This blog is moderated by Aznights
    Maluca Beleza may still be on Sarmiento near Callao, don't know for sure as I haven't been there in 2 years or so. Lots of Brazilian types there, samba, axe, even some lambada, or so I was told. Not a place for mpb or bossa nova, a much younger crowd.

Brazilian Rock like paralamas (neat band) it's pretty hard to hear on radio in BA. I guess there is more good Brazilian music on clubs, pubs in Miami rather than in BA. There are more paulistas exapts in Miami and tourists in Valle Nevado (chile) than in BA.

MCSE.

Thanks for the info. I put this place on my list.

I was not specially thinking about axe, but about MPB, forro, carioca funk or brasilian rock, all things that you hear in Sao Paulo clubs. I thought that good brasilian music (personnaly I consider axe as crap) was popular in BA.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Pro
    Great list MCSE.

Many argentinas are crazy about Brasil and brasilian music: is there a 'brasilian' bar or disco, with a good party atmosphere, in BA?

Thanks.
    I've just seen one maybe "Axe" rithyms is your question for? I don't remember the name but used to be on sarmiento near callao. Axe dancers are so energic. I've met one. Anyway, it's for a specific target, since was more popular in the late 90's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails axeluana.jpg‎  

Great list MCSE.

Many argentinas are crazy about Brasil and brasilian music : is there a 'brasilian' bar or disco, with a good party atmosphere, in BA?

Thanks.

non pro boliches and cream Nov. 12th

First of all, creamfields it's the hottest spot in BA.

One time a year, creamfields brings the most popular International DJ's to perform in BA.

Paul Oakenfold, Tenaglia, the Argentino Cattaneo, DJ Vibe, Infusion and many others will perform live at Cream next November 12th.

For non pro action and some hot girls, since the basement has been closed sharmrock is not what it used to be:

There is a hard issue to face regarding non pro action, after the fire of Cromagnon.

I've ordered the places by the weekdays when I found them most interesting. This doesn't necessarily mean that they're boring or even closed on all other days Also, places that are open most of the week get multiple entries.

Above all of this, I would like to reccomend not to missing Soul Cafe over Baez St and check out the recently opened Kandi, 70's styled pub, also on Baez St, but on this one, I think that something failed, no real action inside (may be because they wanted to serve more dinners than drinks) but I would choose a real restaurant intstead.

Mondays seem to be quite dead.

Tuesday.

Jobs.

La Cigale.

+160's (at Bahrain)

Wednesday (wednesdays choices are limited, and some of the places that are open lack the casual yet intense ambiance of the normal Buenos Aires nightlife)

Tequila.

Vodoo.

Warhols.

Asia de Cuba.

Club Caix.

Museum.

Thursday.

Barfly.

Club 69 (also known as Niceto Club)

Jah Bar.

Friday.

The Roxy.

Pacha / Clubland.

El Living.

Bwat.

LaCity.

Mint.

Rumi.

Saturday.

Big One.

La Cigale.

Opera Bay.

Club Araoz.

Sunday I currently don't know any good spot to go to for dancing late on Sundays. La Diosa used to be open, but that has changed.

Holidays Most of the major Friday and Saturday places open also on nights before public holidays. E. G. The Big One and the Mint are even pleasantly uncrowded on such occasions.

If you guys are not gay you should avoid Amerika and Palermo's Shangay (cleaver name anyway, see: shan-gay)

You can find locations and phone # at http://www.barts.com.ar/barts/nitelife.php
    http://www.creamfieldsba.com

7. 11-01-05 01:03

Kilkenny and Shamrock

Kilkenny is a good bar on Reconquista and Marcelo Alvear in Microcentro. It is a large, fun, loud Irish style bar. Recently it has been a hangout for "working girls" as well as regular folks, and I think that the working girls is who you are most likely to meet unless your Spanish and luck are great. Shamrock is a very popular regular bar. Get there early or it will be so crowded you can hardly get in the door. It is in Barrio Norte.

Kilkenny / Shamrock / Henry Beans

Anyone been to these pubs recently that could comment on girl to guy ratio or if they are worthwhile in finding someone of interest. Other places of interest could be noted as well. I will be there this Friday for the first time if anyone would like to have a beer on the weekend.

