Thread: Argentine Economy

+ Submit Report
Page 101 of 130 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1942
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by exon123
    The second case, a Drug Dealer, again with a spotless record. He was never with in a mile of his Drugs. Always paid someone else to do his dirty work. Was driving down I-10 not all that far from the Mexican border. He's pulled over and they find $45,000 in cash in his car. He got 3 1/2 years with the Fed's.
    This was the point where Exon quit doing that for a living.

ROTFLMAO!

Jackson

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt99
    However, if just about anybody in the US comes into contact with the authorities carrying that much money, you can be 100% certain that he will be investigated immediately - the DEA, IRS, and FBI will all take turns inspecting the sphincter of anybody caught carrying this much money.

There are very few legitimate reasons for someone to carry that much cash around, either internationally or domestically. There are many more illegitimate reasons, beginning with drug money and ending with buying politicians, which seems to be the case with the Venezuelans buying the Argentinan leadership.

My only question is to wonder why this customs agent didn't just mysteriously disappear before news of his discovery leaked out. The Argentine secret police is getting sloppy. Probably need to import more advisors from Caracas and Havana, where they know how to handle little embarassments like this. Venezulean and Cuban reinforcements for K's thugs are doubtless being dispatched even as we discuss this.
    Thank You Hunt,

Finally a voice of reason. I've just had a hard time getting threw too these Mongers that you just can't run around with $800,000 in cash.

That kind of money is "Red Meat" to our varrious law enforcment agency's. They love it when a case like this comes up. Its easy to investagate and has all the makings of political intrigue and corruption that they so love to fuck people up with.

Mr Wilson, the "Bag Man" has got a big problem. Once the incendent was published in the New York Times the Fed's have no choice but to jump all over it. Wilson's problem starts with he can't return home to Miami. Soon as he goes threw pass port control "Bingo" they've got him. Next he'll have to "Roll Over" on what the real deal is so he does less time.

The Fed's have very high tech computer systems just to track money. A friend of mines daughter did just that. Top Secret clearence she spends all day everyday tracking "Hot Money" around the world. Doesn't matter the country where it came from or where it's going they can track it.

There really arn't any secrets anymore.

Exon

This is a REAL corruption scandal with alot more zeros that IS worth talking about.

On 1 December The Daily Telegraph ran a front page headline suggesting that Saudi Arabia had given the UK ten days to suspend the Serious Fraud Office investigation into BAE / Saudi Arabian transactions or they would take the deal to France "

On 14 December 2006, the Attorney General Lord Goldsmith announced that the investigation was being discontinued. The 15-strong team had been ordered to turn in their files two days before. The statement in the House of Lords read:

" The Director of the Serious Fraud Office has decided to discontinue the investigation into the affairs of BAE Systems plc as far as they relate to the Al Yamamah defence contract. This decision has been taken following representations that have been made both to the Attorney General and the Director concerning the need to safeguard national and international security. It has been necessary to balance the need to maintain the rule of law against the wider public interest. "

" On 26 June 2007 BAE announced that the United States Department of Justice had launched its own investigation into Al Yamamah. It specifically was looking into allegations that a US bank had been used to funnel payments to Prince Bandar. "

" In a newspaper interview, Robert Wardle, head of the Serious Fraud Office, acknowledged that the decision to terminate the investigation may have damaged "the reputation of the UK as a place which is determined to stamp out corruption. "
    I guess it is much easier to think that the only unjustifiably corrupt ones are those you disagree with politically. But generally your at home politics are just as dirty if not much more so. The only difference is, as illustrated here, US and UK politicians know better than to seriously investigate their own politicians and corporations. Why? because as it is stated here, it is against the national interest to aire out their own political and corporate dirty laundry to the world and what's more, they don't REALLy want to know what is going on behind closed doors. No need to disappear anyone, just make them believe they are doing the nation good by lying to it so others ( national corporations and their government lackeys ) can profit.

