Thread: American Politics during the Bush Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Thomaso276
    Mother Fuckin' A!!!!

Our long national nightmare may finally be over.

Finally

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger Bulldog
    Congratulations, America.

We have finally won our country back!
    After 15 years! I just hope the Dems don't let it go to their heads like the Repubs did. Govern close to the center and look out for the middle class and that will ensure the Dems will maintain their control.

Congratulations, America.

We have finally won our country back!

Very different

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz
    Wow.

I must admit McCain was gracious in defeat. Funny thing though, the crowd in Chicago cheered at the mention of McCain's name while the crowd in Arizona booed at Obama's.

Sid time to hid the money under the mattress, whatever you have in the bank tomorrow I will enjoy spending once the wealth gets spread around.
    Agreed. McCain's speech was excellent but his audience was very disrespectful unlike the Obama audience. That shows the character of each group.

Now the hard work begins. I predict Obama is going to be more center than ANYONE expects because he wants change and change can only happen if he is somewhat moderate.

Suerte.

Stowe

I knew it was risky but too fun to pass on. Stowe are African countries Eastern? They have had a lot of black leaders there, and Clinton, well he did play sax while wearing shades and like naling chicas with back.
    I meant the traditional 'western' culture countries, dummy.

Suerte.

Stowe

Acceptence speach.

Wow.

I must admit McCain was gracious in defeat. Funny thing though, the crowd in Chicago cheered at the mention of McCain's name while the crowd in Arizona booed at Obama's.

Sid time to hid the money under the mattress, whatever you have in the bank tomorrow I will enjoy spending once the wealth gets spread around.

No worries bubba

Quote Originally Posted by StrayLight
    Ooops. My apologies big Daddy. I'll buy you a bife de lomo and the wine of your choice should our paths ever cross.
    I knew it was risky but too fun to pass on. Stowe are African countries Eastern? They have had a lot of black leaders there, and Clinton, well he did play sax while wearing shades and like naling chicas with back.

The Word of the Day is LANDSLIDE

What a wonderful moment in time and for all it means to be an American and all it means to the rest of the world that is watching.

Our next president

Again, the US leads the western world by being the first country to elect an black man as the leader of the country. The world will follow and respect us again because of our willingness to move forward.

1000% agree

Like General Buck Turgidson, I hate to jump to conclusions before all the facts are in, but it appears two of my biggest prayers are being answered tonight.

First, Liddy Dole -- that foul, foul woman -- seems to have lost to Kay Hagan in North Carolina. This alone would have made my day.

But to top it off, the Dems seem to have picked up enough seats in the Senate to boot Joe Lieberman off his committee chair.

Norm Coleman and Michelle Bachmann defeats in Minnesota would absolutely push it over the to for me, but seeing Dole and Lieberman get their comeuppances will put a big smile on my face as I go so sleep.
    Straylight,

You are absolutely correct!

Dole ran a VERY hateful campaign-especially in the last 2 weeks-what a surprise for a Repub. And Lieberman is a closet republican and should be removed from his chair.

Suerte.

Stowe

Quote Originally Posted by Stowe
    Straylight,

Don't you realize that Daddy was joking? Look at his last comment-"psych" means he was jerking our chain!

Suerte.

Stowe
    Ooops. My apologies big Daddy. I'll buy you a bife de lomo and the wine of your choice should our paths ever cross.

Like General Buck Turgidson, I hate to jump to conclusions before all the facts are in, but it appears two of my biggest prayers are being answered tonight.

First, Liddy Dole -- that foul, foul woman -- seems to have lost to Kay Hagan in North Carolina. This alone would have made my day.

But to top it off, the Dems seem to have picked up enough seats in the Senate to boot Joe Lieberman off his committee chair.

Norm Coleman and Michelle Bachmann defeats in Minnesota would absolutely push it over the to for me, but seeing Dole and Lieberman get their comeuppances will put a big smile on my face as I go so sleep.

joking

That's much sadder than you can imagine.

I have a number of friends who are teachers at various levels -- elementary school, junior high, high school -- and they have all commented unfailingly on how Obama's candidacy has absolutely rocked the black and ethnic kids in the most positive ways. My friends have all observed the most profound change in the hopes and aspirations of these kids, along with black parents in particular telling kids they have absolutely no excuse now for not working and trying.

It's 10:37 EST on Tuesday as I write this, and it looks for all the world as though Obama is going to be our next President. All other things aside, I suspect this is going to absolutely transform a huge segment of previously disenfranchised citizens, and create a positive new era in American life.

And you, sport, will always be on the outside looking in.
    Straylight,

Don't you realize that Daddy was joking? Look at his last comment-"psych" means he was jerking our chain!

Suerte.

Stowe

At that moment it hit me, I just couldn't vote to put a fucking niger in the White House...I knew...all the rest of those monkeys would think they had it made.
    That's much sadder than you can imagine.

I have a number of friends who are teachers at various levels -- elementary school, junior high, high school -- and they have all commented unfailingly on how Obama's candidacy has absolutely rocked the black and ethnic kids in the most positive ways. My friends have all observed the most profound change in the hopes and aspirations of these kids, along with black parents in particular telling kids they have absolutely no excuse now for not working and trying.

It's 10:37 EST on Tuesday as I write this, and it looks for all the world as though Obama is going to be our next President. All other things aside, I suspect this is going to absolutely transform a huge segment of previously disenfranchised citizens, and create a positive new era in American life.

And you, sport, will always be on the outside looking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    So should we assume the other 4 are ''not crap'' and are wonderful for you?
    I don't know what the other four were. The first thing I look for in those sorts of e-mails or posts is the "Capital Gains on Houses" lie. As soon as I saw that you were willing to pass it on, I wrote you and the post off.

Posting Limitations