Thread: Argentine Economy

+ Submit Report
Page 99 of 130 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1942
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

What a surprise, some negative propaganda\inuendos about Latin American leaders

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    Concerning ''Links''--anyone can search and find support for any loco idea that he may savor. You are the classic practitioner!
    Is all I have to say.

Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276
    Tigre, you are close but not quite there. The cases revolved around a Trooper, then Sheriff - Bob Vogel. He started out as a trooper working the I95 run southbound in Volusia county Florida because the money went south and the drugs went north.

He allegedly did alot of profiling but because it was a new approach and there was not alot of precedent. What would happen is he would stop a car with two occupants for a minor violation (of course there were reports he was spotlighting the cars as they went by) and separate them. Their answers never matched and then he would call in the drug dog who would find the money. The occupants would deny it was theirs, since they denied ownership it would be confiscated. Very few arrests were ever made. The mules were happy to drive off. Obviously they were not upstanding citizens. There are alot of probable cause issues and one that arose was the permission to search was always asked for at the conclusion of the traffic stop and ticket issuance. The occupants would be told something like you are free to go and then the deputy would ASK if it would be okay to check the car for drugs. Most people always agreed not realizing that their detention was over and they were free to leave or refuse further questions or searches.

After many years the court cases started to water down the whole system, especially after he was elected Sheriff and set up teams to follow his progam and there were a few abuses. Eventually the whole thing dried up. But not until the SO's office had received alot of money over the years added to their special operations budgets. Another problem arose when the county council wanted to use some of the money to reduce the Sheriff's budget and he rightfully pointed out that confiscated funds under state law could only be used to enhance operations, they could not be used for normal operational expenses. Lots of new uniforms, cars, 40 cal, autos, boats, overtime, training, etc. Thanks drugs dealers!

Believe me 99.9% of the money confiscated was enroute to Miami for cocaine.
    So speaks a voice of reason and experience. Very few people cart around briefcases full of cash for legitimate reasons. When they do, and are asked about it, they tend to be able to provide immediate, reasonable answers (Wells Fargo deliveries, bank couriers, diamond merchants, government operatives, real estate closings probably constitute a vast majority of the legitimate cases).

Those who say "It's my right to carry around 800 grand in cash, so fuck off!" are technically right - there's nothing illegal about it. But I'm not stupid, and neither are cops. In such a situation, expect people's suspicions to be legitimately raised.

Tigre, you are close but not quite there. The cases revolved around a Trooper, then Sheriff - Bob Vogel. He started out as a trooper working the I95 run southbound in Volusia county Florida because the money went south and the drugs went north.

He allegedly did alot of profiling but because it was a new approach and there was not alot of precedent. What would happen is he would stop a car with two occupants for a minor violation (of course there were reports he was spotlighting the cars as they went by) and separate them. Their answers never matched and then he would call in the drug dog who would find the money. The occupants would deny it was theirs, since they denied ownership it would be confiscated. Very few arrests were ever made. The mules were happy to drive off. Obviously they were not upstanding citizens. There are alot of probable cause issues and one that arose was the permission to search was always asked for at the conclusion of the traffic stop and ticket issuance. The occupants would be told something like you are free to go and then the deputy would ASK if it would be okay to check the car for drugs. Most people always agreed not realizing that their detention was over and they were free to leave or refuse further questions or searches.

After many years the court cases started to water down the whole system, especially after he was elected Sheriff and set up teams to follow his progam and there were a few abuses. Eventually the whole thing dried up. But not until the SO's office had received alot of money over the years added to their special operations budgets. Another problem arose when the county council wanted to use some of the money to reduce the Sheriff's budget and he rightfully pointed out that confiscated funds under state law could only be used to enhance operations, they could not be used for normal operational expenses. Lots of new uniforms, cars, 40 cal, autos, boats, overtime, training, etc. Thanks drugs dealers!

Believe me 99.9% of the money confiscated was enroute to Miami for cocaine.

You guys obviously hate each other, and I've only skimmed the most recent posts. But I will tell you this, if you are carrying some sum of cash over $9999.99 then you are going to be answering some questions.

In fact, if any of you guys watch 20/20 or PrimeTime Live on ABC, a few years ago they were showing how the FL highway patrol / state troppers were intentionally stopping people and confiscating money.

Now it really doesnt matter if they take $2000 or $10000. If you have under $10000, they will probably just seize the money.

They can't do that you say? Sure they can. You know why? Cause the cost of hiring a lawyer, taking time off from your job, and fighting "the system" (also corrupt in the US, just look at how the DAs, Judges and Police all share the same building) you will lose $2-10K trying to fight it. And then the cop just has to LIE and say he suspected you.

