.

Meglaton at Riobamba and Areneles is only a 15 minute walk from the Plaza. Very upscale and clean. But as with all gyms here, going at 7 or 8pm means there will be a crowd.

Le Parc

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy
    Le Parc is at 645 St. Martin. It has a pool as well as the standard machines.
    Last time I was in town I got a monthly membership to Le Parc and I thought it kind of sucked. It was large, but it was often mobbed and the free weights were a bit on the lousy side. Besides, the whole place just seemed a little grungy. I was in the San Martin Park area, so I think it was the best place that was close. Someone let me know if I'm wrong.

Standard rates about 130p / month. Busy from 1-3pm and then again after work hours. Best time is from 9-12:30.

Need more Info

Thanks for that info.

Any idea about the monthly pricing.

Do they have the standard rates or gringo prices.

Thanks.

SM

Le Parc

Le Parc is at 645 St. Martin. It has a pool as well as the standard machines.

Looking for a nice gym in centro

Hi Guys.

I am coming to BA for a month and staying near Esmeralda and Lavalle.

Does anybody know of a gym within the walking distance?

I would prefer one with the swimming pool.

Thanks.

SM

Gym in Recoleta

There is a very good one in Montevideo (just corner with Vicente Lopez square) the place is upscale and has very good facilities. The trainers are good and dedicated. The monthly fee for the gym is 120 (all days) and the trainers must be about 35 per hours.

Posting Limitations