Thread: Argentine Economy

+ Submit Report
Page 49 of 130 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    There has been high inflation since 2006.

Venues: 8
    Quote Originally Posted by MataHari
    The 30s are also known in the north american history for the emergence of the crime industry.
    Not all over the country - in the northeast predominantly. And many of those grew out of prohibition and other illegal activies, starting in the 20s. The Depression helped it along, sure. Wasn't the reason for it. And look at Vegas in the mid-40s, particularly in the 60s and 70s - well after the Depression. Or mob violence in southern Florida in the 60s and 70s after Castro took over Cuba. Again not depression-related, nor desparate citizens looking for a way out.

In southern states, kidnapping is developping fast. Even in repressive environment (record inprisonment rate in western democracies) it s easily understandable that the threat of misery can lead desperate armed individuals to criminal acts. Since they don't have anything left to loose.
    Well, in the South adjacent to Mexico, yes. And it has nothing to do with desparate times, it has a lot to do with the drug war that is going on and has been going on sometime. And it's being done by drug cartels, not desparate citizens trying to figure out a way to get money.

In Japan for example, known for the discipline of its population and respect for authority, ruined pensioneers are turning hoolingans. Nothing comparable to gang criminality, but a simple expression of despair due to becoming outcasts, undesired in the society they contributed to build. Imagine if weapons were easily accessible.
    I don't know about this - I haven't seen anything on it. However, I'd say maybe that's more a sample of what happens when a society is too restrictive and in bad times doesn't have a better outlet. I really couldn't imagine old pensioners in the US roaming the streets like hooligans (really can't imagine it in Japan either)

Quote Originally Posted by El Queso
    And look at the Great Depression in the US. People weren't exactly going nuts in and killing each other in the streets. It went on a helluva lot longer than two years.
    The 30s are also known in the north american history for the emergence of the crime industry.

In southern states, kidnapping is developping fast. Even in repressive environment (record inprisonment rate in western democracies) it s easily understandable that the threat of misery can lead desperate armed individuals to criminal acts. Since they don't have anything left to loose.

In Japan for example, known for the discipline of its population and respect for authority, ruined pensioneers are turning hoolingans. Nothing comparable to gang criminality, but a simple expression of despair due to becoming outcasts, undesired in the society they contributed to build. Imagine if weapons were easily accessible.

This is not that bad, tourism is going down but Argentina is probally doing better then most of the rest of the world.

Venues: 8
    Matahari, I don't know where you're from. I want to say that most people who are not from the US can't understand why we support the right to bear arms. It may seem like chaos or anarchy.

But the foundation for that system is supposed to be, along with self-defense, to give the government something to think about.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson.

The problem is that the US government has gotten too big for an armed insurection by its populace, most likely. However, I wouldn't give up that right for anything.

And look at the Great Depression in the US. People weren't exactly going nuts in and killing each other in the streets. It went on a helluva lot longer than two years.

Isn't that the reality in most of the rust belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye
    Matahari, with all due respect, that is by far the dumbest post I have read herein.
    This is inevitable, we are all the "dumb" of somebody. Valid arguments might help me understand your point of view tho.

I don't recall any armed insurections during Carter's term.

Indeed, long term unemployment is not organised there to avoid social unrest. 2 years with an unemployment rate over 10% would lead to serious anger, in a country where holding weapons is a constitutional right.
    Matahari, with all due respect, that is by far the dumbest post I have read herein.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hernandez
    But the US would not invent those figures, atleast they have not done this untill now and I doubt they ever will.

I do think that the USA does have other things to worry about then high inflation in 2011.
    Indeed, long term unemployment is not organised there to avoid social unrest. 2 years with an unemployment rate over 10% would lead to serious anger, in a country where holding weapons is a constitutional right.

Very true, but just wait one year or two and you ll see inflation kick in in the US at double digits. This is the only way to balance their accounts and pay back their creditors with funny money. Long term interest rates are already rising even tho the economy is still in recession.
    But the US would not invent those figures, atleast they have not done this untill now and I doubt they ever will.

I do think that the USA does have other things to worry about then high inflation in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hernandez
    After I read denial of high inflation (which is not so high anymore) I found out you were talking about Argentina and not of the US.
    Very true, but just wait one year or two and you ll see inflation kick in in the US at double digits. This is the only way to balance their accounts and pay back their creditors with funny money. Long term interest rates are already rising even tho the economy is still in recession.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    ''Nationalizations, lack of credible government, dubious capital repatriation scheme, high level of debt and slowing growth, lack of consumer demand and private investment, denial of high inflation, and corruption.'' ---BA Herald
    After I read denial of high inflation (which is not so high anymore) I found out you were talking about Argentina and not of the US.

Grouper?

Quote Originally Posted by QuakHunter
    Next to Grouper, Walleye is my favorite fish.

Great job.
    Like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grouper - Copy.jpg‎  

The peso will weaken to 4 per dollar

Great Lesson!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye
    That $250 is the "freebie" the crack dealer gives you the first time in order to get you hooked.

It is tough to refuse if it's just sitting there on the dining room table when you open your mail. Hmm.$250. I could buy an ipod, have one room in the house painted or perhaps donate it to Acorn. But then you start thinking about STIMULUS. That $250 today is approximately AR$925 which could be put to stimulative uses such as (approximately) 13 half hour trips to 343 Uraguay, 9 half hour visits to 1707 Ste Fe, 3.7 hour sessions (cola included) at 1633 Junin, or 1 night out at Madahos. Hard to pass up that little "gift" sitting there when you think of what you could do with it. All of which seems very stimulative. Until you look deeper.

Out of one US tax dollar, less than 5% is spent on programs such as this. Therefore, at best, that $250 started off as $5,000 (AR$18,500) in the hands of the taxpayers, from whom it was extra-constitutionally confiscated. Had it been left in the hands of its righful owners (not according to BHO) it would translate into 264 half hour trips to 343 Uraguay, 185 half hour visits to 1707 Ste Fe, 74 hour sessions (cola included) at 1633 Junin, or 20 night out at Madahos. Now that is what I would call stimulus. So much so, that no more stiumulation would be needed (at least for a little while)

The only thing that gets really stimulated in the first case is the expansion of government. There is no defensible logic (consitent with the Constitution) whereby it makes sense to run dollars through the government apparatus in order to give it back to the 'taxpayers' so that they can spend it to stimulate the economy. Americans love to spend, leave a dollar with an earner and you will get a $0.95 of spending (accounting savings) give a dollar to the government and you will lose $0.95 in the bureacracy and get $0.05 of actual spending.
    Next to Grouper, Walleye is my favorite fish.

Great job.

Posting Limitations