Bad

Not that I have $800K in spare cash laying around

However, if just about anybody in the US comes into contact with the authorities carrying that much money, you can be 100% certain that he will be investigated immediately - the DEA, IRS, and FBI will all take turns inspecting the sphincter of anybody caught carrying this much money.

There are very few legitimate reasons for someone to carry that much cash around, either internationally or domestically. There are many more illegitimate reasons, beginning with drug money and ending with buying politicians, which seems to be the case with the Venezuelans buying the Argentinan leadership.

My only question is to wonder why this customs agent didn't just mysteriously disappear before news of his discovery leaked out. The Argentine secret police is getting sloppy. Probably need to import more advisors from Caracas and Havana, where they know how to handle little embarassments like this. Venezulean and Cuban reinforcements for K's thugs are doubtless being dispatched even as we discuss this.

800K is nothing, US and UK corruption scandals are measured in the BILLIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    BundaLover.

You'll never know that $800,000 dollars in cash really is.

I do. Exon
    If that where really true, you would be laughing right along side me at the pittance you are talking about, BAE is being investigated for corruption and bribery charges in connection with tens of BILLIONS it funneled to many Saudi princes. Now that is bribery and corruption charges worth talking about. And what happened with the official British investigation?

On 1 December The Daily Telegraph ran a front page headline suggesting that Saudi Arabia had given the UK ten days to suspend the Serious Fraud Office investigation into BAE / Saudi Arabian transactions or they would take the deal to France "

On 14 December 2006, the Attorney General Lord Goldsmith announced that the investigation was being discontinued. The 15-strong team had been ordered to turn in their files two days before. The statement in the House of Lords read:

The Director of the Serious Fraud Office has decided to discontinue the investigation into the affairs of BAE Systems plc as far as they relate to the Al Yamamah defence contract. This decision has been taken following representations that have been made both to the Attorney General and the Director concerning the need to safeguard national and international security. It has been necessary to balance the need to maintain the rule of law against the wider public interest. "

" On 26 June 2007 BAE announced that the United States Department of Justice had launched its own investigation into Al Yamamah. It specifically was looking into allegations that a US bank had been used to funnel payments to Prince Bandar. " END
    It seems the british government had a very lucrative oil for guns and euro typhoons contract that was negociated under the table with the Saudis and they were paying bribes in order to recieve those contracts. Oh and BTW, US banks were facilitating all the illegal international wire tranfers. So what else is new? BUSINESS AS USUAL.

And you're getting all hyped up about $800,000? This is a JOKE right? Something to post about when you aren't telling everyone you do this or that " shit " for a living, bragging about seeing 800K in cash, or pimping a new con artist hooker on us that you swear is really your " friend ". Like I said, you couldn't even bribe a supreme court judge for that. So stop bragging about seeing 800,000 in cash, If at your age, that is something to brag about, you must have done something wrong.

Bad

Legal Tender 2

There seems to be a basic mis-understanding of the law in regard to the rights of people. The facts are as follows.

If the police believe an offence has been committed, they can arrest the person suspected, seize the evidence, prosecute and then after they obtain a conviction, the evidence, (in this case the money) will be returned to it's rightful owner or confiscated if it is the proceedings of a crime. No proof and no conviction, it all gets handed back with apologies and penalties for wrongfull prosecution.

The onus of proof is on the prosecuting authority.

The suspect has the right to silence and only needs to provide sufficient information at a trial to refute the accusations.

There is a huge jump from driving down the highway with a trunkfull of money, to a plea bargaining deal with prosecutors. As someone remarked, there appears to be a lot missing in the middle.

Some of the guys on this forum appear very unworldly if they think there is no reason for people to have a lot of cash on hand. Many people have lots of cash and it's their choice to do so. The best reasons of course are availability and privacy. When I last looked at the statutes, neither of these were a crime.

Retired Member

BundaLover.

You'll never know that $800,000 dollars in cash really is.

I do.

Exon

800k cash US? Who gives a fuck when the take on construction contracts and consessions in Argentina funds millions and millions of payola to Menem's 32 cousins and kids and son in law.

Argento & BadBoy your both full of Shit.

