Thread: Two Questions. Racism and studying

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by BH Bound
    Quote Originally Posted by BundaLover
    Enough! Don't any of you guys go out to eat anymore? It seems like there have been 3 reviews of restraunts in the last several months. You all can't have your little sex providers cooking for you at home. Now back to the meaningless dribble.
    My Argie girlfriends do look down upon Bolivians, Paraguayas as she think those people they're living in a very poor status. Orient people it depends, since she does not have too much concpet how to differentiate Oriental, neither has any concept about things in Aisan. But she agreeds most of the Chinese that open supermarkets are not quite nice in appearance. I think racism is world-wide and especially here in this country that proud of themseleves it is understandable that they has this behavior.

Enough! Don't any of you guys go out to eat anymore? It seems like there have been 3 reviews of restraunts in the last several months. You all can't have your little sex providers cooking for you at home. Now back to the meaningless dribble.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Extranjero
    "god of mongers"
    God of Mongers! Wow! Does that job come with a salary and benefits?

So your whole life is this forum? Pathetic

You think you're a god of mongers & that's enough for your life?

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Only a dumb fuck would introduce himself to a new forum with a sarcastic comment involving Nazis and racism.

Try to be a little less obvious next time and maybe it will take a few posts before we all see that you're an idiot.

Jackson

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Extranjero
    So I used Nazi & "mud people" to mock a quasi-racist post & I am the one in trouble?
    Only a dumb fuck would introduce himself to a new forum with a sarcastic comment involving Nazis and racism.

Try to be a little less obvious next time and maybe it will take a few posts before we all see that you're an idiot.

Jackson

Jackson doesn't get sarcasm

So I used Nazi & "mud people" to mock a quasi-racist post & I am the one in trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Extranjero,

You've been a Forum Member for less than 2 weeks.

In your 1st post a couple of days ago you posed an idiotic question about getting a discount for only touching chicas without having sex, ostensibly because you have an "extreme paranoia about STD's".

In your 2nd post you resurrected a 2 year old thread about racism in which you provocatively interjected the words "Nazis" and "mud people" in the first sentence.

Now I'm going to ask you very directly: Who are you and what is your real agenda?

BTW: Three strikes and you're out.

Thanks,

Jackson

Administrator

Extranjero: What is your agenda?

Extranjero,

You've been a Forum Member for less than 2 weeks.

In your 1st post a couple of days ago you posed an idiotic question about getting a discount for only touching chicas without having sex, ostensibly because you have an "extreme paranoia about STD's".

In your 2nd post you resurrected a 2 year old thread about racism in which you provocatively interjected the words "Nazis" and "mud people" in the first sentence.

Now I'm going to ask you very directly: Who are you and what is your real agenda?

BTW: Three strikes and you're out.

Thanks,

Jackson

8. 12-23-07 15:38

I'm with Sid

I have friends that live out in the countries, all younger people from well to do families. They are racist as hell. They call the people that live in the villas negritos (little blacks) Bolivians are stupid, Brazilians as well though they fuck good, Colombians are drug dealers, Mexicans make good gardeners, etc. Etc. It's amazes me that such nice folks can be so racist.

The other thing about it that amazes me is the absolute conviction of their beliefs. That blacks are stupid and all have big dicks is as sure to them as the sun rising in the east.

Questionable race generalizations

First of all linking Asians & Mestizo Latinos together seems a bit extreme, like a Nazi would link all non-Aryans as "mud people".

Could you be a local that say had German ancestors that immigrated from Germany in a hurry in 1945?

Secondly when Asian people first arrive in a country they may work in menial jobs initially but due to their cultures' high level of achievement within a generation they move up quite quickly.

It is quite ironic that within half a century Argentina was once a First World country & is now essentially a Second World country whereas many regions of East Asia like Korea have in the same time become First World.

Argentines should reflect on the state of their own country before looking down on any others.

You may want to sound like you're just stating local attitudes but by your broad generalizations I wonder if you yourself are more racist than the typical Argentine.

Quote Originally Posted by Moore
    It is true that the level of education and culture in Argentina is high. But lets be honest, you're going to be looked down upon socially as an Oriental (Korean, Chinese, Bolvian, Peruvian, Mexican, Paraguayan, Vietnamese, etc. I've worked in many large offices here and the only time you see this race inside is cleaning the toilets.

Blacks, however, seem to be highly regarded here probably because they are so rare. If heard many stories of black guys being treated like star athletes, celebrities, etc. Here when they go out because thats what locals assume they are. Arabs are also highly respected here - even former president Menem is Syrian.

MCSE,

You are right in alot that you said, and these were from my experiences here in Buenos Aires. All I know is the world would be alot better place if there no RACISM at all but alas I don't think that would ever happen. So I guess all we can do is teach our kids and hope that the future generations find a solution for it. Hope you all don't mind me in asking Jackson to lock this thread cause it is not the place for this discussion and don't want to beat a dead horse anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Member #1164
    . For example people get pissed on the street here and call you chino or japonesa, I just go beserk that really pisses me off. Every time that has happend to me I got up in their face and physically pushed the guys, so far all have not wanted to fight me don't know why cause back in the states we would be throwing blows. Racism is world wide and here is no different, not sure if the Argentine people here are jealous because the Korean people here make quite alot of money in the garment industry and have nicer cars than most. Now I just try to think of it as the person that says that racial shit to me is non-educated and just jealous of me.
    Why you guys missunderstand things?

