Thread: Translation Services

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    That is a very long story!

The chosen side of 9 de Julio and the chosen side of Cordoba, great landlords that did not over-charge and about 55 hotels in the area that would send about 200 clients a day to the resto right next to mine.

At the time it was the largest and best steak for the money by far, too cheap I guess. Lunch was a normal Argie-Foreigner crowd and at night the girls would come over and hang around and we'd all have dinner and drinks, etc.

It was too much fun and I did not come down here to have fun.

I just had no idea that I would have so many partners when I opened up. Nor did I have any idea about doing business in BA, specially the resto biz!

Municipalidad.

Ministerio de Trabajo.

Brigada.

Abogados de Mierda!

Make every night a Saturday night and there you have it!

Tell you some day in person.

I did meet over 1000 of the Boys from this board and continue to do so on a daily basis.

I'm thankful for that! Great Guys!

Uncle Bob, I think Monday will be 60 days without alcohol. Already 15 lbs lighter without hitting the gym yet.

Oh yeah, my old place is now a fucking "Subway!

Pushed the rent from 3 k to 14 k and now they want 20 k!

The new owner wants out!

He's fucked.

TL.

You can try to look up the old thread:

L'alliance Steak House.

Maybe it's still around.
    Such a shame! Having had a successful business closed due to those fucktardsSounds like it was popular too. I myself avoid the downtown, worked in the downtown for many years and I don't like it, it comes to my mind the ONLY time ever I was robbed in this city was on see. Pellegrini and Santa Fe, just a blick from the police station, I guess those were your old partners on Suipacha.

So to summarize a long story:

1) Never go into the restaurant business anywhere because it's a complete b!tch, 24/7, endless headaches, with a high failure rate.

2) Never go into any business in Argentina because the corruption and bureaucracy are unbearable, to say nothing of the banking issues.

3) Never go into the restaurant business in Argentina (1 + 2 = 3).

Because I have a restaurant background and a business background, five or six times a year I get approached about some kind of food service idea. The list of reasons I don't want to do that sh!t goes on forever.

I do still remember the hooker I fucked in the bathroom at L'Alliance in Dec. 2010. I think her name was (for commercial purposes) Alejandra and somehow I lost my cell phone that night, but bought the only good weed I ever bought in Argentina. So all in all it was a good trade off.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Super Long Story!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki  [View Original Post]
    Now what happened to your resto bar? That location is / was monger-convenient!
    That is a very long story!

The chosen side of 9 de Julio and the chosen side of Cordoba, great landlords that did not over-charge and about 55 hotels in the area that would send about 200 clients a day to the resto right next to mine.

At the time it was the largest and best steak for the money by far, too cheap I guess. Lunch was a normal Argie-Foreigner crowd and at night the girls would come over and hang around and we'd all have dinner and drinks, etc.

It was too much fun and I did not come down here to have fun.

I just had no idea that I would have so many partners when I opened up. Nor did I have any idea about doing business in BA, specially the resto biz!

Municipalidad.

Ministerio de Trabajo.

Brigada.

Abogados de Mierda!

Make every night a Saturday night and there you have it!

Tell you some day in person.

I did meet over 1000 of the Boys from this board and continue to do so on a daily basis.

I'm thankful for that! Great Guys!

Uncle Bob, I think Monday will be 60 days without alcohol. Already 15 lbs lighter without hitting the gym yet.

Oh yeah, my old place is now a fucking "Subway!

Pushed the rent from 3 k to 14 k and now they want 20 k!

The new owner wants out!

He's fucked.

TL.

You can try to look up the old thread:

L'alliance Steak House.

Maybe it's still around.

To those of you free, Thursdays (and Wednesdays IMHO) are magical in BA.

The hot sauces and PB were for my resto-bar on Cordoba and Pellegrini and now they are for me and my friends again.
    Now what happened to your resto bar? That location is / was monger-convenient!

The hot sauces and PB were for my resto-bar on Cordoba and Pellegrini and now they are for me and my friends again.

The "Professional Wingman" Tours started years ago.

If we bring you it is like taking sand to the beach and it can be a pricy beach at times but it's possible.

TL.

Tonight is an excellent night to Hunt Gentlemen!
    LOL, not quite like taking sand to the beach as I don't work (in the chica sense) but yeah, you might be right (just might).

One thing, now that we talked about peanut butter, here is some slang: Local women would refer to a small penis as a " mani " (peanut) LOL just bringing us back on topic.

