Thread: Meeting a regular girl

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Aznights

easy on papa benito

Guys,

Easy on Papa Benito. I have met him and he is a great guy. Straight shooter.

Armbia

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt99
    Papa Benito! Were you following around the right guy or not? Maybe we have to recruit a better spy to keep tabs on Marak5.
    Look at it this way.

The pathetic nature of Papa Benito on the internet knows no bounds. Obviously this guy has nothing better to do in retirement than fuck whores in Argentina. Hes on this site everyday. So does this guy really have anywhere important to be or to do? No.

So these reports are being written, and suddenly he's sitting directly behind me in Solid Gold. I know pretty much for a fact that he never hangs out there based on everything hes written on this site. Everyone on this site pretty much thinks that place sucks. I actually did meet him once for about 3 seconds in November, but I certain that he didn't remember who I was although he could have put 2 and 2 together based on my reports. I recognized him based on the "throat deformity" that he has posted about on this site.

So no, I do not think anyone here conspired to send in spies. I just thought Papa Benito was fucking bored and decided to check out the fireworks in Solid Gold. Not that far fetched whatsoever.

And the funny thing was, he entered, found a spot by the bar, got up, moved into a spot directly behind me. So he was sitting there directly behind me and the novia. And I asked her, is this guy looking at us? Because at this point I just thought it might be a total fluke. And she started watching him, and she's like, yes he's watching us rather intently. At that point I was fairly certain of it.

And to be honest, I still believe that he was just bored. He PM'ed me that day along the lines of, "oh no, youre paranoid. I havent been there in over a year." And I was just like, so you decided to go there the first time in a year, when a member of this site is having big problems with girls in there? I basically wrote him back and said I thought he was full of shit. At this point he became angry like a little child and started flaming me on this site. So this is the exact type of behavior that fits with him just being very pathetic internet creep.

Quote Originally Posted by Marak5
    Um, I'm 6'3 225 lbs and not asian?

Ps your post doesnt make any sense. A "boliche" in buenos aires is a regular night club. A "cabaret" is a ***** house.

Hope this helps.
    Papa Benito! Were you following around the right guy or not? Maybe we have to recruit a better spy to keep tabs on Marak5.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt99
    Buenos Aires is filled with short little Asian dudes. I've never seen any of them become "the center of attention." Maybe in a boliche, where they're largely viewed as easy marks for the chicas, with more money than brains. Like all stereotypes, that is probably a truism sprinkled with plenty of individual exceptions.
    Um, I'm 6'3 225 lbs and not asian?

PS: your post doesnt make any sense. A "boliche" in Buenos Aires is a regular night club. A "cabaret" is a ***** house.

Hope this helps.

Hi Marak5,

The word "boliche" refers to any night club, including those stocked with working girls.

Thanks,

Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Marak5
    I doubt this guy posting will get anywhere with no spanish, but.

I don't think what you're saying is true at all. In the night clubs, at times I have been practically the center of attention. If my spanish was good enough, I would have no problems approaching a girl I consider to be out of my league in the United States. Also, if it goes awry, just chalk it up to a cultural difference and being an obnoxious american.

I also notice that I get the stare down way more often in Recoleta than what I get in the United States. I stick out like a sore thumb there.

My spanish needs to improve, but if you are living there with spanish, you can't lose. 1) The girls are better looking than in the USA 2) They are friendlier than in the USA 3) You are very rich in their eyes. If anything, you must have something seriously wrong with you if you are american living in buenos aires and NOT getting tons of attention from the girls.

Ps what Moore says about needing an established prescence I think is true. I think a guy coming down there for a week should stick to the cabarets and forget about dating regular girls. Once you get past the language barrier, which already makes it very difficult, you have to also go above a beyond that and assuage the girls fears that you are just there to bone and disown once you leave.
    Buenos Aires is filled with short little Asian dudes. I've never seen any of them become "the center of attention." Maybe in a boliche, where they're largely viewed as easy marks for the chicas, with more money than brains. Like all stereotypes, that is probably a truism sprinkled with plenty of individual exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday
    In my experience. Being blond, being American will give you no advantage with 99% of Argentinas.