Non-pro nightlife.

Moore,

Would you mind to post, as you did in the MDP thread, about your favorite non-pro middle / upper class spots in BA?

I did recently the same thing on the ISG (where I'm senior member) in the Sao Paulo section if you're interested. But Brasil is becoming a pricey destination with the current exchange rates, and I'm very seriously thinking about Argentina (BA / MDP / Cordoba) for some six weeks vacations in Jan/Feb.

Thanks.

Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Aznights
    You guys are making alot of good points. I am glad that I guess Jackson added this group even if some guys don't like it. When it comes to women we all pay in one way or the other but my point is the mere fact of paying that high of a price for the act is not me. For those that have been to Thailand or the Philippines you can understand what I mean. I would never tell them how long I am there for so I don't think that would be an issue. I will check out Kilkenny and the Shamrock.
    Aznights,

Personally I am happy to see this forum. I am getting a little burnt out with the pro scene down there so I plan to try and branch out a little bit next time.

Looking for a god Porteno

Quote Originally Posted by Aznights
    Ok everyone I am a newbie here to this site and to Argentina as well. I am not really interested in the Pro action as I would not pay you. S. $100 for any women. I was wondering about finding a normal girlfriend and where might be the best places for this in BA. I have heard that there are some Irish Pubs and wondering if these were the best places to meet a fine Argentine girl. Your thoughts please. I will be there the beginning of Nov. For about 20 days and don't have a clue.
    I understand what you are talking about. I prefer a good woman and their is no woman as good as a Argentine woman. I have met many nice women and still keep in touch with them all. Don't get me wrong, Since I am single I still like to mingle with some no strings attatched fun here and there and for that I have Sabrina, the hottest girl in BA. But for regular portenoa, which will fill you with more love than you know will not be so difficult once you get past the fact you are on VACATION and these girls are gust vacation girls until you decide to move to BS. Portenos have no intentions on moving to USA. Heck they know BS is the place.

To find many good women, look for them in shopping malls, places they work legitimate jobs. I went into a clothing store with my best friend (she is a porteno) and I met a woman that was amazing, I got her number with no problem and we went out a few nights later. It is that easy.

You guys are making alot of good points. I am glad that I guess Jackson added this group even if some guys don't like it. When it comes to women we all pay in one way or the other but my point is the mere fact of paying that high of a price for the act is not me. For those that have been to Thailand or the Philippines you can understand what I mean. I would never tell them how long I am there for so I don't think that would be an issue. I will check out Kilkenny and the Shamrock.

girlfriend for aznight

Hey aznight, it does not make sense to go to argentina and look for a.

Girlfriend for just a 3week visit. It only makes sense if you are going to.

Live there. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ck out the working girls, they are.

Everywhere you turn, GIRLFRIEND, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING.

AB0UT. Variety is what every man wants, and in ba. You can have.

3 to 4 diffrent ones everyday.

THIS IS WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT, GIRLFRIEND? UNLESS SHE LIKE.

OTHER GIRLS AND WILL BRING THEM TO YOU, THEN GO FOR IT.

FELLOW DOG

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276
    I love these posts when someone says "I am coming to BA for a vacation and looking for a normal / regular girl, where can I go?"

Go to another board.
    You may have noticed that there are more than a few threads on this board that have nothing to do with P4P. P4P is outstanding here as we all know. But I believe that a thread for people also interested in some non-pro action deserves a spot at least as much the "American Politics" thread does.

Kilkenny

Hmmmm. Based on the above posts, it appears that I most likely ran into working girls at the KK. That makes a lot more sense than believing girls who look like this were actually hitting on me with no commercial interest.

By the way - that is OK with me. I don't need an ego boost, just a good romp. And I will be there next week for a few pints of Kilkenny. At the Kilkenny.

No doubt one can hire a girlfriend for the week or 3. Auditioning them would be fun. Certainly affordable given the US prices for the trade these days and a LOT MORE REWARDING.

Did I mention that I love Buenos Aires?

CB

Posting Limitations