Thread: American Politics during the Bush Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Thomaso276

It depends

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    StrayLight,

Ask yourself this question:

If you were Al Qaeda senior management, which of these two men would you perfer NOT to have as the US president?

A) Obama.

Be) McCain.

Thanks,

Jackson
    The Red Caves really wanted McPain because they knew when The Distinguished Gentleman from Arizona died they could bulldoze the barbie.

However in the blue caves Obama was the clear favorite, having lived in Indonesia for a few years and having actually known some Muslims they thought this might be somebody they could start a dialogue with and perhaps reach an accord where they could take off the dynamite vests.

Obama also did better among the under 30 jihadists because they like Michelle's ass.

All in all they both polled fairly consistently in their target areas.

(OK I totally stole this from the "Daily Show" but it was to good not to use)

Pasé?

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus9
    The wonderful, wonderful part about this is - You're pasé, it doesn't matter anymore. It was a trash trailer, red scare question 3 days ago, now it's a pointless question. Bill Kristol - doesn't matter anymore. Rush Limbaugh - doesn't matter anymore. Bill O'Reilly - doesn't matter anymore. The arm chair general neo-con crowd that never spent a day in uniform, you're over? We see all ready your backsides as you're slipping off into an ignominius past. You've had your carnage rampage and ruinous blunders. Like Dracula, it's time to get back in the crypt baby. Going the way of the Dodos now.
    Limbaugh's ratings peaked and were sky high during the Clinton years. O'Reilly launched his boring ass show (which conservatives like me think is totally irrelevant) during the Clinton Years. People don't read anymore so you may be right about Kristol.

But,

Arm chair General neo-con crowd that never spent a day in uniform? Four battle crosses and Battle stars, two Purple Hearts with service in WWI, WWII and Korea by my Father, Uncles, Grandfathers and other family. And a son at one of the Service Academies who will be going into the Marines in three years. Since my opinion doesn't count I'll just rely on theirs.

Ignominius? No, no shame here.

Ruinous? No, we are still a great country. We will be fine and will lead the world again.

Dracula? Sucks.

Dodos? You watch the Flintstones too much.

The personal attacks are the shit that takes all the fun out of the discourse.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flintstones-w12.jpg‎  

Administrator

Venues: 398
    The wonderful, wonderful part about this is - You're pasé, it doesn't matter anymore. It was a trash trailer, red scare question 3 days ago, now it's a pointless question. Bill Kristol - doesn't matter anymore. Rush Limbaugh - doesn't matter anymore. Bill O'Reilly - doesn't matter anymore. The arm chair general neo-con crowd that never spent a day in uniform, you're over? We see all ready your backsides as you're slipping off into an ignominius past. You've had your carnage rampage and ruinous blunders. Like Dracula, it's time to get back in the crypt baby. Going the way of the Dodos now.
    Bacchus9,

Your post is nothing more than a big middle index finger presented to everyone who doesn't share your political views.

I find your dismissive attitude towards other people's opinions to be incredibly low class, but typical of what I've come to expect from some overly-emotional liberals.

Bacchus9, you haven't contributed anything except to the political threads for the past two years. If spewing political venom has now become your only interest here, then I would suggest that you might consider another forum. The DailyKOS and the Huffington Post both come to mind.

Thanks,

Jackson

Olbermann

Hey Baccus,

You are stealing Keith Obermann's lines from last night, dude! I disagree because everything is cyclical and eventually the Dems will screw it up and lose their majority. Politicians are so corruptible when in control too long which is why I was against them getting a supermajority in the Senate.

The only way the Dems could maintain control is to govern in the middle and fix all the problems and that will take a generation. But because we change our government so often we do not maintain continuity so we cannot resolve the difficult problems.

Thus, while I believe Obama will make improvements, he only has 8 years and the person after him will change the priorities so we will change direction again and not resolve the real problems. That is why I do not see a solution for the US other than a gradual but consistent decline until we collapse (perhaps / hopefully in 50 years) At least I will be dead by then.

Suerte.

Stowe

StrayLight,

If you were Al Qaeda senior management, which of these two men would you perfer NOT to have as the US president?

A) Obama.

Be) McCain.

Thanks,

Jackson

McCain

StrayLight,

A) Obama.

Be) McCain.

Thanks,

Jackson
    If the point of Al Qaeda is to create hatred between the muslim and christian countries than they would want ongoing conflicts in the hope of angering the rest of the muslim world so they would rise up and join Al Qaeda against us and the rest of the western world.