The second case, a Drug Dealer, again with a spotless record. He was never with in a mile of his Drugs. Always paid someone else to do his dirty work. Was driving down I-10 not all that far from the Mexican border. He's pulled over and they find $45,000 in cash in his car. He got 3 1/2 years with the Fed's.

Exon
    Almost beyond logical examination with this one. The virgin drug dealer set-up scam again Exon? Gosh I wonder if the Feds (DEA? Had mister experienced / virgin drug dealer under observation?

Do you think the prision term had anything to do with the DRUG dealing or just the X cash in the car?

Argento & BadBoy your both full of Shit.

First case, the guy, a "Bagman" was driving up I-5 in Northern California. He's pulled over by the highway patrol and they find $750,000 in cash in his car. He couldn't explain where it came from and he got 10 years in a Federal slammer.

Exon
    The leap of faith has taken place.

A) Pulled over by CHP.

B) Some undisclosed magic hand is applied and a federal agency prosecutes and has a US federal court proceeding and.

C) Federal prision.

Nothing missing from this story EXCEPT that 99% of the middle. Anybody smell bullshit?

My money's on business as usual. But you can keep dreaming,

Bad

Retired Member

BadBoy you don't have a clue,

Suppose your right and the Arges just "White Wash" it over and its business as usual.

That isn't going to happen with the Fed's in this country. By the time their threw investagating Wilson they'll know the name of his first grade trachers dog. They'll have gone threw every bank account hes ever had and found the sorce of funds he's deposited.

This will lead to questions Wilson can't answer since $800,000 is just to big a number. Its got to lead to some form of corruption, one way or another both Wilson and someone else is in trouble.

Exon

Quote Originally Posted by Badboy13

It doeasn't matter the country or the political party in control, you can't babysit everyone.
    Ok then, however, we get to MY agenda.;) Babysitters, definitely not. Too many fucking babysitters as it is. And as we all know, too many of them can be bought and / or compromised as well. No, I want crooked assholes like this guy and his greasy slimeball buddies prosecuted to the fullest extent of any law that applies. These people are nothing but a pack of monied, entitled sociopaths, who are infrequently prosecuted, and, if prosecuted, infrequently convicted. And, if convicted, yes, they usually get babysitters.;)

Dogg,

Do you honestly think that I for one minute believe he was actually coming to Argentina to buy property? I am just giving one of a million reasons he could give for having the money. The point isn't that he came to buy something legitimate, the point is I can't prove otherwise.

Bad.

About the political angle, I don't really see it, I actually brought this topic up here on AP, because I thought it was funny some guy would have the balls and the stupidity to walk into a country holding a briefcase containing $800,000 dollars in manicured bills, only declare $60,000 and not expect to get searched for more.

Corruption will happen no matter who is in office, in any country, nothing gets done without greasing the wheels. That is why I didn't make it a political talking point, because, simply stated, the political angle is irrelevant, looks at the corruption during Menem's term, or Andres Perez' term, Bush's term. It doeasn't matter the country or the political party in control, you can't babysit everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Badboy13

And as Dirk just very perceptively stated, In Latin America, Cash Is King, Wilson was coming down to buy property, buy a business, and so on.
    Bad,

For an intelligent, articulate fellow (and with whom I usually agree on most geopolitical questions) I am surprised at this comment. I expect you have read what has been written about this affair. If Wilson was coming to Argentina to buy a property or business I'll eat your hat (assuming you don a chapeau from time to time) And, if he was doing one or the other it was only to wash money. Now, I am not taking aim at Venezuela politics, Argentina politics or politics in South America in general. Anybody who doesn't live in a bubble of denial knows the USA is home to oodles of corruption and fraud just like their southern neighbors. But in your rush to avoid finding fault with Chavez, Kirchner et al, you are missing the boat on this one. Those folks were up to bad business, no doubt about it. If it was not money laundering, it was a contribution to a slush fund (probably both) Hey brother, don't let your ire with the knee jerk USA defenders cloud your judgement!

Saludos-Dogg

Posting Limitations