Thread: El Alamo

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Administrator

Venues: 398

We opened EL Alamo Palermo last Thursday night

Greetings everyone,

We opened EL Alamo Palermo last Thursday night, just 48 days after we took possession of the property, and just 14 days after the idiot Exon stood in the middle of the construction project and proclaimed "You won't be open until mid February".

Personally, I think that completely remodeling a 4,000 SF facility, including a new kitchen, a handicapped bathroom, a 12 meter long bar, all new electrical and redecorating everything in less than 7 weeks was a commendable achievement.

Anyway, the place looks great, and we opened to a full house.

I'd like to invite everyone to come by and check the place out.

El Alamo Palermo
    Ave Cordoba 5267
    ------------------------------
    Open 4 pm to 4 am daily

It's in Palermo Viejo, near the corner of Godoy Cruz.

FYI, of course we're closed on the 24th and the 25th for Christmas.

Thanks,

Jackson

FYI, next week we start work on the rooftop terrace, which will include a covered bar, tables with umbrellas, lots of plants and of course HDTV for the sports enthusiasts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    <snip> We're also planning a live music venue on the 2nd floor, and an outdoor bar with another TV on the rooftop terrace. <snip>
    Adult music or what college kids call music?

Bob

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AllIWantIsLove For This Post:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ElReyalto  [View Original Post]
    When is the new one opening? I'll be staying in Palermo Hollywood for 6 weeks starting at the end of the month and looking for a local place to catch the NFL playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney  [View Original Post]
    What is the address of the 2nd location? I wish them well and expect another great success story.
    Hi Guys,

El Alamo's new 2nd location is on Cordoba just a couple of blocks from Juan B Justo. I'm deliberately withholding the address until we're ready for the public.

We have not yet established an opening date, but I expect that it will be sometime on or immediately after January 1st.

The new 2nd location will be ideal for watching college and pro football, with five 55" HDTVs throughout the bar room, each independently capable of receiving all the games from the USA.

We're also planning a live music venue on the 2nd floor, and an outdoor bar with another TV on the rooftop terrace.

Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Jackson

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Amantelondres  [View Original Post]
    My only problem with the existing location is the total disregard for residents in a nearby apartment when the kids leave the bar at 3, 4, 5 in the morning. Drunk, disorderly and noisy. Can't the management do anything about this. For some veeeery strange reason the cops decide to turn a blind eye. I wonder why?
    Hi,

I have no financial interest in the original Alamo, but I have known all the parties involved in the business and the building for years.

I can tell you categorically that the owners of El Alamo have never held a "total disregard for residents in a nearby apartment". In fact, they have taken a number of measures over the years in direct response to the neighbor concerns, said measures specifically intended to mitigate the impact of their operation on the neighborhood, including curtailing the bar's hours of operation, blocking off the exterior windows to reduce street gawkers, posting security guards outside the building, and even paying to install new double paned windows in many of the adjacent neighbor's windows to curtail the effects of the street noise.

Thanks,

Jackson

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet77  [View Original Post]
    Yeah, suck up real good and you might get a free dinner! Jajaja.

Seriously, do you really think anything we say here will make any difference to Alamo's business? Do you have any idea how much this place grosses and how long the lineups are for this place on weekends? Anything anyone says here will not have any impact on Alamo's usual clentele. They don't give a shit what we old farts have to say!

Jax may be a partner in the new Alamo, but I am sure he won't be overly concerned about you honestly exercising your freedom of speech on this topic.
    Well, its a new bar afterall. New location. The owner of this forum is not a co-owner of the old Alamo. He will be the co-owner of the Alamo 2. So irrespective of what business the old one does, the new one will not necessarily hit the ground running. It may take some time (logically speaking) to reach level of Alamo 1.

Yes, you guys are right. If a place is good, it does not matter if one or two guys speak bad about it.

