Thread: Gyms and Health Clubs

+ Submit Report
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Megatlon Barrio Norte update

Mongers-

They have actually fixed some of the broken / malfunctioning equipment in here, but the electricity still goes out from time to time, which means you have to walk up / down several flights of stairs. Also, now I noticed there are always groups of rugby players in there, all they do are retarted leg exercises, which they do not even do correctly. The same front desk employees and "profesores de musculacion" as usual. The place is still filled with a disproportionate fag / hot chick ratio, which obviously sucks.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Billy,

You got a bad price. Complain, it should be around 100 monthly. Send in a cute Chica as your price checker!

Well Club also has cheaper prices if you sign up for six months. I think 60 p per month, but you also have to agree to automatic debit to a credit or debit card.

Monger-Weightlifters-

I just returned from Megatlon (on Rodriguez Pena) where I renewed my membership for the price of $75 AR per month, totalling $450 AR for six months. I don't know if I got the "Dirk Diggler" or musclehead / spanish speaker discount or something, but it looks like you boys got RIPPED OFF.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Megatlon

180 on a monthly basis does sound steep. They quoted me the 400 for three months or 150 a month on a month to month basis in January -March of this year. I took the 400 deal as I was in BA for nearly 3 months. I think the prices and offers change about weekly. It would be interesting to see what the charge would be with a local spanish speaking person doing the calling or inquiry.

Just got back from Meglaton in Recoleta. Nice gym, modern equipment. The price I was quoted was 180 Pesos on a month to month basis. 3 months for 400 Pesos. I am supposed to be here for three months but am not sure so I will probably go for a month to month, but 180 sounds mighty steep. Maybe others will have better luck with the prices as I was not shown a price sheet, they may have just pulled a number out of their asses. Later

Mongers-

I will be re-joing Megatlon on Thursday, April 6, so I will be able to give an updated report on prices, hours, quality of girl, amount of fags, etc. I expect to be quoted the same, $90 AR monthly rate that I paid previously, but I will will post any changes.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

In between those two in price and quality is Well Club, which has about five branches in Recoleta and Barrio Norte, including one on Rod Pena between Santa Fe and Arenales. Last price I knew of, as of January, was 75p per month. Lots of good looking gals working there and not all those fags you find at Megatlon.

Billy32, check your PM's.

I checked out a couple of gyms today. Megatlon on Rodriguez Pena near Santa Fe is 140 Pesos per month. Hours are 8AM until 10PM. I don't know why, but from their website I get the impression the weight room was open 24 hours Monday through Friday. That I was wrong is not surprising, my Spanish comprehension leaves a bit to be desired. The weight room was nice, a good selection of free weights and machines. Looked modern enough for me.

The other gym was Olimpia on Esmerelda 1000 block. Not too great compared to Megatlon but not too bad either. Small weight room sandwiched in with some cardio equipment. Mostly free weight with a few machines. Not as modern as Megatlon. 70 Pesos per month, hours are 700AM until 10PM.

Talking

Then of course there's Marak5, who works out and works out and works out but still can't seem to bulk up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails marak5.jpg‎  

Mongers-

Megatlon Recoleta is located on Arenales between Riobamba and Callao, if I remember correctly. If not it is within a half block of those coordinates. Moore, if you really want to know my training regime, you can PM me and ask.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Question Megation Arenales

Which block of Arenales is Megation? I just moved to Arenales, entre Rodriguez Pena why Montevideo. This location might be made to order for me.

Thanks.

The dog

Megatlon- Rodriguez Pena

I got a long term membership plan here back starting in August 05, cost $90AR per month. There is a pool, aerobic room, masajes, and a center of aesthetics, none of which I have utilized. La salon de musculacion, the weight room, is the only thing I use her, Monday-Friday. A fairly good sized weight room, has a high ceiling with a surrounding second floor catwalk where there are treadmills and exercise bikes that look down on it. The machines are not too old, they have 3 flat barbell bench press, 2 incline bench, 2 smith machines, 2 preacher curl, 3 lat pulldown and two different kind of leg press machines. Also there are 3 racks for doing squats, deadlifts, bentover rows, shrugs, etc.

My complains about this place is that there is no air conditioning (Megatlon on Arenales has it) and that the setup is not designed for a person of my weightlifting capabilities / preferences. For example, the flat barbell bench press rack has the resting pins (where you put the bar when you are not pressing it) that are much too narrow for my wingspan, which makes it a pain in the ass to grip the bar where I need to, which takes a toll when going very heavy. Also, the preacher curl resting pins are too narrow, and the thing is not bolted down so it slides while I am curling unless I weigh it down with at least 80 kilos.

Another complaint is that there are not very many really beautiful women that go to this place- there are some- and there are a ton of fags that go there also. The trainers in this place look like they haven't lifted a weight in their entire lives.

Overall, this is a decent gym, I actually prefer it to Megatlon Recoleta because the weightroom there is too small IMO and the machines are very close together, which cramps my style.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

http://www.wellclub.org/home2.htm

$AR75 for a single. I checked out the Megathlon in Alto Palermo Shopping and while I thought it was nicer, they wanted $AR150 for a single month.

I used Neos last time and agree with the comments posted. I always went outside the busy hours because it was so crowded. I'm in Palermo this trip or I'd be using Neos again.

Clubs in BA are definitely downscale from clubs in the you. S. Much smaller with older and more limited equipment.

Posting Limitations