The matter with this racism is not the way you look, it's about culture and behaviors.

In Argentina, as in USA, all immigrants shared same behaviors; working a lot and saving money, that's apply for Spaniards, Italians, Jewish, Chinese and Koreans, and it also includes the puritans English immigrants in east USA.

The difference is Italians and Spaniards are more adapted to the new country, they oftenly married with locals and speak the language and undestand some little things that make the difference from it's original country.

Some immigrants made money and some others they never made money, and this is valid for all races, I truly doubt that all Chinese and Korean immigrants in Argentina have higher income than others since it's widely known that Chinese small markets owners must pay big interests to Chinese maffia.

Anyway, it's quite hard to see a Chinese / Korean immigrant well dressed, on a restaurant, spending in a shopping, in cinema, and driving a nice car.

What is very common to see it's Chinese people speaking their language in public and dressed very different from Argentines. Chinese supermarket owners are often looking customers as if all of customers were thiefts, and that attitude I think is what pisses off people. In addition, Hollywood movies reflects often Asian people as violent. Also the characters on Asian writting it's not friendly for European.

Another issue I've seen is asian guys sucking chicken feet as candies, I'm a very open mind person but for European culture that's disgusting. As Andres said, many other behaviors are metropolitan legends like many Chinese supermarkets turns off the power of refrigerators by night to save on power bills, as Chinese eat dogs, pingeons, etc.

In BA japanese is called Pon-ha, and many use this word for refering any Asian, there is no available information to difference a Chinese from a Korean nor Japanese, of course they are different each other, but should be the same that seeing cars without the tagmark "Toyota, Chevrolet, etc" you can see are different but you can't recognize wich one is the Toyota.

Argentineans also call "gringo" an American, Australian, British, South African, "tano" an Italian (because many italian immigrants come from Napoli and the gentiliscious is Napolitano) "gallegos" for Spaniards (also, many Spaniards were from Galicia) "turco" to any Arabic, and "moishele" to Jewish, "chilote" to Chileans, "bolita" to Bolivians (and this may be both funnier and offensive, since bolita stands for small ball) and "paragua" to Paraguayans, again, paragua stands for umbrella.

But you should not be offended if someone calls you "grigo", "tano", or "ponja", it's the friendly name for expats, immigrants.

Asian cuisine, as chinese massages are great and there is a few blocks China town in Belgrano, I really like a small chinese restaurant on the area but I will not reveal the name here since I wish they keep the low prices, the 1 liter beer and the big dishes. Many argentineans go to China Town to find fresh oysters, salmon and naturist products, and I've seen Chineses are more friendly there than in other locations around the city, maybe they find themselves more protected.

But don't think asian people it's persecuted in BA, I attend karate-do lessons with my Japanese sensei and he told me Argentinean are very open mind, he also teached certain european behaviors that for Japanese are offensive, also, for Japanese restaurants many Argentinean prefers a real Japanese chef than an argentinean / european one.

Based on what I've seen in Argentina, the less friendly they are with gispsy, because they often try to scam locals, and they are the less adapted culture, a lot dislike jewish for the same reason even considering Argentina is the 3rd country in the world with more jewish influence after israel and the US, and where every jewish school keeps 24/7 police guard and other government paid prevention stuff.

But #1164, man, if you go on the streets by facing and pushing people you are making nothing but contributing argentineans think all of Koreans are agressive people. What you think that guy you've pushed and everyone that seen that scene says to their sons: "beware of the Korean".

Or better yet

Quote Originally Posted by Moore
    Dickhead,

I don't doubt that that particular well-dressed guy that you met in the men's room spoke perfect English.

I am curious, how does one strike up a conversation in the men's room? What are some good ice-breakers? I need to do more networking down here and would appreciate some pointers.

Thanks,
    Perhaps something along the lines of: "Thats a very lovely cock you have, can I buy you and drink and expand my social contacts?"

I am Korean and I live in BA. All I can say that I experienced the same kind of racist shit I did back home in the states that I do here sometimes. For example people get pissed on the street here and call you chino or japonesa, I just go beserk that really pisses me off. Every time that has happend to me I got up in their face and physically pushed the guys, so far all have not wanted to fight me don't know why cause back in the states we would be throwing blows. Racism is world wide and here is no different, not sure if the Argentine people here are jealous because the Korean people here make quite alot of money in the garment industry and have nicer cars than most. Now I just try to think of it as the person that says that racial shit to me is non-educated and just jealous of me.

Dickhead,

I don't doubt that that particular well-dressed guy that you met in the men's room spoke perfect English.

I am curious, how does one strike up a conversation in the men's room? What are some good ice-breakers? I need to do more networking down here and would appreciate some pointers.

Thanks,

Dumb Ass

"I speak portuguese semi-fluently and spanish not as well"

Okay, so the patient says "I had chest pains" and you semi-fluently say "It is 9 o'clock"

Then the patient says in Spanish "I had chest pains" and you say "Oh I misunderstood, it is 10 o'clock."

Then the patient realilizes you are one of those politically connected doctors, pulls out a knife and stabs you in the heart.

All this after passing your exams in a foreign language!

Give me a fucking break with this thread about powerful friends, pulling strings, 2 million dollars a year for heart surgeons in Brasil, and silver spoon bullshit.

BH: go to college get a degree in marketing and sell stocks.

Posting Limitations