If you want to be treated like a superstar go to Brazil.
    I doubt this guy posting will get anywhere with no spanish, but.

I don't think what you're saying is true at all. In the night clubs, at times I have been practically the center of attention. If my spanish was good enough, I would have no problems approaching a girl I consider to be out of my league in the United States. Also, if it goes awry, just chalk it up to a cultural difference and being an obnoxious american.

I also notice that I get the stare down way more often in Recoleta than what I get in the United States. I stick out like a sore thumb there.

My spanish needs to improve, but if you are living there with spanish, you can't lose. 1) The girls are better looking than in the USA 2) They are friendlier than in the USA 3) you are very rich in their eyes. If anything, you must have something seriously wrong with you if you are american living in buenos aires and NOT getting tons of attention from the girls.

ps what Moore says about needing an established prescence I think is true. I think a guy coming down there for a week should stick to the cabarets and forget about dating regular girls. Once you get past the language barrier, which already makes it very difficult, you have to also go above a beyond that and assuage the girls fears that you are just there to bone and disown once you leave.

Mongers-

Telling regular Argentine girls that I am from New York definetly makes them at least a little interested. The fact is, in Buenos Aires, there just are not very many young American guys around, so although the Argentine ladies are too sophisticated to be blown away just because you are Estadounidense, you are different, and thus desirable. Basically, you are not going to get laid just because you are American, but maybe, it would get you a phone number versus if you were an Argentine guy with similar looks. I think along similar lines as the Argentine chicas- when I was a student at UDel, if I found out any girl was from Latin America, I would automatically interested in at least meeting her. Just the possibility of the exotic arises interest in everybody.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday
    In my experience. Being blond, being American will give you no advantage with 99% of Argentinas.

My experience has been just the opposite. Granted, BA is not like some parts of Latin America or Asia where being a "Westerner" makes you a rare hot commodity. You usually have to talk/flirt to the argentinas but your being American is very interesting to many, and I'm talking about girls from middle+ class backgrounds. And though they may sometimes begrude Americans for being cold materialists, don't think for a second that they are not impressed by a foreign guy who, relatively speaking, appears quite wealthly to them (apt in Recoleta, always has cash, takes them to nice places, etc).

Then again, maybe argentinas are just easier. Or maybe I coincidentally began an incredible lucky streak when I moved here. I believe its due a combination of their friendlier / more liberated nature and, yes, also due to being an exotic American guy. Another important factor is that your Argentine competition is quite weak here. For instance, a physically average guy in the US might be classified as tall/athletic here. Others have pointed out that Argentine guys are a rather effeminate lot, and with an enormous % of fags which helps you even more.

My experience in Brasil is relatively quite limited but my perception is that you might be a superstar there...in the ghetto. I remember trying to chat up girls in some nice Rio / Sao Paulo clubs and they wouldnt give me (or my US friend) the time of day. But those are isolated trips.

Wherever Ive gone, my success as a tourist has been horrible. But with an established presence in BA the regular chicas have been quite good to me. There are WAY more notches on my BA bedpost than on my US one, including some spectacular local goals, 3holes, and kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam5935
    Hey all!

Well, I had my heart set on a trip back to Asia, but I've also always wanted to go to S. America. How hard is it it meet non-pros in Buenos Aries? I am a 32 year-old, tall, blonde, and very fit American with almost no spanish. Also, does anyone here have any advice on what other S. American countries it is easy to meet women? Thanks for the advice!1

S-

Quote Originally Posted by Sigvarth
    I just got back and I am changing my career planning so that I am free to travel to places like BA. JUST FOR THE WOMEN! In WA I am a big goofball that cannot talk to any woman. Even the younger ones, who are supposedly different than they were 10+ years prior. This is not so. In Bolivia and Argentina I found the women to be receptive and they actually liked me! Holy shit! This was a new experience and a little disconcerting at first, but alot of girls down there like guys from the US. They even said some of the same things that the mail order bride websites say, its just that the ones who are worth a shit don't want to leave. They want you to stay there.

