Thread: American Politics during the Bush Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 95 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Thomaso276

Dennis Hastert

He was second in line to be the President under Bush..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...cago/83584440/

Making lemonade

Big things in this man's future.

Yankees Sign Iraqi Hurler.

Shoe-throwing Right-hander Impresses Scouts.

In their latest bid to beef up their pitching rotation for the 2009 season, the New York Yankees today signed Iraqi journalist Muntadar al-Zeidi to a three-year deal worth $32 million.

The right-handed al-Zeidi, 28, impressed the Yankee scouts with his performance in Baghdad yesterday when he threw both of his shoes at President George W. Bush.

While neither of the shoes hit their target, both throws "had great velocity and good movement," said Yankee owner Hank Steinbrenner.

"The first shoe was high and outside but the second one was right down the middle," Mr. Steinbrenner said.

The Yankee boss said that he was also impressed with Mr. Al-Zeidi's fighting spirit when Secret Service agents tackled him.

"That could come in handy when we have a series with Boston," he said.

Bush is Fast

Ha! Badman, thats the first thing that popped into my head as I watched that vdo! Then I watched again to see the distance between him and that man, the warning time, the reflex and I thought damn! W could have been a damn good boxer with those skills!

I would have been clocked right in the kisser! And he dodged two! I almost expected to see him counter with a hook. Amazing.

Bush is fast.

I am not particularly fond of him, but he handled himself well during this whole incident.

Regards,

BM

Duckman

Ha ha! Fantastic video. Well, it appears Bush sucks at everything except ducking shoes thrown at him. Maybe Laura has given him some practice we don't know about.

Retired Member

This Just In

Seams the Iraq press has been throwing "Shoe's" at President Bush at a news conferance in Bagdad.

Exon

Thumbs up Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Bob
    A neoconservative spin-master--let's have the wolves guarding the hen house!
    Spin-master yes. Neo-con no.

Although I say that with the greatest respect to Senor Bob de Miami, who I have placed upon a pedestal to be respected into perpetuity and to whom I owe a huge debt of gratitude. In the words of Wayne and Garth "We're not worthy!"
    Last edited by Wild Walleye; 12-12-08 at 03:04. Reason: "BASS" (Booze affected syntax syndrome)

Let's remember who is Dick Morris!

A neoconservative spin-master--let's have the wolves guarding the hen house!

Birth Certificate Issue?

There is this persistent story going around that BO has not produced a Birth Certificate proving he was born in the USA and eligable to be a US President.

The last I heard, a muckracker was putting this issue before the Supreme Court on the day of the election.

Should OB be forced to show his BC before his inauguration?

Next time it will be Schwartznegger for Pres.

The amusing part of the whole charade is the GOP is getting it in the fartzer just like they gave it to the DEMS via the Gop Supreme court.

Has Carl Rove been de-clawed?

And the beat goes on.

Jackpot

Actually

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    I would have liked to know how Obama would have answered the same question, but the media never asked him anything that tough.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Those evil liberal media elitists never asked her if she knew that Africa was a Continent, I guess they just assumed she would know that just like most 2nd graders. Just as her handlers must have assumed it when they were briefing her on South Africa, and to their horror she asked if S Africa was in the country Africa.

Her response, "oh some people like to make a big deal about other people getting the wrong answer to a question."

This was leaked by staffers in her own campaign bubby. They also said she used to answer her door wearing only a towel. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I still think she is spoogable. Dumb as a fucking stump, but spoogable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Gee, what a great idea!

I wonder why George Bush didn't think of that?

That Obama is just so smart.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Well! In 2005 Pakistan signed a peace treaty with the Talibans, Al Qaeda defenders in the region. Billions of $ of US aid kept pouring into Pakistan. There was no public outcry from the Bush Administration. Obama kept saying that the aid should be tied to measurable results. These are the facts.

Bush and Obama have a different approach to the problem. This doesn't make one smarter than the other. People can draw their own conclusions as to which strategy they think is more effective.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz
    Sarah Palin couldn't name the countries in NAFTA (US Canada and Mexico) and thought Africa was a country not a continent.

Reported by Carl Cameron from sources in the McCain campaign.

I know the election is over but, well, I was right.
    I would have liked to know how Obama would have answered the same question, but the media never asked him anything that tough.

Thanks,

Jackson

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Gipse
    C) Obama who wants to pressure Pakistan to do more to isolate Al Qeada at the borders between Afghanistan & Pakistan.
    Gee, what a great idea!

I wonder why George Bush didn't think of that?

That Obama is just so smart.

Thanks,

Jackson

Who should Osama fear?

Bush: "We'll get Osama 'dead or alive'". That was 7 years ago.

McCain: "My friend, I know how to find Osama". I wonder how come he has not shared this strategy with Bush in the past 7 years.

Obama: "If we know where Osama is in Pakistan, I will send our military after him" (without asking Pakistan's permission)

Who should Al Qeada fear?

A) Bush who sent 15,000 soldiers to Afghanistan after Al Qeada and 100,000 soldiers to Iraq after the oil.

Be) McCain who hasn't shared 'how to find Osama' with anyone for the past 7 years, and wants to keep the conflict going creating more Al Qeada recruits.

C) Obama who wants to pressure Pakistan to do more to isolate Al Qeada at the borders between Afghanistan & Pakistan.

Posting Limitations