Hot Sauce and PB

You definitely beat me to it dammit! I'm going to have to start being the wingman too! Yeah let's get back to the chicas! But nobody seems to run into any talking that they need to decipher? Come on don't be shy.

The "Professional Wingman" Tours started years ago.

If we bring you it is like taking sand to the beach and it can be a pricy beach at times but it's possible.

TL.

Tonight is an excellent night to Hunt Gentlemen!

You definitely beat me to it dammit! I'm going to have to start being the wingman too! Yeah let's get back to the chicas! But nobody seems to run into any talking that they need to decipher? Come on don't be shy.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-01-02/the-great-canadian-maple-syrup-heist

Worth Reading .

The Argie PB is lacking a lot of things in my opinion, mainly good taste; not really, maybe it lacks sugar like the all natural type that Health Food stores sell.

This stuff does not separate in the jar but you can fill-in a gap between the bricks pretty well.

In China town you can find PB sauce which is just for cooking.

My standing order for all the boys that come down to visit me are:

Video Games. P.S.3.

Peanut Butter. Jif or Skippy.

Bar B Q Sauce.

Hot Sauce.

At one point I had 80 different types of hot sauces and 24 jars of PB. The Huge Jars!

Now I'm out again!

The last 2 came from New Zealand but the American stuff is still the best!

One guy brought me a CASE! All the way from Canada!

Thanks,

TL.

Let's get back to the Chicas!

I think I know where there are about 80 bottles of Maple Syrup and Pancake Mix , American and Canadian products .

Unmentionable here but I can ask .

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Most Argies have no idea what peanut butter or maple syrup is. But! Go to any Walmart in Argentina and ask for "DAME MANI" . Its a decent peanut butter made here in Argentina. Now if only we can get maple syrup here.
    First time in the US. SF, CA, 30 days, full on breakfast, with eggs, waffles, hash browns, maple syrup, sausages and bacon every day and magically I found myself back in Arg with 6 extra pounds! WTF! But it was soooooooooooo good! I sometimes replace with Kero corn syrup, but it is not the same at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze  [View Original Post]
    I didn't know Argentinean's liked peanut butter. I don't really need your services but I'm happy to bring you some peanut butter the next time I come to town.
    After traveling to the us a bunch of times I got addicted to peanut butter! Jif and Peter Pan are my favorite! Here when is desperation I go with some Dame Mani... But it is not quite the same.

Tastes Vary!

Most Argies have no idea what peanut butter or maple syrup is. But! Go to any Walmart in Argentina and ask for "DAME MANI" . Its a decent peanut butter made here in Argentina. Now if only we can get maple syrup here.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-01-02/the-great-canadian-maple-syrup-heist

Worth Reading .

The Argie PB is lacking a lot of things in my opinion, mainly good taste; not really, maybe it lacks sugar like the all natural type that Health Food stores sell.

This stuff does not separate in the jar but you can fill-in a gap between the bricks pretty well.

In China town you can find PB sauce which is just for cooking.

My standing order for all the boys that come down to visit me are:

Video Games. P.S.3.

Peanut Butter. Jif or Skippy.

Bar B Q Sauce.

Hot Sauce.

At one point I had 80 different types of hot sauces and 24 jars of PB. The Huge Jars!

Now I'm out again!

The last 2 came from New Zealand but the American stuff is still the best!

One guy brought me a CASE! All the way from Canada!

Thanks,

TL.

Let's get back to the Chicas!

I think I know where there are about 80 bottles of Maple Syrup and Pancake Mix , American and Canadian products .

Unmentionable here but I can ask .

ask for "DAME MANI" . Its an absolutely disgusting, inedible peanut butter made here in Argentina.
    Corrected.

**warning** taste buds may vary!

I know exactly what you mean. That is why I go by the saying, time is money. I have helped many others in the past, sharing very valuable information that made them money asking for a jar of peanut butter or pb cups in return. I explain a money making method thoroughly to at least 40 different people, all expat BTW. Want to guess how many jars of peanut butter I got?

Z e r o.
    I didn't know Argentinean's liked peanut butter. I don't really need your services but I'm happy to bring you some peanut butter the next time I come to town.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamikaze For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    Except he was working for a paraguayan company doing runs between Asunciķand and Buenos Aires, so he got paraguayan wages, and that was part of the problem. This was Celeste's partner, not Jesica's. Jesica's boyfriend was helping her with the shoe factory until she got pregnant, then he stuck around a few more months and took off before the kid was born.
    Hope Jesica + bb are doing well. I only saw Celeste a few times, dunno much about her.

Posting Limitations