I found your average bar, I went to one in Recoleta that is in Footprints, to be a great place to talk to women. If you see some girl looking at you, roll up on her and start jabbering away. Of course you have to speak some espanol, but it is a pretty easy language to learn. Understanding Portenos is a different matter.
    Can you give cross streets?

I just got back and I am changing my career planning so that I am free to travel to places like BA. JUST FOR THE WOMEN! In WA I am a big goofball that cannot talk to any woman. Even the younger ones, who are supposedly different than they were 10+ years prior. This is not so. In Bolivia and Argentina I found the women to be receptive and they actually liked me! Holy shit! This was a new experience and a little disconcerting at first, but alot of girls down there like guys from the US. They even said some of the same things that the mail order bride websites say, its just that the ones who are worth a shit don't want to leave. They want you to stay there.

I found your average bar, I went to one in Recoleta that is in Footprints, to be a great place to talk to women. If you see some girl looking at you, roll up on her and start jabbering away. Of course you have to speak some espanol, but it is a pretty easy language to learn. Understanding Portenos is a different matter.

El Alamo

Hunt.

First, define "hookers". My definition has something to do with a woman who is willing to have sex with multiple partners, whether she likes them or not, in exchange for a (usually) pre-determined price. A non-hooker therefor is anyone who either:

A) Doesn't screw men she doesn't like for money.

and / or.

B) Doesn't pre-determine the price.

I think there are some ladies being brought in to El Alamo by "others" who are hookers, and that's fine, but the ladies Peter and I were (and are) interviewing are not! They are pretty, single girls who either have real jobs, go to school, or are looking for real jobs. They have been invited to come to the restaurant with no "obligation" to do anything except brighten up the place and see if there are any interesting men there.

If they were to meet someone they liked, I'm sure they would appreciate a "gift" afterwards, and actually have been led to believe (by me) that the men at El Alamo want and expect to do that!

Carpe Diem!

David

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Dave
    Anyone who is interested in meeting some "regular" girls might want to check my latest post in the El Alamo section of the Restaurant and Bar Topic.

David
    Hey Dave,

I hate to dissent here, but the new setup at El Alamo has nothing to do with regular girls, and everything to do with hookers. Not that there's anything wrong with hooking, but let's not confuse the two.

Along this same line, I have noted more than a couple guys in Buenos Aires (not speaking of Capt Dave, just to be clear) seem to think that every woman in Buenos Aires is a hooker, and they speak and act accordingly. When you add a couple of vodkas to this attitude, the results are not always pretty. Yes, Argentinos tend to have a "liberal" attitude about the hobby, but some people need a lesson or two in being discreet.

Interestingly, I overheard an expat resident discussing just this thing yesterday. His words echoed my thoughts.

14. 12-17-05 20:19

Thumbs up The Regular Girls

I have been traveling from the Caribe to Argentina for almost 7 years now. Finding "regular" girls is quite easy these days. First and most important is to "try" to speak Espaņol! Finding a English speaking woman, is difficult at best. Second, be polite and nice to all the women "No Matter" what they look like. You can not imagine how fast word travels between the ladies. They inform their friends when they meet a ****** agradable! Third, have a business card and cell phone with your address and telephone numbers. Blind dates, family BBQs and partys are a great avenue for finding "new Friends". If they can't get a hold of you, your out of luck! I have had great adventures with some really nice ladies in Argentina and just bought a small house in Olivos. I never plan on living in the US again. Hope these comments help.

Thanks,

Jim

"Regular" Girls

Anyone who is interested in meeting some "regular" girls might want to check my latest post in the El Alamo section of the Restaurant and Bar Topic.

David

Posting Limitations