And if you are carrying over 10K, beware. The majority of our USD carries traces of cocaine on it, for various reasons. You have no cocaine in your possession? So what! The money indicates in the recent past you were handling drugs.

No one is mixing your name up with drugs except you

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    here's two cases I know of personally. Both guys had spotless criminal records, nothing more than minor traffic violations.

A Drug Dealer, again with a spotless record. He was never with in a mile of his Drugs. Always paid someone else to do his dirty work. Was driving down I-10 not all that far from the Mexican border. He's pulled over and they find $45,000 in cash in his car. He got 3 1/2 years with the Fed's. In both cases they "Rolled" for lighter sentences by the way.
    Did you forget YOU volunteered this information, effectively going off topic. Now maybe I misunderstood your intimate knowledge of this drug dealers work habits, schemes, prosecutions and other legal troubles, as you knowing this person as you stated " personally ". But I am sure you can see why. So if they aren't your friends, you must watch a hell of alot of CourtTV.

So give it a rest, or did I hit a nerve? ;)

Bad

Retired Member

Jackson,

I'm not going to stand for CockSuckers mixing my name up with Drugs and You'd better do something about it.

Exon

this guy is a walking cliche.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

Exon
    by the way I don't have any friends that deal drugs and don't ever accuse me of that again.

Exon
    Yes, by the sound of your pathetic plea, it really does. So go pimp some hookers or go do that " shit " you keep telling everyone you do for a living. Maybe you can get another chance at eyeballing 800K;)

Bad

Learn to put a sentence together and then talk to me about hitting nerves

I must have hit a sensitive nerve of BadBoy reading his last post. The truth hurts doesn't it. Exon
    Yeah, that nerve is called REASON, something you seem to have lost the capacity to do. I would probably blame it on the old age. So I can't really tell you to grow up can I? But you can try to act your age.

Go pimp some prostitutes or something? Or are they just " friends "?

Miss me with that shit,

Bad

Retired Member

I must have hit a sensitive nerve of BadBoy reading his last post.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

Exon

I think Sidney Tec-9 said it best, so enough with your loco ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    Concerning ''Links''--anyone can search and find support for any loco idea that he may savor. GOOD Sidney
    So I will leave it at that.

Bad.

Argentina requests arrest of Venezuelan money courier. Quoting court sources, Télam said that the judge rejected a request by Antonini Wilson to be exempted from possibly going to jail pending investigation. Antonini Wilson left for Uruguay soon after Argentine authorities seized the money from him after his arrival early last week and a prosecutor expressed suspicion that he may have left for Bolivia. He arrived while Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez was paying a visit to Argentina. The Venezuelan government said that it was "irregular" that employees from the Venezuelan state-run PDVSA oil company were on the flight that brought Antonini Wilson to Buenos Aires. Argentina has demanded a "gesture" from Venezuela in connection with the case and the vice-president of the Argentine branch of PDVSA Diego Uzcategui Matheus — who allegedly put Antonini Wilson on the charter flight — was fired as a consequence. Chávez is a close ally of President Néstor Kirchner. (Herald staff with Télam) Exon
    Oh wait maybe this data agrees with your overall premise so maybe we won't discard it outright just yet.;)

Bad

Exon? I thought you'de be busy pimping whores or doing SHIT for a living

BadBoy is getting dementia, he actually thinks that the $800,000 is no big deal and its going to blow over in the middle of a Presidential campain.

He also thinks if your pulled over and they find $800,000 in your car here in the US everything cool and they'll wave you right on threw.

I say "Hide and Watch" BadBoy your about to learn some of the facts of life.

And finally grow up and quit being so obsessive about things you know nothing about.

Exon
    Why don't you act your age Exon, all one hundred years of it. I think that this will not affect Kirchners presidential race as much as other do, period. It is being blown out of proportion by those who stand to benifit from it being blown out of proportion.

I said very clearly, If you are caught in the US with money and you can account for it legally, carrying 800k in itself is not a crime. You can try to twist things all you want but my words were posted in plain english.

You are the stupid ass that brought up your so called " drug dealing " friends. Now I don't need to watch anything since I already know how it will turn out. But you can " Hide all you want " But I don't think that will do you any good. And waste your time watching this political charade all you want, but if your choices are between hiding you degenerate pimping old ass or watching this I would suggest you focus on hiding.

I am sure pimping hookers isn't illegal in the US, but I guess that's why you come to Argentina, right?

AGAIN, miss me with that shit. You're old pimpin' ass needs to get off it allready I stopped talking to you like a day ago. Now, whose obsessing?

Bad

Retired Member

Argentina requests arrest of Venezuelan money courier.

Quoting court sources, Télam said that the judge rejected a request by Antonini Wilson to be exempted from possibly going to jail pending investigation.

