Thread: El Alamo

+ Submit Report
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Congrats to el alamo and crew but holy fuck askmen.com:

"Shoeless Joe's is the place to be every Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night if you like bikini-clad, heel-sporting Argentinean women."

Aren't we almost approaching a year without the Bikini open? Makes you wonder about all the other recommendations they make on that site.

El Alamo features on Askmen. Com

Mongers-

About two months ago I received an email from the editor of askmen.com asking for some photos he could use in an upcoming article about El Alamo that would be featured on the website. Lo and behold, I look at askmen. Com today and there it is, "Shoeless Joe's" recommended as one of the top 3 places to "eat" in the city alongside Estilo Campo and El Sanjuanino, features under an article about the 10 must-visit cities of 2008 (Buenos Aires obviously made the cut) Check it out, here is the link.

http://www.askmen.com/object/city/bu...res/index.html
    http://www.askmen.com/object/restaur...oes/index.html

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

We usually show most Georgia games, since there is a very large Gerogia fanbase here who are studying abroad.

The Plainsmen vs. Ugly Bulldogs

Dirk,

It's still a few days off, but will the throw down between Auburn and Georgia be shown in your venerable establishment Saturday? I'm bringing asshole Georgia lover El Sid with me so I can yell at him. And don't ask him for his phone number, he never gives it out.

Question What happened to El Alamo??

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    But arrive after 9am to avoid the drunks, that have been there all night.
    Thanks for the heads up Sid but I think you were off by a few hours. I went into El Alamo today around 10 am and was unpleasantly surprised by the local drunk riff raff. It seems that until around 12 noon this place is still more of a club / bar than a restaurant. At least that is what I was told by the waitress when I asked what the deal was with the 20 plus loud drunks.

Now on to the food, I went with two guests and they both had the american breakfasts, though they were out of fries so we had nacho chips. I had the Burger, which was delicious. The food, as usual, was good, but the atmosphere for the breakfast crowd was not very appealing.

As a lunch spot this place still rocks but if you are looking for a quiet place where to enjoy a good American breakfast, this place has lost that title. The law of supply and demand has come into effect and I guess there is a much greater demand for a 24 hour bar for sleazy looking drunk locals than there is for a classy breakfast joint.

The food was good and the staff was very polite and attentive, but the loud music, 20+ drunk smelly loud patrons and all that cigarette smoke did not really wet my appetite.

I would definitely return but only after 12 noon and either have the breakfast then or have one of their great burgers. But as far as breakfast time is concerned I would not go back unless I am one of those drunk patrons looking for a place to sober up before going back home.

Bad

Cool Place

I've been hanging out at El Alamo every day since I've been here. I like the regular bar atmosphere, and the daily baseball! If you show up at about 3am to 4am there's quite a lot of talent, "pro" and "non pro" from what I've seen so far.

I would recommend it!

Cheers!

College Football at El Alamo

Does anybody know if there are plans to get a satellite package for college football this season? The internet feeds kill me.

On a seperate note, I would like to take this opportunity (my first post) to thank the powers that be at El Alamo for your bar. I'll never forget the day I wandered in to hear the sweet, sweet sounds of the NFL. Like a tall glass of water for a man dying in the desert.

Its good

This place is full of young beautiful Argentine and American women after 11 p.m. on busy nights. Opportunity knocks. On the other hand, by that time it is also smokey and full of noise. If you want a peaceful bar, come earlier.

The food has gotten better recently, not doubt due in part to Dirk's positive influence. I enjoyed the Chicken saltado (basically fajitas) If it is crowded downstaris, try upstairs, where there is also a sit down bar where you can eat dinner. The website is out of date.

Badboy,

The menu on the website is completely outdated and should be changed as it is completely different from what is actually on offer. I am glad to hear that was you actually ate was good. We will try to get the new menu up on the site as soon as possible.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Question Question about the menu

Dirk,

I was at El Alamo today with some friends. We had previously checked out the online menu and had our preferences all ready, but when we got to the restaurant, we were given a menu that didn't have many of the things that were on the website. Did certain things get discontinued? Did I just get the lunch menu? I had wanted to try the lemon mint mouse but it wasn't on there.

BTW, the food was good as usual, I had the nachos and the BLT. The BLT was banging, first I have had in BA, delicious.

Bad

Mongers-

As always, if you arrive before 11pm, there is no prepaid consumption charge at the door. If you arrive after 11pm there is a $15 AR consumption charge which is the same as cash at the bar or for ordering food. Keep in mind the card starts at 10pm, and its anyone's guess what time the main event will actually come off.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    Mongers-

Just to let any boxing fans know, El Alamo will be showing the Floyd Mayweather v. Oscar De La Hoya PPV event live via satellite beginning at 10pm on the NEW 32" LCD tvs. As it is also 5 de Mayo, there will be Corona and tequila specials for those who are into that type of thing.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler
    Thanks for the info Dirk, I really want to see the fight. Which is touted to be the fight of the millenium. How much is it at the door?

Dirk,

What kind of crowd do you expect for the throw down? Will I have to battle my way through smooching young argies, or will it be a fight crowd? Should be a very interesting match, and I hope de la Hoya has enough left at his age to make it interesting.

Dogg

DE LA HOYA VS MAYWEATHER on PPV

Mongers-

Just to let any boxing fans know, El Alamo will be showing the Floyd Mayweather v. Oscar De La Hoya PPV event live via satellite beginning at 10pm on the NEW 32" LCD tvs. As it is also 5 de Mayo, there will be Corona and tequila specials for those who are into that type of thing.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

I wrote one

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    Reports on the Poker game please.

Exon
    Under the poker game section

Posting Limitations