Thread: The Subway System aka "El Subte"

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Fitzgeraldo
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiwil2  [View Original Post]
    For you guys using the Subte early: https://www.pcmag.com/news/369287/go...m_medium=title.

Bob.
    Lol, it really depends on the time of the day, in rush hours is fun also in summer when is 50 degrees outside and all subtes are packed and everyone is wet ahahah, wet, smell ).

How Crowded Will The Subway Be? (For early risers!)

For you guys using the Subte early: https://www.pcmag.com/news/369287/go...m_medium=title.

Bob.

In case you didn't know, the Subte card is now the only way to enter. I use the subway so infrequently I would just pay for a ticket when I got down there. But can't do that anymore.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Moore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Creideiki  [View Original Post]
    ...if you bought a single-ride ticket. SUBE card rides start at $4.50 but go down in price the more often you use it. I think I finished my month at around $3.20 a ride.
    After 21 trips, the discount applies for the balance of the month's usage.

Beware

Quote Originally Posted by BayBoy  [View Original Post]
    Thanks for the info. I will be definitely using the Subte in Feb.
    There are so many pickpockets who earn their living on the Subte. Be very careful.

Thanks for the info. I will be definitely using the Subte in Feb.

In October, it was $4.50 for a single ride....

Can anyone there in Buenos Aires tell me how much it is to ride the Subte. Is it 1 Peso?

There hasn't been anything on this tread for a few years. I guess nobody rides the Subte.
    ...if you bought a single-ride ticket. SUBE card rides start at $4.50 but go down in price the more often you use it. I think I finished my month at around $3.20 a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    I think its $4.50 with a Sube card. More without, like 6 or 7 pesos.
    In 2012 the fare was Peso 1.10. Its been bumped up a few times since. I feel sorry for the locals.

Can anyone there in Buenos Aires tell me how much it is to ride the Subte. Is it 1 Peso?

There hasn't been anything on this tread for a few years. I guess nobody rides the Subte.
    I think its $4.50 with a Sube card. More without, like 6 or 7 pesos.

Subte

Spectacular Subway Stop Enhancements

Has anyone else noticed the spectacular improvements at some of the subway stops?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BASubwayStop.jpg‎  

Just type "estacion buenos aires" on Google map.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond the  [View Original Post]
    Is there an online map site that shows streets and intersections (like google maps/google earth, wikimaps, etc) that has a map of ba with the subte stations marked? Or maybe an online version of the pocket guia that shows the collectivos as well?

Best substitute so far is the pdf file that can be download at

http://www.subte.com.ar/mapas/subte.asp

BsAs maps

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond the  [View Original Post]
    Is there an online map site that shows streets and intersections (like google maps/google earth, wikimaps, etc) that has a map of ba with the subte stations marked? Or maybe an online version of the pocket guia that shows the collectivos as well?

Best substitute so far is the pdf file that can be download at

http://www.subte.com.ar/mapas/subte.asp
    There are little book maps available at all the street news stands. You can find any address easily and it shows SubTe stations also. You carry it with you. Look it over for ten minutes and you will understand it's use. Much better then printout or remembering it. The book is titled. Guia"T" de bolsilla. Street index in the front directs you to the page. Notice street numbers given will direct you perfectly. Can't live without it!

I find this invaluable as well

The following allows you to type in 2 end points in bsas and see which collectivo, subte, or tren gets you there. Click on the "como llegar" tab and put in your 2 end points. Click on a colectivo in the list and it will show you the exact route on a google maps type format. Also, choose the vuelta radio button and click on the green button to it's right an you will see which colectivo's take you back (not always the same one.) http:/mapa2.buenosaires.gov.ar Sysco
    Last edited by Sysco234; 09-13-10 at 12:15. Reason: figured out how to post a url

Posting Limitations