Thread: American Politics during the Bush Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Thomaso276
    Quote Originally Posted by James Bond 007
    I guess it wasn't the classic landslide of Ronald Reagan 20+ years ago, but I guess media is calling it since Obama won most of the large states on the battleground (FL, OH, PA, etc)
    Does anybody find it ironic that Obama also did not know his father. Typical.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Hi,

There's nothing silly about my statement, and I resent your implication that I don't have "even a remote clue"

I suggest that it is YOU who do not possess "even a remote clue".

The fact is that the country elected Al Qaeda's choice for president, and I'm sure that at this moment they are rejoicing at the prospect of their now inevitable success as they wait for the USA's inevitable capitulation.

Unfortunately, it would appear that the USA is once again on the verge of demonstrating that we collectively as a people don't have the guts to finish a tough job."
    Well said, J. I thought I might be the only one to acknowledge this. Speaking for myself, it's my hope that liberals keep picking on the military, then cut their budget, so that history can repeat here like every other great nation that crumbled. Arm the men, teach them to kill, and then tell them they are obsolete, unemployed, and the cause of the nation's problems. This seems very unwise to me, but it's pervasive over here. For example, military votes were not even counted, even though they were mailed to the voters late! The good news, for me anyway, is that no matter who won, they will be out after 1 term, as the economic climate continues to spiral out of control.

Too much whining in the US, by people who have no "skin in the game". This is gonna bust hard, and the financial markets are foretelling this.

2nd place Pistolero

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolero
    There's been other black Presidents in the history of the world. Think Africa.
    I already busted his ass on that one.

First Black President?

Quote Originally Posted by Stowe
    Again, the US leads the western world by being the first country to elect an black man as the leader of the country. The world will follow and respect us again because of our willingness to move forward.
    There's been other black Presidents in the history of the world. Think Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    It is my hope that you or other Obomination ''worshipers'' own no stocks!------------------Market Overview.

DJIA 9,139.27 -486.01 -5.05%

Nasdaq 1,681.64 -98.48 -5.53%

S & P 500 952.77 -52.98 -5.27%

Dow Util 374.19 -15.73 -4.03%

NYSE 6,012.18 -332.91 -5.25%

AMEX 1,453.93 -73.81 -4.83%

Russell 2000 514.64 -31.33 -5.74%
    A classic case of buy on the rumor and sell on the news. Of course, continued bad news about manufacturing didn't help either.

Smile

Sidney,

I wouldn't worry too much about the stock market. If things go according to plan we should all be receiving our food ration coupons soon I. E. 1 egg a week, 1 oz of mystery meat, one cookie and a thimble of milk.

No more fatties in this country (This message approved by Fidel aka Obama and the Revolutionary Council)

Don't read shit into my words

You've got to love this.

Not only are Obama supporters more enlightened, but they're also "better people".

ROTFLMAO.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Stowe made a judgment, I made an observation. The fact is that when John McCain referenced Obama the audience booed, when Obama referenced John McCain the audience cheered. Now whether that was because one had won and was in good spirits while the other was collectively in a bad mood because they lost, or one audience is "more enlightened" I don't know.

The fact is, in Arizona they booed, in Chicago they cheered, and that's all I fucking said.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy
    Jackson-I think you will find that this is eminently untrue. Our ability to combat Al Qaeda will be significantly enhanced by a much improved relationship with nearly every fucking country on the face of the earth. Even in Iraq, Al Qaeda has been historically personas non grata, and there is every reason to believe that will continue to be the case. They have been tolerated there by the Sunnis, in order to fight the Shias and our boys, but that is changing. Despite the fact that Iraq is likely to be very messy for many years, I don't think Al Qaeda will ever have a role in that country. In fact, eventually an Iraqi government will most likely treat them even worse than the USA. And that's saying something.
    Dogg,

I leave room for the possibility that you might be right.

Thanks,

Jackson

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayLight
    Jackson, if you had a clue -- even a remote clue -- of what you were talking about in this matter you'd know how incredibly silly that statement is.
    Hi,

There's nothing silly about my statement, and I resent your implication that I don't have "even a remote clue"

I suggest that it is YOU who do not possess "even a remote clue".

The fact is that the country elected Al Qaeda's choice for president, and I'm sure that at this moment they are rejoicing at the prospect of their now inevitable success as they wait for the USA's inevitable capitulation.

Unfortunately, it would appear that the USA is once again on the verge of demonstrating that we collectively as a people don't have the guts to finish a tough job.

Thanks,

Jackson

Rock Harder's Analysis

Mongers,

What transpired last night amounted to an Electoral College LANDSLIDE, as Obama won EVERY SINGLE SWINGSTATE, including many that had not voted for a Democrat in over 40 years. Obama also won a clear absolute majority of the popular vote, with 52% , something a Democrat had not done in more than 40 years. The pre-election polls proved to be fairly accurate in predicting the outcome of this election.

The bottom line is that Obama won so easily because of the dire economic situation that the Bush Administration has created over the past 8 years. If the market was still at 14k and the credit crisis had not happened the Republicans, despite their huge fuckups, would have had a real chance of getting elected. Another contributing factor was McCain's choice of Sarah Palin as his VP; I really believe that choice killed McCain's electability. All the other Neocon fuck ups, such as the Wars, the monster budget deficit caused by the wars and the Bush tax cuts, the tarnished international reputation, the reduced civil liberties, were excusable by large segments of "mainstream" Americans because they are complicated issues that they are not affected by in their daily lives and probably do not fully comprehend anyway. However, when there is no money in your pocket, bills are piling up, and there are eviction notices glued to your front door, it's time for a change.

I also feel that the era of neo-con significance is gone forever, as the changing demographics of the USA will lead to a steady shift to the left. Unless the Republican party reinvents itself away from the right wing, Rush Limbaugh, Jerry Fallwell religious psychopaths types they may be out of power for a long, long time. My biggest hope now is that Obama can repair the damage of the past 8 years and will end the wars, clean up US Foreign Policy, balance the budget, and get rid of the Patriot Act.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Our Al Qaeda's long national nightmare may finally be over.
    Jackson, if you had a clue -- even a remote clue -- of what you were talking about in this matter you'd know how incredibly silly that statement is.

Does anyone else get the feeling Jackson wasn't rooting for Obama?

LOL!

I have to agree with Jackson here. We need more kids to stay off the streets and stay in school.

Yes, the ability to inspire young children has long been an important criteria for me in selecting a President.

Our Al Qaeda's long national nightmare may finally be over.
    Jackson-I think you will find that this is eminently untrue. Our ability to combat Al Qaeda will be significantly enhanced by a much improved relationship with nearly every fucking country on the face of the earth. Even in Iraq, Al Qaeda has been historically personas non grata, and there is every reason to believe that will continue to be the case. They have been tolerated there by the Sunnis, in order to fight the Shias and our boys, but that is changing. Despite the fact that Iraq is likely to be very messy for many years, I don't think Al Qaeda will ever have a role in that country. In fact, eventually an Iraqi government will most likely treat them even worse than the USA. And that's saying something.

Dogg,

On this point we agree.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Are you pulling my leg? You mean I can count on you to support having some special legislation enacted whereby Scalia can be removed and sent to a crackhouse in Detroit to live out his days?

Posting Limitations