Antonini Wilson left for Uruguay soon after Argentine authorities seized the money from him after his arrival early last week and a prosecutor expressed suspicion that he may have left for Bolivia. He arrived while Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez was paying a visit to Argentina.

The Venezuelan government said that it was "irregular" that employees from the Venezuelan state-run PDVSA oil company were on the flight that brought Antonini Wilson to Buenos Aires. Argentina has demanded a "gesture" from Venezuela in connection with the case and the vice-president of the Argentine branch of PDVSA Diego Uzcategui Matheus — who allegedly put Antonini Wilson on the charter flight — was fired as a consequence.

Chávez is a close ally of President Néstor Kirchner.

(Herald staff with Télam)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exon

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    Badboy,

Not to take sides in the battle for supremacy between you and "Sidney", but giving a laundry lists of sources and factual information about a corruption scandal that happened between the UK and Saudi Arabia has absolutely nothing to do with the Argentine Economy or the current scandal involving the $800k. Everyone knows the USA and the UK have been propping up the House of Saud ever since WWII in order to get them to keep oil supplies flowing, and in the case of the USA, keep selling that oil only in dollars.

The relevant point in regards to this scandal and its effect on the Argentina economy is that it just further reinforces the vibe that has become accepted worldwide: the Argentine society and political institutions are so corrupt to the point of saturation that they can never be trusted. This is a critical election year and this scandal will not be swept under the carpet; in order to look less like a banana republic, the Argentine judicial system will investigate this matter and someone will be caught with dirty hands. This scandal, along with the Felisa Miceli unexplained cash in the bathroom affair, is a revealing display of the disgracefulness of the Argentine system. These scandals do have a detrimental effect on the economy; demand for Argentine bonds will decrease (they welched once and they will do it again) the Pesos will inevitably slide (4-1 coming to a Casa de Cambio near you) which will make it harder for the government to service its existing debt and wipe out the purchasing power of the people.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler
    Thank You Dirk, another voice of reason.

The subject was Argentina not some Saudi oil scam involving a bunch of arms that both sides benifit from.

And the Saudi's have been doing that shit for years, thats the way they do business.

BadBoy is getting dementia, he actually thinks that the $800,000 is no big deal and its going to blow over in the middle of a Presidential campain.

He also thinks if your pulled over and they find $800,000 in your car here in the US everything cool and they'll wave you right on threw.

And of course the Argentine Judge putting out a world wide arrest warrant for the "Bag Man" is just a joke and means nothing. He can return to Florida and everything cool.

And of course our authorities here in the USA won't do anything since its not illegal to have $800,000 in cash and the story makes the New York Times.

I say "Hide and Watch" BadBoy your about to learn some of the facts of life.

And finally grow up and quit being so obsessive about things you know nothing about.

Exon

Sidney Tec-9

Funny, good thing you posted the experience on AP, I am sure they won't have a hard time catching up with you. BTW, I am sure you know it is spelled Tec-9. But bravo for the much needed levity.

Bad

Sindy85, is that really the best you can do?

You seem to have a real problem with the connection between your mouth and your brain. You start offending people online then you accuse THEM of name calling, then you post an entire two paragraphs attacking me and then proceed to accuse ME of character assassination. Are you really THAT stupid or are you just pretending?

Then, after telling the ENTIRE forum how you were the victim of multiple home invasion attempts and your hooker girlfriend what threatened with a gun, and that is why you canceled your long term lease, then you tell us it's none of our business? Stop posting your lame DR stories on the forum you idiot.

And after all this you start telling me how you work for a living, who fucking cares, good for you, again, it's none of my business right? So stop making it such, and as far as myself, I have always worked for my money but this forum is neither the place nor the community with which to discuss such things with. PS, I hardly consider what you do for a living work, but then again, that is just my personal opinion.

And please explain to the ENTIRE forum how an entire BBC report on this HUGE corruption scandal that has been documented has anything to do with a loco idea? You are so full of shit it's not even funny, again, you are a pathetic old man, and the saddest part is, at your age you seem to know so little about so much, Dirk is a third of your age and he seems to know and understand things in a way your pre dementia has been ass never will. As far as I am concerned, I know enough to understand you are full of shit, go back to counting beans silly rabbit.

Bad.

Dirk, As far as Latin American politics, my main point for posting this was to simply punctuate the rampant hipocracy on this forum and in the world with regards to corruption. As you stated, Argentina is corrupt, it was corrupt BEFORE Kirchner and it will be corrupt after Kirchner, as the old saying goes, if you lie with pigs don't complain when you wake up dirty. In other words, if you want to be in politics, you have to be ready to play ball and the name of the game is graft bribery corruption and so on. So I don't see how this particular incident has anything to do with Argentine economy. And you can disagree and that is your right.

Posting Limitations