It is not about a free dinner. If I co-own a bar, I would just want to read only and only good things written about it on the net prior its opening especially on my own website. Just my 2 cents. And yes, Jackson is a dear friend of mine.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

When is the new one opening? I'll be staying in Palermo Hollywood for 6 weeks starting at the end of the month and looking for a local place to catch the NFL playoffs.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ElReyalto For This Post:

You got to Be Kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    Out of respect for the owner of this forum and now a joint owner of Alamo bar 2, lets not talk anything negative about Alamo bar on a public forum.

Lets be in support and have only good things to say about it. Remember, lot of people read this forum as guests.
    Yeah, suck up real good and you might get a free dinner! Jajaja.

Seriously, do you really think anything we say here will make any difference to Alamo's business? Do you have any idea how much this place grosses and how long the lineups are for this place on weekends? Anything anyone says here will not have any impact on Alamo's usual clentele. They don't give a shit what we old farts have to say!

Jax may be a partner in the new Alamo, but I am sure he won't be overly concerned about you honestly exercising your freedom of speech on this topic.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gauntlet77 For This Post:

Out of respect for the owner of this forum and now a joint owner of Alamo bar 2, lets not talk anything negative about Alamo bar on a public forum.

Lets be in support and have only good things to say about it. Remember, lot of people read this forum as guests.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

Anybody who lives in smack dab downtown ANY major world class city and expects peace and quiet is pretty much fucked. Of course a US perspective would be the bar is overserving a lot of these people. Hence in the US you never see the "drown nights" that can lead to this behavior. I personally think the bar's responsibility ends when the patron hits the sidewalk but if you continually piss off the neighbors, you might have problems with your license. In the US those might be serious problems but in BA would just increase the coima and hence be merely another overhead expense. This Dallas Cowboy who killed his teammate, they are chasing down the bars where they drank right now. My state, fortunately, has what is known as "dramshop laws" so the bars could not get sued in this type of situation. You wonder how many of those young sots spilling out of El Alamo at closing then proceed to drive. Probably not too many, but for sure some.

Just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Amantelondres  [View Original Post]
    My only problem with the existing location is the total disregard for residents in a nearby apartment when the kids leave the bar at 3, 4, 5 in the morning. Drunk, disorderly and noisy. Can't the management do anything about this. For some veeeery strange reason the cops decide to turn a blind eye. I wonder why?
    Why would the management of a bar have to take a role in the actions of their patrons when they are walking in the street? If you live here you know that the coima you imply they are paying is simply to stay open. There isn't a single bar in this city that doesn't create this same problem. I would credit it more to the overall rudeness and inconsideration of young adults here than some payoff the bar is making to the PFA.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Hi Guys,

As some of you already know, for the past several weeks I have been heavily involved in working with the owners of El Alamo to open their new location in Palermo.

This endeavor has precluded any opportunity for me to have the time to host the regular Friday night dinners.

I expect to resume the regular schedule with a dinner on Friday, Dec 21st.

Thanks,

Jackson.

PS: The new El Alamo Palermo is looking great!
    I thought the golden rule was never invest or do business in BA. Why the change of heart?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Master J For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kevins  [View Original Post]
    Second alamo the original continues as it was

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    Is the owner opening a second location in Palermo, or does he plan to close the existing location when the Palermo venue opens?

Tres
    Second alamo the original continues as it was.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevins For This Post:

One or Two El Alamos

Hi Guys,

As some of you already know, for the past several weeks I have been heavily involved in working with the owners of El Alamo to open their new location in Palermo.

This endeavor has precluded any opportunity for me to have the time to host the regular Friday night dinners.

I expect to resume the regular schedule with a dinner on Friday, Dec 21st.

Thanks,

Jackson.

PS: The new El Alamo Palermo is looking great!
    Is the owner opening a second location in Palermo, or does he plan to close the existing location when the Palermo venue opens?

Tres

Been there

The new El Alamo Palermo is looking great!
    I agree, it's going to be a nice looking place when it's done.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Posting Limitations