Thread: Argentine Economy

+ Submit Report
Page 8 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

No Future

Quote Originally Posted by Spassmusssein  [View Original Post]
    maybe its good time to leave now for a country with future.
    In the last 100 or so years has Argentina had a future? The only things keeping the country from being a complete basket case are cows, corn, and soy. It certainly is not the people.

Tres3.

I see the dollar has gone up by about 15 centavos since I posted this morning. Decent wine is really getting ridiculously cheap.

Macri is too far to the right for me personally, but he is a bright guy and undoubtedly aware that any time you have a parallel black market in a currency, a devaluation is inevitable. Argie pride notwithstanding, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    The currency market did not seem to react at all to the mayoral election as ambito.com is showing 14.07 over 14.22 which is very similar to Friday. Anyway, it would seem to me that a right wing victory would strengthen the currency rather than weaken it. That would be particularly true, I would think, if the election augurs a Macri victory in the presidential election, which is what the argie newspapers are saying.
    Most of the polls have Macri behind Scioli DH, though the pollsters sure missed the close race for mayor yesterday. In addition Macri has more than hinted at eliminating currency controls if he is elected, meaning a likely devaluation of the peso.

The currency market did not seem to react at all to the mayoral election as ambito.com is showing 14.07 over 14.22 which is very similar to Friday. Anyway, it would seem to me that a right wing victory would strengthen the currency rather than weaken it. That would be particularly true, I would think, if the election augurs a Macri victory in the presidential election, which is what the argie newspapers are saying.

For discommoded beach lovers

NO beaches in Medellin.

For those beach lovers 'stuck' in Medellin there is an inexpensive fix. For under $80us one can bump up their suntan in Cartagena with a R-T fare on http://www.vivacolombia.co.

Flights from Cali marginally higher. How about a long weekend in Lima? Or Panama City? All for short money.

NO beaches in Medellin.

I still have a lovely "girlfriend" in Cali..."Esther"
    Cali is as well a very good place.
    "Esther" worked in Frankfurt "Bahnhofsviertel".

Lets check it out and come back here in 8 years o so.
    No good beaches to speak of here either..... Besides its much easier to find a REAL girlfriend in Medellin!

But-

Quote Originally Posted by ElPerro  [View Original Post]
    Nearly everybody I talk to says Medellin is the better bet. A good friend was just there and reports nice privado chickees for $20US or less. Perfect weather.
    NO beaches in Medellin.

I still have a lovely "girlfriend" in Cali..."Esther"
    Cali is as well a very good place.
    "Esther" worked in Frankfurt "Bahnhofsviertel".

Lets check it out and come back here in 8 years o so.

With todays mayors elections, Buenos Aires and his "oposition" showed, they are unable to govern.

An useless, unsuccessfull ex-banker and ex-minister showed barely the way downstairs.

Argentina so will have an one-handed ex-motonauta as President (maybe just a few weeks), usd tomorrow will be 16 + x.

And maybe its good time to leave now for a country with future.

Columbian girls (aside the Paraguayans) always had been a good choice.
    Nearly everybody I talk to says Medellin is the better bet. A good friend was just there and reports nice privado chickees for $20US or less. Perfect weather.

Time to leave...maybe Cartaghena?

With todays mayor´s elections, Buenos Aires and his "oposition" showed, they are unable to govern.

An useless, unsuccessfull ex-banker and ex-minister showed barely the way downstairs.

Argentina so will have an one-handed ex-motonauta as President (maybe just a few weeks), usd tomorrow will be 16 + x.

And maybe it´s good time to leave now for a country with future.

Columbian girls (aside the Paraguayans) always had been a good choice.

Why Argentina Consistently, and Unapologetically, Refuses to Pay Its Debts

Reneging is a way of life in Argentina. The government applies the P.T. Barnum axiom "There's a sucker born every minute", and lenders oblige.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-ar...040104696.html

Tres3.

Is that Quilmes Cristal? Cristal or "normal" Quilmes is not on the Precios Cuidados program. Only Quilmes 'Bajo Cero' is. Also Biekert liters and Schneider pint and 12 ounce cans. But Schneider is too nasty even for me. Bajo Cero ain't too bad.
    Cristal, the others I did not notice. I buy Bud from the "deposito" at 13.35 a bottle, I dont care for Quilmes too much.

Is that Quilmes Cristal? Cristal or "normal" Quilmes is not on the Precios Cuidados program. Only Quilmes 'Bajo Cero' is. Also Biekert liters and Schneider pint and 12 ounce cans. But Schneider is too nasty even for me. Bajo Cero ain't too bad.

The "precios cuidados" for beer went up this week: Biekert to 12,00 a liter and Quilmes Bajo Cero to 12,60. I did not notice if liters of "Uvita" wine, which is also price fixed, went up as well.
    Out here in the boonies Quilmes is around 15 pesos in the supers. I guess price control only works in the city?

Little Guy Beating the Tax Man in BA

I went in to the local bakery to buy some worthless carbs and the bill was $48.00 pesos.

Normal .

The fully legalized income tax recording , sales tax , cashier , sales receipt spitting machine rang the sale as $4.80 .

I looked at the owner and I said that he would not be able to stay in business otherwise.

He agreed.

Nice little trick.

TL.

Posting Limitations