They would then want the person who would most likely and most easily go to war against them and that would be McCain. Therefore, it is not unrealistic to believe they would prefer McCain over Obama because McCain has already indicated he hated Iran and was ready to attack them.

Stowe

Jackson, don't waste your time

I know this is your house, but don't bother trying to 'save the damned' (so to speak) You can't reason with emotion. It's frustrating, like trying to take a dump when you are totally constipated: you know your right (no doubt you gotta go) you work hard and get no results, and the only thing you come away certain about is the the source of your frustration stinks like sh**.

With all due respect to Straylight (taking him at his word about his experiences) his statements are poorly formed opinions, not facts (Dickwad, jump in here when you feel like it! We are all entitled to have them. There are always members of the opposition within important functions of the government (State, defense, intelligence) I would reason that the gushing of public support for the newly elected president, from a number of America's enemies, render this point moot.

You can, however, reason with a guy who is looking to buy you a drink. Next week we can start work on the conservative resistance in exile!

WW

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayLight
    Connect the dots for us Jackson. How is Obama Al Qaeda's choice for President?

I personally spent most of my adult life as a military officer, in a sector that provided a relatively clear view into subject at hand. On retirement from the military, I worked in a national security position for almost five years. I may not be 100% current on certain details, but I think I'm pretty clued in to the big picture of how we're really going about fighting Al Qaeda. And certainly clued in enough to say with some confidence that your statement is silly, and that you do not, in fact, have even a remote clue.
    StrayLight,

A) Obama.

B) McCain.

Thanks,

Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Damman
    Thought some may find this article interesting. Pay your bills and live within your means and you get the shaft.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1032...cle_sb_popular
    That's an excellent article.

The Shallowest Generation: Boomers

Thought some may find this article interesting. Pay your bills and live within your means and you get the shaft.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1032...cle_sb_popular

Suddenly, it may be cool to be an American again

Highly recommended read on the transforming effect of Obama's election:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/...merican_abroad

Hi,

There's nothing silly about my statement, and I resent your implication that I don't have "even a remote clue"

I suggest that it is YOU who do not possess "even a remote clue".

The fact is that the country elected Al Qaeda's choice for president, and I'm sure that at this moment they are rejoicing at the prospect of their now inevitable success as they wait for the USA's inevitable capitulation.

Unfortunately, it would appear that the USA is once again on the verge of demonstrating that we collectively as a people don't have the guts to finish a tough job.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Connect the dots for us Jackson. How is Obama Al Qaeda's choice for President?

I personally spent most of my adult life as a military officer, in a sector that provided a relatively clear view into subject at hand. On retirement from the military, I worked in a national security position for almost five years. I may not be 100% current on certain details, but I think I'm pretty clued in to the big picture of how we're really going about fighting Al Qaeda. And certainly clued in enough to say with some confidence that your statement is silly, and that you do not, in fact, have even a remote clue.

Reported on Fox

Sarah Palin couldn't name the countries in NAFTA (US Canada and Mexico) and thought Africa was a country not a continent.

Reported by Carl Cameron from sources in the McCain campaign.

I know the election is over but, well, I was right.

A Sense of Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    It is my hope that you or other Obomination ''worshipers'' own no stocks!------------------Market Overview.

DJIA 9,139.27 -486.01 -5.05%
    Just to put things in perspective. The Dow went up 1,510.36 in 6 consecutive days! It was time for a retracement. It will now probably test the 9,000 level before resuming its upward path. If it can get through 9,794 with some volume, we'll see 10,500 before we see the bottom again.

I think the odds favor Armageddon. I think the world financial system as we know it is fucked. I'm starting to stock up on food, for chrissakes. So why do I think the market will go up in the short term?

Because Sidney and most everyone thinks the market will go down. The market is one deviant son of a *****!

Suerte.

BTW, I was at the Alamo last night for the election results. It turned into a helluva Obama victory celebration. I can personally attest that young female Obama supporters are indeed better huggers and kissers than their Republican counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger Bulldog
    Congratulations, America.

We have finally won our country back!
    Back to what? In these situations, it is not foreign policy we need to focus on. Watch how the military is brought home to the US to quell riots, caused by rampant poverty (definitely in the future for US) Then it's just a quick jump to moving out the ingrates. It sounds hard to fathom, but even Rome was toppled by the "hired army", the visigoths. Things happen much faster these days, however.

For the record, I am not fearful of what's coming, as it's not me they'll be looking for!

Posting Limitations